✟16,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone

My name is Rick (36) and became a Christian back in early 90s. However I walked away from faith back in my early teens and lived my own way which has been very self destructive to myself and others around me.

I've been on CF roughly about a month now as wasn't sure what to post..

Basically looking to regain my faith in Jesus and to turn away from the sinful life I've been living for most of my life.

Anyway nice to meet you all and hope everyone is having a good weekend wherever your all from

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Everyone

My name is Rick (36) and became a Christian back in early 90s. However I walked away from faith back in my early teens and lived my own way which has been very self destructive to myself and others around me.

Basically looking to regain my faith in Jesus and to turn away from the sinful life I've been living for most of my life.

Anyway nice to meet you all and hope everyone is having a good weekend wherever your all from

Welcome Rick, plenty of support here, God is good.

Reactions: tef85
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello Everyone

Welcome Rick. God always will welcome a repentant sinner. So will we.

Upvote 0

tef85

Dec 24, 2021
bolton
✟16,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou everyone the welcome is appreciated.

Hi Rick, let us know how we can help you.

Not sure what help to ask for as never really asked (been used to doing it by my self).

just looking for some guidance on how to kick start my believe and faith again

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone

Hi Rick and welcome.

Plenty of info here but I would suggest as you gain new knowledge from this platform that you check it against scripture before holding on to it.

Peace be to all those in the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

tef85

Dec 24, 2021
bolton
✟16,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Rick and welcome.

Plenty of info here but I would suggest as you gain new knowledge from this platform that you check it against scripture before holding on to it.

Thankyou for the advice. I have started this week listening/reading to scripture plus sermons online, as I haven't been to church for many years and currently don't have one to attend.

Tbh I'm struggling on where to start with the bible, as the last time I picked one up. Please could you suggest where I could start? I'm currently on Genesis

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou for the advice. I have started this week listening/reading to scripture plus sermons online, as I haven't been to church for many years and currently don't have one to attend.

Tbh I'm struggling on where to start with the bible, as the last time I picked one up. Please could you suggest where I could start? I'm currently on Genesis

Thanks in advance

When I first started reading, I felt a pull from both genesis and revelation. There are many opinions on where to start. The most important thing I think, is to have a pen and paper ready or laptop and work through the Bible and write down your thoughts and questions you have.

I found proverbs and Psalms very useful at times.

I use to jump all over scripture. The reason being I was trying to decipher the meaning of words and their context but only with scripture. This was done by having a pdf Bible and putting a word in and following it, then reading everything around it. This I found to be very useful.

I believe the most important thing is to read scripture and learn to know GOD.

I hope your journey through scripture is fruitful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tef85

Dec 24, 2021
bolton
✟16,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou for that advice, I'm grateful for the reply

When I first started reading, I felt a pull from both genesis and revelation. There are many opinions on where to start. The most important thing I think, is to have a pen and paper ready or laptop and work through the Bible and write down your thoughts and questions you have.

I found proverbs and Psalms very useful at times.

This is what I was doing but not reading the scripture, watching people on YouTube like Rob Skiba (late) and other Christian theorists (if that's the right term? apologies in advance) over the past couple of year.

It's only past couple month that I've actually started getting serious about all this again

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou for that advice, I'm grateful for the reply

This is what I was doing but not reading the scripture, watching people on YouTube like Rob Skiba (late) and other Christian theorists (if that's the right term? apologies in advance) over the past couple of year.

It's only past couple month that I've actually started getting serious about all this again

Here are a few people on YouTube I find useful;

John MacArthur
Paul Washer
DTBM
Askcliffe
Living waters
Is genesis history
The Christian music is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tef85

Dec 24, 2021
bolton
✟16,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice to meet you bud.

I must admit I am a little envious, I imagine Manchester has quite a lot of churches for you to choose from and find a Godly home.

Around me it's slim pickings.

Aye there is. just haven't gone to one for years. I'm guessing your in the countryside?

Here are a few people on YouTube I find useful;

John MacArthur
Paul Washer
DTBM
Askcliffe
Living waters
Is genesis history
The Christian music is pretty good too.

Thankyou very much, I shall check these out later appreciated. I've not listened to Christian music for a long time may have to give that a try as well, slightly addicted to D&B at the moment lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tef85

Dec 24, 2021
bolton
✟16,517.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi BmJackson and thank you for the welcome. I'll be sure to have a watch/Listen to him. I was listening to a lot of Derek Prince before Christmas and Rick Warren. I've only just started back with The Bible tho only the Audio version as i have no physical copy. I been listening to it at work and on way to work

Reactions: bmjackson
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

May I suggest you check out the christianityexplored web site for churches in your part of Manchester and either sign up for any course that is running or contact the nearest church to you and start attending it.

Upvote 0