Hello. I'm definitely some kind of dude.

ExternalTiger

Mar 14, 2021
Southern California
✟17,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi there.

I'm a 26 (turning 27 this month) year old guy. I'm on disability for depression, and I write a lot of fiction (I'm working on a supernatural spy novel about codependency). There's probably something interesting about me but I can't think of it at this time.

I joined this forum in large part because I would honestly like to become a Christian but I have some issues that I'd like to talk about (I'm not sure where to go to ask questions like "why should I be a Christian when I've seen no evidence of miracles and the Bible is not exactly the most historical document known to man?"). So if someone could direct me to wherever I could go to talk about that, I would be obliged to thank them.

I'm happy to be here, I guess. I hope y'all are more helpful than reddit was. Thanks for having me.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello & welcome.
I joined this forum in large part because I would honestly like to become a Christian but I have some issues that I'd like to talk about...
No one has ever been argued or taught into the Kingdom. They come because they are hungry and/or hurting and they have exhausted all other options.

Jesus said,
Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”​
Luke 5: 31-32 NKJV

Last edited:
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF

There are Spiritual Growth, Spiritual Gifts and Sign Gifts forums that are only for posters who believe in God's spiritual gifts and they're for today. (There's Sign Before Posting threads to check out beforehand). If that's not your views, there are numerous forums you can utilize.

Hope you find your times here rewarding.

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey, a very warm welcome!

I'm not sure where to go to ask questions like "why should I be a Christian when I've seen no evidence of miracles and the Bible is not exactly the most historical document known to man?")

Perhaps you could ask your question in any of the "Christians only" sections because, I personally think only a person who has walked a mile with God will be able to tell you how awesomely beautiful the journey is/can be and why it's a life worth living.

"Psalms 34:8 - Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."​

Mods here does an amazing job in moving the threads to appropriate forums when needed, so feel free to post and get your answers. God bless!

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there.

I'm a 26 (turning 27 this month) year old guy. I'm on disability for depression, and I write a lot of fiction (I'm working on a supernatural spy novel about codependency). There's probably something interesting about me but I can't think of it at this time.

I joined this forum in large part because I would honestly like to become a Christian but I have some issues that I'd like to talk about (I'm not sure where to go to ask questions like "why should I be a Christian when I've seen no evidence of miracles and the Bible is not exactly the most historical document known to man?"). So if someone could direct me to wherever I could go to talk about that, I would be obliged to thank them.

I'm happy to be here, I guess. I hope y'all are more helpful than reddit was. Thanks for having me.
Maybe I can help. I've been the recipient of many miracles. They are not as spectacular as raising the dead, but miracles just the same.

Your statement that the Bible is "not exactly the most historical document" is simply wrong. There is far more recorded about Jesus than Aristotle or Plato. Some disciples of Jesus wrote down what they saw, heard and experienced. Eyewitness accounts mean a great deal. The same disciples were willing to die for their beliefs, which could have easily been disproven if they were false.

If you do not accept the Bible as historical then no ancient historical record has any validity.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! I'll see you out in the forum. Have you started reading Scripture? I recommend starting with the Book of John. Let us know how your thoughts once you start reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello EternalTiger,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

344365_10e2a1f7a84c759008fd505dcca0b105.gif

342373_4e16b051a519b7a7b764183bba0f8cee.gif

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi there.

Hello ExternalTiger
A very warm welcome to you from all of us.
You sound very talented with your writing and it will be great to hear more about your novel.
Hope you will feel at home with our community.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟421,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@ExternalTiger ,
Welcome to Christian Forums. Enjoy the fellowship and love of Christ often felt here. God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there.

I love your thread title.

Welcome, man!

Upvote 0