1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello everyone,

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ChildofGod001, Jun 23, 2022.

1. ChildofGod001

ChildofGod001 New Member

+4
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hello, I am new here and I hope you are all doing great. I am glad to be a part of this community and in joining different communities I hope I get to learn and share from the rest.

I was born in a Christian family and all my life the only religion I've ever known is Christianity. I am engaged to a Muslim and I'm told to convert before I can be allowed to marry him else if we get married I am to convert.
    I don't want to convert and I don't want to leave my fiancée either, I'm at crossroads and I'm hoping a few pieces of advice here and there may go a long way.

• Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+43,599
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    Hello @ChildofGod001, WELCOME TO CF :wave: I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :)

That said, you have come here at a difficult crossroads indeed because, as I'm sure you are aware, Christians are commanded to marry other Christians for several very important reasons (and we must never convert to a different faith, of course).

Having an intimate relationship with an unbeliever can quickly turn into something that is a hindrance to your walk with Christ. If you marry an unbeliever, how will the two of you cultivate a spiritual intimacy in your marriage, and how can a quality marriage be built and maintained if you disagree on the most crucial issue in the universe—the Lord Jesus Christ?

Perhaps @Hazelelponi can offer you some helpful advice as she has already done what you are now considering doing.

Praying for you!!

--David

2 Corinthians 6
    14 Do not be bound together/unequally yoked with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
    15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+7,862
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to the forum.

I have found that God does the deepest work in us in the area of relationships.

Having a spiritual unity in marriage is critical.

Having an equal yoke in marriage is critical.

What is your church saying about it ???

Do you know what the bible says about it ?

God will not guide you to do something the bible prohibits.

Can you pray about it with Church leaders ?

4. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+3,807
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    You make a huge mistake.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Leaf473

Leaf473 Well-Known Member

+1,131
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi and welcome to CF!

Does your fiance attend to church with you? Have you attended a mosque with him? Where will you be married?

6. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,735
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Islam is a cruel religion. Better to remain single than to become the slave of a cruel master.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+48,287
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Welcome!

8. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+10,283
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Welcome to the forums - I hope you will be blessed here.

9. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,658
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I wouldn't convert to a religion for a man.

First of all, myself being a convert from Islam to Christianity all I can say is that it's wrong on every core level there is. If you believe in even the possibility of God then don't convert - half hearted or not.

Second, the spirit that is over the man will be over your household. There is a reason Muslim women cannot marry Christian men but Muslim men can marry their women - and it's spiritual first. You being from a Christian house don't want an unholy spirit over your own house, and over your children, and over you.

I cannot stress enough that if this man is refusing to marry you without your conversion to Islam then you will end up finding yourself in a very bad place down the road that you will be lucky to escape from. Any kind of mixed faith marriage is hell and exceedingly unwise, but a man demanding you convert? This marriage will not go well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+12,171
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome to C F.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Joined2krist

Joined2krist Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,900
    Catholic
    Single
    Hi, i pray you listen to the advice people have posted here. Welcome! :)

12. HIM

HIM Friend CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,028
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Hi there! Quite the dilemma you have there. What does the Word of God say?