Help about Catholic View of Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a major problem. In Bible study at my church this past wednesday someone said, "CATHOLICS BELIEVE MARY IS HIGHER THAN JESUS AND THEY WORSHIP HER!" I became very angry at this comment because I know it isn't true. I tried to explain to the person that this wasn't true because I went to catholic school (even though I am not Catholic and never have been) and we were taught that no human is higher than Jesus and that Jesus is God because of the Trinity and I fully believed this teaching then and I believe it now and that Catholic don't worship Mary they pray to her.

I have to say I was very embarrassed and insulted (though I am not catholic) that someone would say a BALD FACE lie about another christian faith right in church. And my pastor didn't say anything and I firmly believe it's because he didn't know one way or the other.

I am sick and tired of people just making stuff up about other people's beliefs. It's rude and ignorant! And as Christians we are not supposed to out right LIE on one another.

So anyway, I was wondering could some Catholics help me out and tell me exactly what you view Mary as ? What her place is ? and her role in the Catholic faith ? So I can go back to church and rebuke this ridiculousness in the name of Jesus..It would be greatly appreciated any information you have and please in your post let me know if I can Quote your exact words at my church. And if you have any book excerpts you can post from you Catholic faith or written by the Pope or any Catholic religious authority that dispells that Catholics believe that Mary is higher than Jesus please do so.

And I am sure you all would be glad to know I told this person that instead of focusing on what Catholics do, why don't you worry about what your NOT doing in our very OWN CHURCH! :rolleyes:

Bless you,
Missy

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Missy:

I am sick and tired of people just making stuff up about other people's beliefs. It's rude and ignorant! And as Christians we are not supposed to out right LIE on one another.

NO KIDDING! That's why the Catholics in this forum work so hard!

And I am sure you all would be glad to know I told this person that instead of focusing on what Catholics do, why don't you worry about what your NOT doing in our very OWN CHURCH!

That should be tattooed on the heads of people everywhere, LOL.

Seriously, I'll take a mosey through the forum and collect some of the stuff that has been posted on Mary. I'll paste them together and place them in the "information thread" KC has established at the top of this board.

Bless you, Missy, for your campaign of truth!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
What an excellent thought! The one about worring about your own faith

Some people really do spend too much time criticizing what others believe. And that is sooooo not what we're supposed to be doing as Christians!

VOW...I await your addition to the information thread on this subject! I know it's been discussed a lot, but it's great to have a central place for all the information. :)

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Missy:

Instead of doing a hunt and seek through the forum, I got a book out of my personal library and typed in some information about Mary from that. It has been added to the Permanent Thread at the top of the board.

I covered some of the deeper topics that we've touched on here and there, where Catholics call Mary "the New Eve," and also "the New Ark of the Covenant," along with SCRIPTURE references.

If you need more, let me know. I've got a few other books, too >wink<.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.