• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help for diet problem

1TrueDisciple

Jun 22, 2008
✟15,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I need some information.

I have coronary artery disease plus type II diabetes, and I'm having difficulty finding material on diets for someone with both of these conditions. I can find information on diets for heart disease and diets for diabetics, but not for the combination. The problem is that dietary elements for one condition might not be good for the other condition.

Does anyone know of a website where I can find the information I need?

I appreciate any help you can give.

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, I have read very good things about the "Mediteranian diet being good for both. Here is a link to one site that talks about it, it is from the Mayo Clinic.
Mediterranean diet for heart health - MayoClinic.com
I know a lot of Naturopaths as well as other MD's highly recommend it.
Here is another site that talks about how good it is for Type 2 diabetes.
Mediterranean Diet Best for Type 2 Diabetes
I hope this helps. If you google, you will find a lot of other info as well, these were just two that "jumped" out at me.

Upvote 0
D

Dairy

I'm not able to link but you might try googling Heartscanblog. Dr. Davis, a cardiologist, writes about what works and what does not for his patients. He has had best success using a low carb diet - similar to the South Beach diet but more involved. I've seen him caution though, if diabetic to be sure and work with your doctor concerning medication and the diet.

Reactions: 1TrueDisciple
Upvote 0

1TrueDisciple

Jun 22, 2008
✟15,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not able to link but you might try googling Heartscanblog. Dr. Davis, a cardiologist, writes about what works and what does not for his patients. He has had best success using a low carb diet - similar to the South Beach diet but more involved. I've seen him caution though, if diabetic to be sure and work with your doctor concerning medication and the diet.

Thank you.

Here is the link.

The Heart Scan Blog

Upvote 0