Ohio
✟7,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello! I need some help here... I'm having a little trouble finding a particular bit of news about a Successful Missionary trip to one of the islands about with a hostile tribe on it.

The only stuff I can find is about the guy that was killed on North Sentinel Island, but I don't think that's the one for obvious reasons...

My husband heard it on one of the Moody Radio News snippets this last week or so, but I can't find anything about it anywhere.

To help get the correct story this is the information my husband told me he remembers hearing: This island or tribe starts with a "W", this tribe would kill anyone coming near, ether 6 years or 6 months ago a man made successful contact, the "leader" touched or tried to grab him at some point, some time after the tribe leader asked him repetitively "who are you?", the missionary said my name is "such and such", and the leader told him that a a "feeling" or "pain" raced up his arm to his shoulder and asked again "Who ARE You?", The man told him that he was a Missionary of God come to spread the word of God.

The only other thing he can remember is that 60% of the bible is translated into their language so far.

Any held would be greatly appreciated!

G.T.C.

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello! I need some help here... I'm having a little trouble finding a particular bit of news about a Successful Missionary trip to one of the islands about with a hostile tribe on it.

The only stuff I can find is about the guy that was killed on North Sentinel Island, but I don't think that's the one for obvious reasons...

My husband heard it on one of the Moody Radio News snippets this last week or so, but I can't find anything about it anywhere.

To help get the correct story this is the information my husband told me he remembers hearing: This island or tribe starts with a "W", this tribe would kill anyone coming near, ether 6 years or 6 months ago a man made successful contact, the "leader" touched or tried to grab him at some point, some time after the tribe leader asked him repetitively "who are you?", the missionary said my name is "such and such", and the leader told him that a a "feeling" or "pain" raced up his arm to his shoulder and asked again "Who ARE You?", The man told him that he was a Missionary of God come to spread the word of God.

The only other thing he can remember is that 60% of the bible is translated into their language so far.

Any held would be greatly appreciated!

G.T.C.
I haven't heard the story, but I know Moody Radio keeps old programs available for download. I checked their website and found these two past programs that were about unreached people groups. They were more than a week ago, however... If these aren't it, you can always email or call Moody Radio directly and I'm sure they would be able to help you out. I'd like to know more about that story myself!

From the Ed Stetzer program on June 1:

Reaching the Unreached
God is leading an unprecedented worldwide movement toward the Unreached. June 9 marks the International Day for the Unreached, a day to focus on reaching those who've never heard about Jesus with the good news of the gospel. Ed Stetzer talks with FEBC Global Ambassador and IDU Alliance leader Wayne Pederson about this important call.

From Equipped with Chris Brooks on May 28th:

Reaching the Unreached for Christ
Here is a shocking statistic: More than 2 billion people – that’s 28 percent of the world’s population - have never heard the name of Jesus! And only 4 percent of the missionaries are working among these groups. If the Great Commission is our mandate, we need to expand our options for reaching the world for Christ and each of us has a role to play! Learn how you can help, right where you are.

Upvote 0