Houston
✟15,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I am new here and I hope you are all doing great. I am glad to be a part of this community and in joining different communities I hope I get to learn and share from the rest.

I was born in a Christian family and all my life the only religion I've ever known is Christianity. I am engaged to a Muslim and I'm told to convert before I can be allowed to marry him else if we get married I am to convert.
I don't want to convert and I don't want to leave my fiancée either, I'm at crossroads and I'm hoping a few pieces of advice here and there may go a long way.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @ChildofGod001, WELCOME TO CF :wave: I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :)

That said, you have come here at a difficult crossroads indeed because, as I'm sure you are aware, Christians are commanded to marry other Christians for several very important reasons (and we must never convert to a different faith, of course).

Having an intimate relationship with an unbeliever can quickly turn into something that is a hindrance to your walk with Christ. If you marry an unbeliever, how will the two of you cultivate a spiritual intimacy in your marriage, and how can a quality marriage be built and maintained if you disagree on the most crucial issue in the universe—the Lord Jesus Christ?

Perhaps @Hazelelponi can offer you some helpful advice as she has already done what you are now considering doing.

Praying for you!!

--David

2 Corinthians 6
14 Do not be bound together/unequally yoked with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am new here and I hope you are all doing great. I am glad to be a part of this community and in joining different communities I hope I get to learn and share from the rest.

I was born in a Christian family and all my life the only religion I've ever known is Christianity. I am engaged to a Muslim and I'm told to convert before I can be allowed to marry him else if we get married I am to convert.
I don't want to convert and I don't want to leave my fiancée either, I'm at crossroads and I'm hoping a few pieces of advice here and there may go a long way.

Welcome to the forum.

I have found that God does the deepest work in us in the area of relationships.

Having a spiritual unity in marriage is critical.

Having an equal yoke in marriage is critical.

What is your church saying about it ???

Do you know what the bible says about it ?

God will not guide you to do something the bible prohibits.

Can you pray about it with Church leaders ?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟178,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi and welcome to CF!

Does your fiance attend to church with you? Have you attended a mosque with him? Where will you be married?

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Islam is a cruel religion. Better to remain single than to become the slave of a cruel master.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I wouldn't convert to a religion for a man.

First of all, myself being a convert from Islam to Christianity all I can say is that it's wrong on every core level there is. If you believe in even the possibility of God then don't convert - half hearted or not.

Second, the spirit that is over the man will be over your household. There is a reason Muslim women cannot marry Christian men but Muslim men can marry their women - and it's spiritual first. You being from a Christian house don't want an unholy spirit over your own house, and over your children, and over you.

I cannot stress enough that if this man is refusing to marry you without your conversion to Islam then you will end up finding yourself in a very bad place down the road that you will be lucky to escape from. Any kind of mixed faith marriage is hell and exceedingly unwise, but a man demanding you convert? This marriage will not go well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟344,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi there! Quite the dilemma you have there. What does the Word of God say?

Upvote 0

Andrew.H

Mar 30, 2022
Rome
✟33,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced

Welcome

It's unfortunate that you've found yourself in a difficult situation. I have a few Muslim female friends that have been trying to flee the Muslim world. One was seriously contemplating trafficking herself so that she could get away from the violence of her own family. Even if you don't "have to" convert, you will be living under a Muslim household rule and your kids will too.

I dislike the idea of meddling in other people's affairs, but I deeply suggest you do not get involved with a Muslim. God is not pushing you into such a "marriage".

Go watch David Wood or Sam Shamoun to get some sample cases. You can also look through the essays on this site:
Answering Islam, A Christian-Muslim Dialog and Apologetic

Here's an essay worth reading on the faith of your fiance:
Muhammad's Marriage to a Prepubescent Girl and its Moral Implications

Upvote 0

James Watson

May 12, 2022
Florida
✟35,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

As a pastor I would encourage you to not marry a Muslim or any non-Christian, but to obey the biblical teaching to only marry a Christian (2 Cor.6:14; 1 Cor.9:5, 7:39). As someone who has done a lot of marriage counseling in 50 years, the requirement that you marry a Christian is just an entry level, basic profile of the one God wants you to marry. Other considerations beyond that involve concerns like communication, compatibility, theological views, etc. I have a video on YouTube that deals with how to find the one God has for you to marry. A concern I have for you beyond all I have mentioned above is whether you are truly a Christian. A true Christian is someone who has repented of their sins and put faith in Christ as Savior and Lord by grace, with works as the evidence of faith, believing Jesus is God and man, the only way to be saved. A true Christian should not even consider marrying a non-Christian. So I would encourage you to really see if you have become a Christian and are making Christ Lord of your life (Mt.7:21-27). Let me know if I can help. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums