✟12,660.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi there everybody,

I‘ve been following different discussions on cf for a few months and finally I’ve decided to register so that I can be more active on cf now.

I‘ve been born in Austria and live now in Vienna, but my parents are from Romania. They raised me as a pentecostal (the older romanian version though = very conservative, nothing charismatic), which I am to this day. Although I find it more important to be an authentic christian, not just member of a certain denomination.

I‘m 28, married (we have two children) and looking to grow more in faith.

Thank you for letting me to be part of this great community.

Be blessed,

Manno

Last edited:

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there everybody,

I‘ve been following different discussions on cf for a few months and finally I’ve decided to register so that I can be more active on cf now.

I‘ve been born in Austria and live now in Vienna, but my parents are from Romania. They raised me as a pentecostal (the older romanian version though = very conservative, nothing charismatic), which I am to this day. Although I find it more important to be an authentic christian, not just member of a certain denomination.

Be blessed,

Manno
I lived in France when I was 5 and 6. Moved to Florida in 2012. Welcome.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there everybody,

Be blessed,

Manno
Welcome Manno.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great seeing you here mate.

i hope that you will have lots of good fellowship here and contribute to the love of Christ among us believers.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Glad to have you here!
They raised me as a pentecostal (the older romanian version though = very conservative, nothing charismatic)
I didn’t know one could be Pentecostal without being charismatic. What distinguishes Romanian Pentecostalism from, say, a Baptist?

Upvote 0

JesusTheMessiah

Anytime Rapture, Futurist, Dispensationalist
Sep 28, 2021
Vienna
✟12,660.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Glad to have you here!
I didn’t know one could be Pentecostal without being charismatic. What distinguishes Romanian Pentecostalism from, say, a Baptist?

Well, for a baptist/lutheran/… any pentecostal would be charismatic because we tend to express ourself more vividly :)
What I meant initially is, that in most of romanian pentecostal churches you
won‘t find any jumping, falling on the back, going around during worship time,… or any of this things that would be considered as charismatic.

Basically there’s one big thing that distinguishes between romanian pentecostals and baptists during worship - the prayers with the congregation. In most of romanian pentecostal churches everyone prays at once, while baptists pray one by one (of course there are exceptions on each side).

Besides that there‘s almost no difference between them (except for some theological teachings regarding the Holy Spirit obviously). This might be influenced by the fact, that the first pentecostals in Romania were former baptists back in the 1920s.

Be blessed,
Manno

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Manno, welcome to CF.
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 303894

05c8192c72896f3ad2fb960453b32d0a.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, for a baptist/lutheran/… any pentecostal would be charismatic because we tend to express ourself more vividly :)
What I meant initially is, that in most of romanian pentecostal churches you
won‘t find any jumping, falling on the back, going around during worship time,… or any of this things that would be considered as charismatic.

Basically there’s one big thing that distinguishes between romanian pentecostals and baptists during worship - the prayers with the congregation. In most of romanian pentecostal churches everyone prays at once, while baptists pray one by one (of course there are exceptions on each side).

Besides that there‘s almost no difference between them (except for some theological teachings regarding the Holy Spirit obviously). This might be influenced by the fact, that the first pentecostals in Romania were former baptists back in the 1920s.

Be blessed,
Manno

Thanks for the history lesson.
One of your statement struck me as odd,"everyone prays at once". Is that chaotic with verbal prayers or are they silent prayers all at once?

Upvote 0

JesusTheMessiah

Anytime Rapture, Futurist, Dispensationalist
Sep 28, 2021
Vienna
✟12,660.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the history lesson.
One of your statement struck me as odd,"everyone prays at once". Is that chaotic with verbal prayers or are they silent prayers all at once?

I suppose for believers unused with this form of prayer it can be chaotic, because everyone prays verbally. In bigger congregations you won‘t hear any particular prayer but a loud noise, like a buzzing. Also there‘s an interesting effect of „swarm behavior“, because when most of people finish their prayer it gets quieter and quieter until everyone stops. So there‘s no need for somebody to interrupt, because it stops „automatically“ after a few minutes and then you can move along to the next prayer, song, sermon, etc.

Be blessed,
Manno

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I suppose for believers unused with this form of prayer it can be chaotic, because everyone prays verbally. In bigger congregations you won‘t hear any particular prayer but a loud noise, like a buzzing. Also there‘s an interesting effect of „swarm behavior“, because when most of people finish their prayer it gets quieter and quieter until everyone stops. So there‘s no need for somebody to interrupt, because it stops „automatically“ after a few minutes and then you can move along to the next prayer, song, sermon, etc.

Be blessed,
Manno

thanks for the clarification, gaining knowledge is what it all about

God Bless

Upvote 0