May 19, 2013
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone i'm new here on christian forums but i have been a LONG time lurker. Well i decided to make a profile because as you can tell by my name i have taken a nazarite vow. For those who are unaware of the nazarite vow i urge you to read Numbers 6.
So with that being said i'm cleansing not only myself but my life by practicing to tame my tongue from foul language, watching what i eat, pray and learn gods word more closely, and getting rid of any bad influences in my life. I have been a hardcore gamer and comic book nerd all my life and they are just my hobbies, but i have gotten rid of the games that have you mindlessly killing real people (gta4 etc.)and so I have been careful of what i play. That being said I would much appreciate you fine peoples advice on a couple things:
I have cleaned out my game collection and have been acquiring more appropriate titles. However i have come across a PS3 exclusive game called L.A.I.R. it is a dragon riding simulator where you have to defend your country because of the neighboring alliances attacking you, it is also rated T for teen. I have been skeptical of the game because i know dragons in the bible are usually the image of evil. However i know the dragons mentioned in the bible don't look like what we know today's as dragons but still the word dragon is synonymous with bad things. So guys do you think this game would be okay for my collection? You can find more info by searching L.A.I.R. Wikipedia
Onto comics and movies, I used to be a fan of the hell-boy movies and read a few of the comics. However I'm guessing you can see were my skepticism is going to come from. Even though his origins were bad he was adopted by a catholic priest of sorts and now fights for good and carries around his rosary every where he goes using it and other christian relics to fight off demons and monsters. There are allot of christian imagery in the film and comics clearly showing hell boy is wanting so badly to be the good guy. I'm VERY skeptical about this one but it seems like a story of redemption but that still does not undermine what hell boy actually is. There is more info at Hell boy Wikipedia
I just want to thank you guys in advance I'm very thankful for all your help. May god bless you.

Tirgithin

May 4, 2013
✟7,885.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I see fiction as just that, fiction. Entertainment. It does not influence my life. Just think of the Narnia books. Magic, mythical beasts, etc. But it never corrupted anyone and was written by a Christian.

As long as you can seperate reality from fiction AND know your own values, what is right and wrong, there should not be a problem. You will not get badly influenced simply by watching a work of fiction.

However, it is your call. If you feel uncomfortable about it, maybe you should just get rid off it, just to be sure. However, keep in mind we live in a secular world (there is not for everything a Christian substitute). You can not escape it, only deal with it.

Upvote 0