✟13,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everybody.

I'm an atheist. That's about the single least interesting thing that you can know about me. I'm also a Canadian, a mineral exploration geologist and I raise carnivorous plants.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G

Drick

Aug 22, 2017
Alabama
✟18,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm an atheist. That's about the single least interesting thing that you can know about me.
Welcome!

Glad you don't think being an atheist makes you the God-King of Ultimate Knowledge and Power, it's never fun to be around them. Do you follow any particular school of thought, such as nihilism or post-modernism? Who's your favorite philosopher, if you have one? And the hard question; What's your favorite shape?

Have a nice stay!

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everybody.

I'm an atheist. That's about the single least interesting thing that you can know about me. I'm also a Canadian, a mineral exploration geologist and I raise carnivorous plants.

Hello Paleophyte, welcome to CF :). Maybe we can change your mind about being an atheist. Being an engineer I like scientifically inclined people. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everybody.

Hi,
glad you are visiting us here.
I used to be like you, atheist. Until I felt and knew the power of God in my life. I hope you too will experience that one day.
So where do you draw strength to live and handle your life? What or whom do you depend upon? Do you feel alone and lonely? Serious questions for you to ask yourself.

Reactions: Paleophyte
Upvote 0

Paleophyte

Sep 20, 2017
Eastern
✟13,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. Please excuse the long multiquote:

Glad you don't think being an atheist makes you the God-King of Ultimate Knowledge and Power...

No, that's what our Ultimate Knowledge and Power Dawkins Decoder Rings(TM) are for. :p

...it's never fun to be around them.

I can't imagine it would be. Happily, they're no more representative of atheists as a whole than the caricature Evangelists that troll the atheist forums with The Truth are of Christians.

Do you follow any particular school of thought, such as nihilism or post-modernism? Who's your favorite philosopher, if you have one?

Nothing and nobody that specific. Put me down as a garden-variety skeptic. I've found that the labels don't mean much anyway.

And the hard question; What's your favorite shape?

Right now I'm enjoying the Z = Z^7 + c form of the generalized Mandelbrot set. Some of the related Z = Z^6 + n Julia sets are also quite beautiful but it's impossible to pick just one.

Hello Paleophyte, welcome to CF :). Maybe we can change your mind about being an atheist.

Perhaps, though in my experience people change their own minds.

I used to be like you, atheist. Until I felt and knew the power of God in my life. I hope you too will experience that one day.

I never have. I probably should have mentioned that I was raised in the United Church of Canada. Very liberal, nearly Unitarian. I had a great time, sang in the choir, went to church camp, joined the youth group, but my faith never matured beyond the juvenile stages.

So where do you draw strength to live and handle your life? What or whom do you depend upon?

From myself, my wife and my dog, in about that order. I'm fairly self-reliant and easily contented.

Do you feel alone and lonely?

Not at present. I've felt both at various points in my life, though not always at the same time.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everybody.

Welcome to CF, Paleophyte! And happy birthday! You're the third atheist to sign-up today. CF is on a roll.... :D

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paleophyte

Sep 20, 2017
Eastern
✟13,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. There has been cake, volcanoes and catepillars. A good birthday by my standards.

You're the third atheist to sign-up today. CF is on a roll.... :D

Four now. As a couple of others have mentioned it isn't entirely coincidental. Somebody was unwise with their cross-thread, cross-forum discussions and it led back here. It shouldn't cause any grief. The ones that I recognize are the mature sort that are unlikely to start an unholy war.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for all the birthday wishes. There has been cake, volcanoes and catepillars. A good birthday by my standards.

Four now. As a couple of others have mentioned it isn't entirely coincidental. Somebody was unwise with their cross-thread, cross-forum discussions and it led back here. It shouldn't cause any grief. The ones that I recognize are the mature sort that are unlikely to start an unholy war.

Oh, I see. Sounds like something out of a Daredevil or Blacklist episode. :cool:

Reactions: Paleophyte
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,
so atheist eh? Rather a bleak empty outlook really!
What do you believe happens when you die, and what do you base that belief upon?
Also, upon what or whom do you depend for strength as you live through often adversity? I am genuinely interested in having a dialogue. I must warn you I am a simple girl! I cannot match your intelligence, I have not memorized the bible nor am I very good at arguments, all I am armed with is my total belief in Jesus Christ and my own experience of Him in my own life. I used to be an atheist myself until about three years ago. Then things happened.

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello @Paleophyte ! Welcome to the forums! We are excited to have you here! Geology has always been an interest of mine. From a young age I have wanted to be a Paleontologist. It didn't work out, though. I am planning on ministering now. Anyways, if you need anything at all, please feel free to send a message my way. I would love to be able to help you in any way I can! Take care, friend. And most importantly: Have fun! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paleophyte

Sep 20, 2017
Eastern
✟13,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
so atheist eh? Rather a bleak empty outlook really!

Not really. Like I said, it's about the single least interesting thing you can know about me. The rest is a bit heavy for an intro post but if you want to start another thread I'd be happy to answer you there. You may have to point me at it though since I'm a noob here. If we keep it nonconfrontational then it doesn't matter who the better arguer is. Nobody loses a conversation.

Geology has always been an interest of mine. From a young age I have wanted to be a Paleontologist. It didn't work out, though.

Paleontology is a tough row to hoe. You need a lot of biology, geology, chemistry, stats, etc... I'm a hard rock geologist and I do a fair bit of geochemistry and geochronology. I get to shoot rocks with particle beams and lasers. Really tiny lasers, but they're really tiny rocks. Drop me a note if you have any questions.

• Winner
Reactions: Zoey <3
Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a hard rock geologist and I do a fair bit of geochemistry and geochronology. I get to shoot rocks with particle beams and lasers. Really tiny lasers, but they're really tiny rocks. Drop me a note if you have any questions.

That sounds like fun. Thank you. I may take you up on that offer in the future :)

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. Like I said, it's about the single least interesting thing you can know about me. The rest is a bit heavy for an intro post but if you want to start another thread I'd be happy to answer you there. You may have to point me at it though since I'm a noob here. If we keep it nonconfrontational then it doesn't matter who the better arguer is.

Paleontology is a tough row to hoe. You need a lot of biology, geology, chemistry, stats, etc... I'm a hard rock geologist and I do a fair bit of geochemistry and geochronology. I get to shoot rocks with particle beams and lasers. Really tiny lasers, but they're really tiny rocks. Drop me a note if you have any questions.

Hi Paleo;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0

Paleophyte

Sep 20, 2017
Eastern
✟13,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

Thanks. Regardless of whether you have faith, it is hard to miss the fact that it has inspired some very moving music over the ages. You might be interested in some of the discussions that I've had with other atheists on this topic. I played flute in my school band but it's hard to keep in practice. It doesn't work well by itself. Yet even three decades out of practice and I can still pick it up and play O Come All Ye Faithful.

Sadly, I can't post in that section, which is a shame because LittleLambofjesus mentioned O Holy Night, which I feel is one of the more beautiful hymns. Unfortunately, the arrangement that he posted makes what I consider to be one of the most common mistakes with that piece. The third verse needs to be sung mezzo piano and then you need to belt out the fourth verse fortissimo. Properly done, that line should make the audience fall on their knees. Or maybe it's just that I grew up with the Bing Crosby version.

Upvote 0