New York
✟7,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello fellow Christians! Im Charlie, 37. My journey in Christianity has been a bumpy ride. I was born and raised a New York catholic (my mom is catholic). At the age of 13 my parents split up and I went to live with my protestant dad in Pennsylvania who eventually talked me into being baptized in his church (he was a baptist) but I hated church with long and boring sermons. Last year he passed away which was a crippling blow to me as we became very close over the 20+ years we lived together. My mom (whom I went back to NYC to visit many times during my time living with my dad) invited me back to live with her in NYC where I am today. My mom has reinstated my Catholic faith in me (as I mentioned I never liked those long baptist sermons). Ironically my dad's passing led me back to my Catholic roots and now my Christianity is more important to me than ever. I think sometimes Jesus leads us to certain places to learn new things and while I was never a well practiced Christian while living with my dad I learned so much from him and I'm finally leading a true Christian life with my mom in my old stomping grounds in Brooklyn

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello fellow Christians! Im Charlie, 37. My journey in Christianity has been a bumpy ride. I was born and raised a New York catholic (my mom is catholic). At the age of 13 my parents split up and I went to live with my protestant dad in Pennsylvania who eventually talked me into being baptized in his church (he was a baptist) but I hated church with long and boring sermons. Last year he passed away which was a crippling blow to me as we became very close over the 20+ years we lived together. My mom (whom I went back to NYC to visit many times during my time living with my dad) invited me back to live with her in NYC where I am today. My mom has reinstated my Catholic faith in me (as I mentioned I never liked those long baptist sermons). Ironically my dad's passing led me back to my Catholic roots and now my Christianity is more important to me than ever. I think sometimes Jesus leads us to certain places to learn new things and while I was never a well practiced Christian while living with my dad I learned so much from him and I'm finally leading a true Christian life with my mom in my old stomping grounds in Brooklyn
Welcome Charlie :) I am glad you are here. God bless you :)

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Hello Nativenewyorker1980, welcome to CF!
Nice to meet you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF, Charlie! I believe what’s most important is that we believe in Jesus, no matter where we choose to worship Him. Sending prayers for you, that the Lord will continue to strengthen your faith as you look to Him in the coming days.

Upvote 0