USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have just come from reading Ezekiel 40-48, has that temple already been built or is it a future temple.

If future why are there still animal sacrifice for the atonement of sin. If past, why does it not fit any of the previously built temples?
The temple is a symbol of Christ. It is not a third temple. This would involve people in unforgivable sin planning to switch from Christ back to animal sacrifices. Hebrews 6 forbids this with certain hell for any who would do this.

Ezekiel's temple has incomplete measurements which means only God can build it. Also, to even make a sketch of it includes the sin of adding to God's word.

The temple represents Christ as the Temple made without hands. Also, notice the temple is supernatural. As the trickle of water leaves the temple going east, it grows into a river. Speaking of the rivers of life swelling in the elect and Christ. This also shows the same in Christ's miracles by feeding many on just a few fragments of fish, enough for a meal. There's the fact that Jesus calls himself the temple ruling out another.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, that is an interesting take, do you have any images of its incomplete form? What do you feel is missing from the Temple to be incomplete. Who would be the Prince reigning in it?
The height measurements are missing except for the two pillars. There are pictures spread around the net of the imaginary one and one of the actual dimensions that I know of. It looks like a pack of cigarettes laying flat with two chopsticks standing vertically in front of the flat laying top of the pack.

Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The height measurements are missing except for the two pillars. There are pictures spread around the net of the imaginary one and one of the actual dimensions that I know of. It looks like a pack of cigarettes laying flat with two chopsticks standing vertically in front of the flat laying top of the pack.
Thanks and the Prince. Who would the Prince represent?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have just come from reading Ezekiel 40-48, has that temple already been built or is it a future temple.

If future why are there still animal sacrifice for the atonement of sin. If past, why does it not fit any of the previously built temples?
All of the prophecy in Ezekiel 40 to 48, is yet to happen and it will all happen before Jesus Returns.
Rather that me writing the details here, it would be practically a book!, would you like to look at my website, with many short articles of Bible prophesies and using other scriptures to explain them. www.logostelos.info

• Useful
Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of the prophecy in Ezekiel 40 to 48, is yet to happen and it will all happen before Jesus Returns.
Rather that me writing the details here, it would be practically a book!, would you like to look at my website, with many short articles of Bible prophesies and using other scriptures to explain them. www.logostelos.info
I have read one part of the Temple, but please may I ask, why will they be sacrifices for atonement of sin, if we believe that Jesus was the once and for all sacrifice.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have read one part of the Temple, but please may I ask, why will they be sacrifices for atonement of sin, if we believe that Jesus was the once and for all sacrifice.
I don't know the full answer to this, but it is clear that God will require sacrifices for expiation and offerings to honor Him.

There are several passages in the Old Testament that clearly indicate animal sacrifice will be re-instituted by the new citizens of all the holy Land. Isaiah 56:1-8, Ezekiel 20:40-41
The passage that is the most extensive, giving the greatest detail, is Ezekiel 43:18 and 46:24.

It should be noted that this is part of a greater passage dealing with the period after the Lords faithful people go to live in all of the holy Land, soon after the Land is cleared and cleansed; before Jesus Returns.

A prophecy that plainly states how those people will build the Temple, a new Temple that will surpass all other temples previously built, even Herod’s temple that was quite large, which existed during the earthly ministry of Christ. Haggai 2:6-9
The Shekinah Glory of God will come into it. Ezekiel 43:1-4

After giving details concerning the size, 1 Kings 6:1-3, and appearance of the Temple and the Altar, the Lord then begins to give detailed instruction as to the animal sacrifices that will be offered. Ezekiel 43:18-27

In chapter 44, the Lord gives instructions as to who will be offering sacrifices to the Lord. The Lord states that all of the Levites will not be offering blood and fat to the Lord due to previous sin; it will be those from the lineage of Zadok, (verse 15). Isaiah 66:21, Revelation 5:10

Chapters 45 and 46 continue to mention that animal sacrifices will be made.

The primary objection made to the idea of animal sacrifices returning is that Christ has come and offered a perfect sacrifice for sin, and there is therefore no need to sacrifice animals for sin. However, it must be remembered that animal sacrifice never removed the sin that spiritually separates a person from the Lord.
Hebrews 10:1-4 says, “For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins".

It is incorrect to think that animal sacrifices took away sins in the Old Testament, and it is incorrect to think they will do so again. Animal sacrifices served as object lessons for the sinner, that sin was and is a horrible offense against God, and that the result of sin is death.
Romans 3:20 says, “Because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.”

Most scholars agree that the purpose of animal sacrifice is memorial in nature. As the Lord’s Supper is a reminder of the death of Christ to the Church today, animal sacrifices will be a reminder until Jesus Returns. To those born during that time, animal sacrifices will again be an object lesson. During that future time, righteousness and holiness will prevail, but people still have earthly bodies will still have a sin nature, and there will be a need to teach about how offensive sin is to a holy and righteous God.

Animal sacrifices will serve that purpose, "but in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year". Hebrews 10:3

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it does, it is man-made and will end in great apostasy in the church with untold millions converging on Jerusalem once a year just to end up in hell, more than it can ever hold, for keeping the rituals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If it does, it is man-made and will end in great apostasy in the church with untold millions converging on Jerusalem once a year just to end up in hell, more than it can ever hold, for keeping the rituals.
The nations must come to Jerusalem once a year, at least a representative group of each ethnicity, to worship the Lord, Zechariah 14:16-21
This will be for all of the Millennium period.

As you fail to provide any scriptural support for your peculiar ideas, we can safely ignore them.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The nations must come to Jerusalem once a year, at least a representative group of each ethnicity, to worship the Lord, Zechariah 14:16-21

As you fail to provide any scriptural support for your peculiar ideas, we can safely ignore them.
Make it say what you need to. But it's a symbol of Jesus and the Church in NT times.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Probably the copy Moses saw.

Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who is the Regent Prince?
Where is Jesus represented?

Eze 44:24 ISV When disputes arise, they are to serve as a judge, adjudicating matters according to my ordinances. They are to enforce my laws, my statutes, all of my appointed festivals, and they are to sanctify my Sabbaths.
Here it speaks about observing the law. I thought the law was fulfilled through Jesus.

Upvote 0