Devnet

Stardust
Apr 16, 2014
✟15,271.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I joined the forum a little while ago, but I'm never really sure how one starts out in a new forum, so I put off introducing myself. Having finally decided that inspiration is not going to come and I'm not going to figure out a clever, witty way to introduce myself, I'll just dive in.

I'm a woman in my late twenties. I was raised by two atheists, although my mom was more than willing to take me to church if I wanted to go. I was sexually abused as a child and suffer from, among other things, post-traumatic stress disorder, recurrent depression, and anxiety. If pushed, I self-describe as an atheist, although I do engage in some private religious ritual (mainly praying), probably because I find it to be greatly beneficial to my mental health. I've spent most of my life struggling with my feelings about and how I relate to religion. I've been to many churches over the years, and as of yet I haven't found one that I've stuck with. I am currently exploring various Christian denominations but I don't really feel like I have a good mechanism for doing so, which is (I suppose) why I'm joining this forum.

This may all be too much information, or perhaps the wrong type of information, but it's what I wrote, so . . . hello again! I look forward to interacting with this forum.

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
welcome-glitter_zps881f16d4.gif

Welcome to CF!

Neil Young - Rockin' In The Free World - YouTube

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF again, sorry to hear your past. I will pray that God lead your way, and don't worry too much about the denom stuff, I am still not sure which denomination I am after been a Christian for over 5 years (been a serious one). All God's command was to love others as ourselves, I just try to follow that one. it is hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaltwaterHeart

A Christian Furry And A Christian Brony
Mar 12, 2014
Minnesota
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome! It's nice to meet you! My name is Syd.
You are definitely not alone. I struggle with PTSD from various forms of abuse, too, as well as anxiety and depression. I struggle with organized religion, too; so, if you want to talk about these things - or anything else - feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rafiel

May 10, 2014
currently with the snow geese !
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Devnet !

Welcome to the new digs !!

No, it wasn't too much information. You have my deepest empathy. Abuse really messes things up for you. It colors and shades everything you see. Because it was all you knew. It makes life difficult from a social point of view. I am not sure that it is ever "cured". But as we fill our lives with love, and new positive experiences we can turn open wounds into healing scars that fade away to minimal with time.

I sure am happy to see you here. May your journey here be warm and blessed and may we be blessed by your being here.

Upvote 0