• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Hello from Orange County, California

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by djchuang, Dec 15, 2016.

1. djchuang

djchuang Newbie

+4
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Hello everyone, my name is DJ Chuang and this is my introduction message for Christian Forums.

I've lived in Orange County, California, since 2007. Previous to that I was living in the metro Washington DC area, on the Maryland side. I'm married and our son is now in college, attending Biola University. I work as a freelance strategy consultant, which includes being a registry manager for get.bible, the new top-level domain for all things Bible. Yes, there are now domain names that end with a .bible extension. Most recently, the publication of the first book I've authored, is finally available in print, titled—"MultiAsian.Church: A Future for Asian Americans in a Multiethnic World."

Lately, I've been missing the "good ol' days" of message boards and discussion forums, like the ones I've found here. Now with social media being more mainstream, it's kinda hard to find good forums (or chat rooms). So it's so good to find this here, even though I may not be able to login everyday to join those conversations that are extra lively and engaging (maybe even consuming), but I hope to drop by here from time to time. :wave:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. YouAreAwesome

YouAreAwesome ☝✌

+868
    Christian
    Married
    Hello and welcome :) I'm relatively new here too. I've really enjoyed discussions. Hopefully you will as well because
    YOUAREAWESOME
    :oldthumbsup::wave::oldthumbsup::wave::oldthumbsup::wave::oldthumbsup:

3. Tigger45

Tigger45 St Francis Supporter

+7,538
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Welcome to CF DJ!

4. freezerman2000

freezerman2000 Living and dying in 3/4 time

+1,112
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Hi and welcome to CF!

5. CodyFaith

CodyFaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,057
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Hey.

Funny thing, noticed your shirt on the sidebar picture and was like "wow that's one orange shirt." then I noticed it said your from Orange County, haha.

Welcome : )

6. Hammster

Hammster Buckeye Newshawk Award Winner Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,216
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Welcome. I had the privilege of being stationed in Tustin at the old helicopter base (where the blimp hangers are). I enjoyed my time in the area. I was particularly fond of Newport Beach.

7. Anguspure

Anguspure Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ Supporter

+1,530
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    Hi DJ. Hope you enjoy your time in the foray :)

8. YouAreAwesome

YouAreAwesome ☝✌

+868
    Christian
    Married
    I thought the same thing! hahaha

9. GoingByzantine

GoingByzantine Seeking the Narrow Road Supporter

+1,033
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Welcome aboard.

Please log in when you have a chance, we would love to get to know you.

10. Imnotjokingwellnotmostly

Imnotjokingwellnotmostly Well-Known Member

+130
    Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Pleased to meet you! God bless you.

11. djchuang

djchuang Newbie

+4
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks all for the warm welcoming replies!

Yes, there is a back story to my wearing orange and living in Orange County. I did adopt it as my color after the summer of 2007 after moving from DC to OC.

Part of the story was posted at djchuang.com/2008/orange-you-the-conference-guy/ when I had an aha moment that wearing orange makes it easier to be spotted at conferences and to network with people. Since that time, I've gotten 2 orange cars (a Prius C and a Jeep Wrangler) and an assortment of other orange shirts and things. I even have an orange-covered Bible!

12. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Blessings!! Praying your time here would be awesome :)

13. Stabat Mater

Stabat Mater Jesus Christ conquers! Supporter

+6,648
    Holy See (vatican City State)
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Welcome mate :)