1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Devnet, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Devnet

Devnet Stardust

+6
    Seeker
    Single
    Hello. I joined the forum a little while ago, but I'm never really sure how one starts out in a new forum, so I put off introducing myself. Having finally decided that inspiration is not going to come and I'm not going to figure out a clever, witty way to introduce myself, I'll just dive in.

I'm a woman in my late twenties. I was raised by two atheists, although my mom was more than willing to take me to church if I wanted to go. I was sexually abused as a child and suffer from, among other things, post-traumatic stress disorder, recurrent depression, and anxiety. If pushed, I self-describe as an atheist, although I do engage in some private religious ritual (mainly praying), probably because I find it to be greatly beneficial to my mental health. I've spent most of my life struggling with my feelings about and how I relate to religion. I've been to many churches over the years, and as of yet I haven't found one that I've stuck with. I am currently exploring various Christian denominations but I don't really feel like I have a good mechanism for doing so, which is (I suppose) why I'm joining this forum.

This may all be too much information, or perhaps the wrong type of information, but it's what I wrote, so . . . hello again! I look forward to interacting with this forum.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. americanvet

americanvet Saved Sinner

+79
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Welcome to the site!

3. Tigger45

Tigger45 Stand by Ukraine Supporter

+12,378
    United States
    Generic Orthodox Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Glad ya decided to join us! Hope we can help you on your journey :)

4. kayfeather

kayfeather Member

+2
    United States
    Anglican
    Separated
    US-Others
    Welcome! I am here seeking answers myself and I too wasn't really raised in religion.

5. Pink Spider

Pink Spider EUROPEAN ANGLICAN Supporter

+459
    Anglican
    Single
  6. Schrodinger's Hat

Schrodinger's Hat Weird guy

+84
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Welcome!:wave:

7. Susie~Q

Susie~Q John 3:16 God bless you. Supporter

+2,473
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hello and welcome to CF from New Zealand

8. dcalling

dcalling Senior Member

+305
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Welcome to CF again, sorry to hear your past. I will pray that God lead your way, and don't worry too much about the denom stuff, I am still not sure which denomination I am after been a Christian for over 5 years (been a serious one). All God's command was to love others as ourselves, I just try to follow that one. it is hard.

9. Devnet

Devnet Stardust

+6
    Seeker
    Single
    Thank you all very much for the welcome! It's wonderful to hear from you all.

10. GuusVA

GuusVA God's Warrior

+334
    Belgium
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Welcome to CF :wave: I hope that you may find the people here extraordinary and very helpful on your journey :) I sure know that there are a whole lot of wise people on here all on a different subject :)

11. Jay1949

Jay1949 Love my life

+19
    Seeker
    Private
    Hello and welcome to christian forums.

12. Lily76_

Lily76_ Pray for the Persecuted Supporter

+2,499
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Welcome to CF :clap:

13. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+12,169
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome to Christian forums

14. stan1953

stan1953 Well-Known Member

+47
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Liberals
    Welcome to CF.

15. SaltwaterHeart

SaltwaterHeart A Christian Furry And A Christian Brony

+6
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Welcome! It's nice to meet you! My name is Syd.
    You are definitely not alone. I struggle with PTSD from various forms of abuse, too, as well as anxiety and depression. I struggle with organized religion, too; so, if you want to talk about these things - or anything else - feel free to PM me.

16. stan1953

stan1953 Well-Known Member

+47
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Liberals
  17. Koakku

Koakku Well-Known Member Supporter

+950
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Welcome to CF!

18. Rafiel

Rafiel Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    Hi Devnet !

Welcome to the new digs !!

No, it wasn't too much information. You have my deepest empathy. Abuse really messes things up for you. It colors and shades everything you see. Because it was all you knew. It makes life difficult from a social point of view. I am not sure that it is ever "cured". But as we fill our lives with love, and new positive experiences we can turn open wounds into healing scars that fade away to minimal with time.

I sure am happy to see you here. May your journey here be warm and blessed and may we be blessed by your being here.