• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello from rainy old Ireland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SeraTaru, Dec 5, 2017.

1. SeraTaru

SeraTaru Member

+201
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Serataru here or as I'm really known - David.

I chose my forum name from a character I play in an online MMO.

I'm *almost* 50....but not quite. Married to a wonderful lady called Andrea.

We both live in Belfast in the North of Ireland.

I've been a Christian for many years and Andrea just about 3 years ago although she was one of those people that went to church for years, taught Sunday school, sang in the choir...the whole nine yards but didn't ever hear in her church about the need to be born again.

I've had a charismatic background although I first got saved in the brethren where my parents still both attend in their 80's. My Christian life hasn't been consistent and I've had many struggles and sins over the years...at one time I backslid so badly that I became involved in Satanism but Andrea has brought a real stabilizing influence into my life.

Sadly I have one vice left - smoking, but I'm going to try and quit over Christmas when I've a couple of weeks off work.

My personal journey has led me to question many things that a lot of people can take for granted. I've really questioned the validity of spiritual gifts over the years and reluctantly now pray in tongues...still not sure completely if it's valid today but I'm open minded.

I love God's word....I hold it in the highest regard and it's "my thing" in terms of how I feel close to God. My favourite teachers are Steven Anderson, David Pawson, Colin Urquhart and most Southern Baptist Hard Preaching! (Kind of a strange mix for a tongue speaker I know!).

For my day job I work in IT management, although I've detested it for 20 years....I just feel I'm doing the wrong thing in life but I've no clue how to change it.

But it's great to be here - I heard many bad stories on another forum about this place but I think that maybe they were an embittered bunch and so I'm looking to make this my home.

Great to be here - Blessings to you all!

Serataru / David

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+9,431
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Welcome to CF , David :wave:

Hopefully you will find us a welcoming warm crowd of folks

3. Red Economist

Red Economist Active Member Supporter

+348
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    Welcome to Christian Forums David! I hope you enjoy your time on the forums. :)

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 Grounded in His word, anchored in church history. Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,443
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Glad you decided to join us David!

5. Little Lantern

Little Lantern Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world! Supporter

+2,319
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Greetings, and welcome to CF, David. May you find godly encouragement, good fellowship, and engaging discussion here. God bless you and Andrea.

6. Sojourner1

Sojourner1 CF Advisory Team, Policy Manager Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+3,927
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to CF David :wave:

7. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+7,469
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican