Hello,glad I found this forum. I'm a 64 yr old grandma raising a 5 year old boy who has autism.

Lorrainekat

Feb 17, 2019
Ohio
✟7,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello,glad I found this forum. I'm a 64 yr old grandma raising a 5 year old boy who has autism. For the past couple years depression has swallowed me up. Am currently taking suboxone which I hate,but am scared to go through the withdrawals. My grandson needs me too much for me to hole up and suffer withdrawals. A very lonely world to live in. Thinking of going on antidepressants out of desperation. I love the Lord & know he's with me. Praying but answers aren't coming, at least not yet.

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm probably not the best person to give you advice, since I haven't dealt with anything like your situation, but are you a part of a church/any community? Do you have people you can talk to about this? Being a part of a group or being able to connect with people going through something similar can really, really help.
I hope you can find some peace in this forum and maybe meet someone who can help guide you through this situation. Just continue to trust in God, He will deliver. Don't give up hope!

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,glad I found this forum. I'm a 64 yr old grandma raising a 5 year old boy who has autism. For the past couple years depression has swallowed me up. Am currently taking suboxone which I hate,but am scared to go through the withdrawals. My grandson needs me too much for me to hole up and suffer withdrawals. A very lonely world to live in. Thinking of going on antidepressants out of desperation. I love the Lord & know he's with me. Praying but answers aren't coming, at least not yet.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I was on suboxone for a few years and it's not as bad as oxy pain killers. I don't think you should suffer depression from that suboxone, at least I didn't. The withdrawals put me out for about 3 months just so you know. It was terrible for about the first month and then got easier. I was told they only last 10-14 days but that is not what I experienced.

You might just try the antidepressents first. Child care will have to be given to someone else while your withdrawing from suboxone.

It shouldn't be too lonely with a 5 year old around :)

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Oh my.... I have nothing but admiration and praise for any grandmother raising a 5 year-old and especially one with autism. Welcome to the forums and God bless you.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome sister in Christ.

Praying for you and your grandson. May Almighty God bring you the Grace and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24The LORD bless you, and keep you;

25The LORD make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;

26The LORD lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.’

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome !!! Seek a good mental health professional if you have insurance and even if you don't you can get help for no income or low income people. I thought Suboxone was given to stop heroin addiction. I could be wrong. I'm praying for you and the boy and God will be with you to get you through this.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome !!! Seek a good mental health professional if you have insurance and even if you don't you can get help for no income or low income people. I thought Suboxone was given to stop heroin addiction. I could be wrong. I'm praying for you and the boy and God will be with you to get you through this.

I had to take suboxone for pain management when a surgery of mine got infected. It was used as a combination of suboxone and oxy meds to control pain. But I think it can be used by itself for pain management. FYI

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Meditate on the precious promises in God's word

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hey welcome to CF! Nice to meet you.

I'm disabled so I understand pain.

I am curious though, for what condition are you taking suboxone and what other medicines do you take?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome dear friend, I know that you must have your hands full and this has to be very tough on you. We are all happy to have you and are excited that you have joined us here. :)
I think you will find wonderful friendships here as you fellowship with the many wonderful people at CF.

Will keep you in prayer for God's blessing and favor :wave:

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

caring 2018

Oct 8, 2018
Alachua County
✟13,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome Lorrainekat to this site. So glad you reached out here. This is a wonderful site for encouragement and feeling God's love. What are you taking suboxone for? Depression? Have you talked to your doctor about your concerns? I have been through depression as well for years. I have been taking Wellbutrin, which seems to help keep me stable. Medication alone does not heal from depression, counseling is also part of the recovery process. Usually, there is an underlying cause for depression. Something in our life we haven't dealt with. For me it was being a perfectionist and having too high expectations for myself. My best wasn't good enough, but through lots of prayer, counseling, and trusting God I have learned that doing my best is all I can do and God loves me no matter what.

You are a wonderful grandmother to be caring for your grandson. Autism is challenging, but I can tell you love your grandson very much. Here is a podcast to encourage you with your grandson. I do recommend you talk to your doctors, seek counseling, and also support groups, maybe even at your church. My prayers are with you. I know as a Christian I didn't understand how I could be going through depression, but it doesn't mean you love God any less. It is a disease, but with the right help you can feel better. I know God will be there for you and guide you to the next step with your medication. I love Jeremiah 29:11 - I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.

Please remember to continue to share. We are here for you. Lots of Hugs and Blessings!

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Lorraine;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0