Help. Dreamt about a strange boy that now I've met for real.

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
On july 17th I had a dream and in the dream there was a boy. I remember what he looked like and even certain attributes about him like, he was native american, and the type of music and lifestyle he was into. I didn't know this boy at all, and I had no idea why he was in my dream. In the dream he asked me to help him, and I said, I don't know how All i can give you is the gift of Jesus.

Well exactly a month later I meet this boy on the internet, after a few hours of meeting him it hits me its the boy from my dream. I prayed to God to comfirm it because I wasn't sure, and he confirmed it by the boy telling me he was Apache, native american. I know this boy has serious alcohol and drug abuse problems. I don't know what to do now I'm lost. He isnt a christian and he isn't the easiest to talk to. not to mention we don't know each other at all, we're still strangers. I was given the spirit of discernment and I can tell just by looking at him he isn't happy with how he is and he's just accepted it as who he is. He's really pulling at my heart strings but I'm at a loss.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This looks like a sweet set up. You had a prophetic dream, and then you were given a spirit of discernment. If indeed this is the boy of the dream, I believe the Lord will continue to confirm it by giving you the tools to deal with him. Don’t be afraid of the supernatural – a word of knowledge, a word of wisdom, the gift of faith can break the spiritual ice like nothing else. Pray on it – the dream may have been to prepare you for moving in the spiritual gifts with a holy boldness. That may be the only way to tear down the stronghold.

Upvote 0

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I figured the only way to help is to keep praying and just let god lead me. I know definately not to jump right into spirituality and stuff since he's a stranger so i'm trying to build alittle bit of a friendship with me so maybe he can trust me to open up. People i dont know and that i know always open up to me and talk to me about there problems and this is the first person ive felt really should, and that im called to help. Im just afraid of doing or saying something wrong that scares him away and that's the end of it.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
after a few hours of meeting him it hits me its the boy from my dream. I prayed to God to comfirm it because I wasn't sure, and he confirmed it
Isn't that funny how that happens... I've had to write things down because I don't always believe myself, that it's not deja vu.

It sounds similar to those angel stories on TV ... where people dream of a person and later see them, finding the need to know important for their safety.

You already seem to sense his personality and caution, so keep it in mind but don't allow yourself to feel inwardly stifled by it. Just say that's who he is, and you are who you are. If he needs to build trust slowly with you, then he probably doesn't trust many other people either... so look at yourself on a scale of rare friendship that might include fewer people than you're used to.

We sometimes get caught up in striving when it comes to serving God. Just respond the way you believe you need to, and allow God to work through you. Let God do the work in him, and keep in tune with each step He asks of you.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This stuff happens to my mom all the time and she always told me she believed it'd happen to me. I always agreed but i never expected it to feel so unreal and strange when it did.
If you picture God tying everyone's strengths and needs together, then it's easier to see that He might use you for things. Think about your background and personality, and it might explain why God thought you'd be a good one for it.

Sometimes people get caught up in a romantic fatalism that distracts them from the real purpose ("We must be meant to be together"), or they get caught up in what God wants them to do with the gift. God gives everyone amazing jobs and giftings... whatever we need for the task, He freely gives.
Enjoy the new friendship!

Upvote 0

hadasseh

Seeker of Light
Dec 29, 2009
✟8,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This looks like a sweet set up. You had a prophetic dream, and then you were given a spirit of discernment. If indeed this is the boy of the dream, I believe the Lord will continue to confirm it by giving you the tools to deal with him. Don’t be afraid of the supernatural – a word of knowledge, a word of wisdom, the gift of faith can break the spiritual ice like nothing else. Pray on it – the dream may have been to prepare you for moving in the spiritual gifts with a holy boldness. That may be the only way to tear down the stronghold.
Amen Amen Amen You can do all things thru Christ -- He will enable you to do what He's called you to :)

Upvote 0

jehoiakim

Servant
Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
cool! I love it when God works that way, its a real gift when it happens. Don't stress out about it, keep the dialog open, keep praying for God to give you some direction on what to do next. He wouldn't lead you down a path and then abandon you and not tell you what to do next. The best way to insure God uses you is to draw yourself closer to Jesus and then you will hear more clearly when he leads you. He might be leading you to help this boy soon, but my guess is it is later down the road, if you can establish a friendship with him it will be easier for him to trust you and your words will mean more. Just be careful you don't allow yourselves to get too interested in each other otherwise it could turn romantic and dangerous... you have to keep your distance while still being a good friend to him if that makes sense. Look for statments he makes that portray how lost his is, or sad and draw him out, start as a friendly ear to hear him and maybe God will start giving you ways to point to Christ subtely without bashing him over the head with it.

Upvote 0

aaren

Jun 4, 2011
New Orleans
✟15,172.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember the Parable of Light Revealed.

My impression is that if you get to a point where you feel comfortable knowing that the dream was about this guy, then you should consider sharing the dream with him. Don't forget to speak the truth that God has blessed you with, and to be who you are for the sake of Jesus. You don't have to worry about anything else if you do that. Even if he turns away from you and you never hear from him again, he could end up using what you say when he needs it the most.

This is just my impression, though. I ask that God continue to pour out his spirit of discernment on you so that you are able to carry out his work, and be a blessing to those around you who are given light but don't comprehend it.

Upvote 0

levi6212

Aug 26, 2011
✟15,127.00
Faith
Charismatic
I'm not Christian and I usually don't do this but this is important. Look, just because you had a dream in which you met a Native American and then you run into one ONLINE of all places, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Don't just jump to conclusions, think rationally. I've had de ja vu myself and I can't explain it scientifically, especially when it's really strong, but it is always meaningless - nothing special ever comes of it.

I'm just saying, don't force the dream into reality. You WANT this to be meaningful, and so you're more likely to try to make things work with someone that you might not have otherwise considered or tried so hard to make things work out with.

I met someone online and moved thousands of miles for her but before I even got here, I myself drifted apart. And we talked on webcam for up to 16 hours a day EVERY day, for months before I moved. We even bought rings for eachother. She turned out to be too young though and I think subconsciously I was just trying to get away from my crazy religious family anyway.

Don't force yourself onto him. I do drugs now myself and also have some Cherokee blood (1/64th LOL), but the point is that I ALSO have something in common with that guy who I also know nothing about. If your dream was of a Peruvian, you'd eventually run into a Peruvian.... My great grandfather was Native American and he beat the hell out of my great grandmother, btw....

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums