Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have such terrible insomnia, it’s 9:50ish in the morning and I’m just so tired. I cannot fall asleep at a decent hour. It’s about 2am when I’m able to rally asleep. I find that reading my Bible can help me relax and finally decompress myself. I also can never find a comfy position and it leads to tossing and turning to tossing and turning agh , it’s annoying. Anyways I’m praying for all of my insomniac twins out there. May the Lords peace grant you a sweet sleep. God doesn’t sleep and He watches over His people, so we may have sweet slumber.
Proverbs 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Saricharity

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have such terrible insomnia, it’s 9:50ish in the morning and I’m just so tired. I cannot fall asleep at a decent hour. It’s about 2am when I’m able to rally asleep. I find that reading my Bible can help me relax and finally decompress myself. I also can never find a comfy position and it leads to tossing and turning to tossing and turning agh , it’s annoying. Anyways I’m praying for all of my insomniac twins out there. May the Lords peace grant you a sweet sleep. God doesn’t sleep and He watches over His people, so we may have sweet slumber.

I've always wanted to have a twin. :)

When I created my profile page here I described myself as an insomniac poet because most of my poems and songs have been written between midnight and dawn when my body has resisted sleep. This is when the majority of my posts on this forum have been written. Social media tends to draw me in, inciting me to remain, and therefore intensifying rather than relieving insomnia. I find it helpful to disconnect from my day in some way, such as by putting my focus on writing a post here. I've constructed enormous walls of text, haha, and in the process decompressed.

I also journal late at night but instead of chronicling my day I just write whatever I'm thinking of at the moment. I visualize it as scooping out all the thoughts swimming in my mind that are like a sea of goldfish in a too-small jar and releasing them.

I could have written your precise post yesterday; it expressed how I felt verbatim. It's after 1:30 in the morning now, and I hope to not feel the same way tomorrow. I'm actually here to power down my brain. At least tonight I'm struggling to sleep because I always feel a bit hyper with the whole weekend ahead of me, rather than not sleeping last night due to anxiety about a major test (that went very well!, so I'm relieved).

Are you living in a dorm? Most beds in dorms are uncomfortable, though there are ways to make them a bit less so such a mattress toppers or memory foam, nice sheets, and a pillow ideal for the type of sleeper you are. I use one specifically for side sleepers, and put a small pillow in between my bony knees. I also used a weighted blanket. It sounds odd, but it's very soothing and relaxing; it feels like being hugged all night. I also find white noise to be helpful. You can get inexpensive sound machines, or use an air purifier, fan, or something similar to create just enough noise to block out sounds from outside without being loud enough to disturb you. It can really help to pull you into sleep. Tranquil aromas such as lavender can be lulling for me as well.

Oh, and serene music that becomes like a lullaby:

:tulip: I hope you can have sweet dreams tonight.

Upvote 0

Annalafrenchy7

Dec 27, 2018
Paris
✟33,345.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always wanted to have a twin. :)

When I created my profile page here I described myself as an insomniac poet because most of my poems and songs have been written between midnight and dawn when my body has resisted sleep. This is when the majority of my posts on this forum have been written. Social media tends to draw me in, inciting me to remain, and therefore intensifying rather than relieving insomnia. I find it helpful to disconnect from my day in some way, such as by putting my focus on writing a post here. I've constructed enormous walls of text, haha, and in the process decompressed.

I also journal late at night but instead of chronicling my day I just write whatever I'm thinking of at the moment. I visualize it as scooping out all the thoughts swimming in my mind that are like a sea of goldfish in a too-small jar and releasing them.

I could have written your precise post yesterday; it expressed how I felt verbatim. It's after 1:30 in the morning now, and I hope to not feel the same way tomorrow. I'm actually here to power down my brain. At least tonight I'm struggling to sleep because I always feel a bit hyper with the whole weekend ahead of me, rather than not sleeping last night due to anxiety about a major test (that went very well!, so I'm relieved).

Are you living in a dorm? Most beds in dorms are uncomfortable, though there are ways to make them a bit less so such a mattress toppers or memory foam, nice sheets, and a pillow ideal for the type of sleeper you are. I use one specifically for side sleepers, and put a small pillow in between my bony knees. I also used a weighted blanket. It sounds odd, but it's very soothing and relaxing; it feels like being hugged all night. I also find white noise to be helpful. You can get inexpensive sound machines, or use an air purifier, fan, or something similar to create just enough noise to block out sounds from outside without being loud enough to disturb you. It can really help to pull you into sleep. Tranquil aromas such as lavender can be lulling for me as well.

Oh, and serene music that becomes like a lullaby:

:tulip: I hope you can have sweet dreams tonight.
Yay my long lost twin( I’ve always wanted a twin too) ❤️ I am so touched by your message thank you for messaging me. I am sorry to hear you have dealt with insomnia, I journal a lot as well and take the same approach of writing whatever I’m thinking. You can PM me anytime! I’m here is you ever need someone to talk to. Yes I am living in a dorm, my bed is pretty comfy I have just always been the tossing turning type since I was a kid. I totally know what you mean about social media, that’s why I don’t have any accounts on insta, Facebook, snap chat, Twitter, any of those. It is just so addicting. That’s a good idea about the blanket I’ll try that. I’ve heard a lot about the white noise , I never looked into it I definitely will. That was a very pretty song. Thank you for your lovely message. Congrats on your test, I’m excited for this weekend as well, I’m going shopping with my sister.
I watched a video clip of a re-enactment when Jesus walked on water and called Peter out of the boat and he was doing fine until he doubted. It brought me to tears because I realize my insomnia stems from worrying something will happen to me while I sleep when I should trust God. That really helped me fall asleep.
Love,
Your twin from France

• Friendly
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0