Tuguegarao
✟8,476.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm Teresa from the Philippines. I'm thankful to be here. Currently I'm in the season of isolation. I backslide in the past now, I am returning to the faith. Is there anyone here who experience the same? How did you return to God?

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm Teresa from the Philippines. I'm thankful to be here. Currently I'm in the season of isolation. I backslide in the past now, I am returning to the faith. Is there anyone here who experience the same? How did you return to God?
Hi Teresa,
Welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place for fellowship with other Christians,
How to return to God, read this verse and thank him from the bottom of your heart that you are forgiven. God loves you so much
John 3:16
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

John-3-16-For-God-So-loved-the-World.jpg

wpid-wp-1401543875873.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tere

Dec 12, 2019
Tuguegarao
✟8,476.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Teresa,
Welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place for fellowship with other Christians,
How to return to God, read this verse and thank him from the bottom of your heart that you are forgiven. God loves you so much
John 3:16
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

John-3-16-For-God-So-loved-the-World.jpg

wpid-wp-1401543875873.jpeg
Thank you for your warm welcome musicalpilgrim! Yes! for those who believe He gave the right to become children of God. Thank you for this :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Hi Teresa and welcome!

I certainly did backslide. For years. I say backslide because I never stopped believing, but I wasn’t obeying nor was I walking with the Lord.

I trusted myself, I had a job which gave me enormous power and responsibilities and I relied on my own efforts rather than relying on God. I also drank too much and engaged in many sinful behaviors.

Finally, God had enough of my behavior. He called me back through severe humiliation and I almost (certainly should have) lost everything: Every penny. My family. My job.

After a couple of years of complete surrender to God’s will, I was restored. In fact, I’m in a better position in all areas of my life than before: spiritual, health, family, financial, because I gave it all to God and take no credit for any of it.

You look fairly young. That’s great! You’ll have many more years of peace and love as you walk with God.

It doesn’t matter what happened in the past, you’re all his now!

Upvote 0

Tere

Dec 12, 2019
Tuguegarao
✟8,476.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Teresa and welcome!

I certainly did backslide. For years. I say backslide because I never stopped believing, but I wasn’t obeying nor was I walking with the Lord.

I trusted myself, I had a job which gave me enormous power and responsibilities and I relied on my own efforts rather than relying on God. I also drank too much and engaged in many sinful behaviors.

Finally, God had enough of my behavior. He called me back through severe humiliation and I almost (certainly should have) lost everything: Every penny. My family. My job.

After a couple of years of complete surrender to God’s will, I was restored. In fact, I’m in a better position in all areas of my life than before: spiritual, health, family, financial, because I gave it all to God and take no credit for any of it.

You look fairly young. That’s great! You’ll have many more years of peace and love as you walk with God.

It doesn’t matter what happened in the past, you’re all his now!
Yes brother I also experience severe humiliation. And yes I lose everything: my friends, my happy and content life at home. Now, I have to live alone depending on God's healing, restoration and providence. Things are working fine as time goes by. God is good and God is faithful. All glory belongs to Him. Thank you for sharing your story. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF, Tere! May the Lord continue to be gracious to you, as you now walk in fellowship with Him, in the light. May the Holy Spirit empower you to have victory over sin as you turn from it. May the Lord use you to restore & reconcile relationships for any harm that may have been done in the past or any restitution you may need to do.

Some helpful Scriptures to me that might encourage you.

Proverbs 28:13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses & forsakes them will obtain mercy.

I John 1:3-10 That which we have seen & heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us & indeed our fellowship is with the Father & with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things to you so that your joy may be complete.

5This is the message we have heard from Him & proclaim to you, that God is light & in Him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie & do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another & the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves & the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I John 2:1-6 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. But if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins & not for ours only but also for the whole world.

3Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him” but does not keep His commandments, is a liar & the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Psalm 32:1-11
A Psalm of David. A [a]Contemplation.
1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
2Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not https://biblehub.com/nkjv/psalms/32.htm#footnotesimpute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

3When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
4For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
5I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

6For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
7You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

8I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
9Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.

10Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.
11Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

Revelation 2:3ff ...You have persevered &have patience & have labored for My name’s sake & have not become weary. Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent & perform the deeds you did at first...

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”

2 Peter 1:1-12 His divine power has given us everything we need for life & godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory & excellence.

4Through these He has given us His precious & magnificent PROMISES, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5For this very reason, MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ADD to your faith, virtue & to virtue, knowledge & to knowledge, self-control & to self-control, perseverance & to perseverance, godliness & to godliness, brotherly kindness & to brotherly kindness, love.

8For if you possess these qualities & continue to grow in them, they will keep you from being ineffective & unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever lacks these traits is nearsighted to the point of blindness, having forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling & election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble & you will receive a lavish reception into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Therefore, I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them & are established in the truth you now have.

Upvote 0

pink318

Mar 23, 2018
Riverside
✟13,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Teresa,

Welcome to the forum! I have a friend who used to backslide, her parents persistently prayed for her until she returned to God. Now that friend of mine is a Pastor’s wife and she loves the Lord. I thank God that you responded to God’s call to return to Him. The Lord loves you and He does not want you to be separated from Him and from your christian family. Continue to seek Him everyday through your devotion and prayer. Worship Jesus with fellow believers in the church and bible study.

“Some people have given up the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.” Hebrews 10:25

Attend life group and church, it will help you not to feel alone. Try not to isolate yourself because you have church’s family who loves you and happy to see you grow in the Lord. Talk to your Pastor and ask for someone to disciple you. Thank you for reaching out. I hope to hear from you again, God bless you.

Upvote 0

Tere

Dec 12, 2019
Tuguegarao
✟8,476.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF, Tere! May the Lord continue to be gracious to you, as you now walk in fellowship with Him, in the light. May the Holy Spirit empower you to have victory over sin as you turn from it. May the Lord use you to restore & reconcile relationships for any harm that may have been done in the past or any restitution you may need to do.

Some helpful Scriptures to me that might encourage you.

Proverbs 28:13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses & forsakes them will obtain mercy.

I John 1:3-10 That which we have seen & heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us & indeed our fellowship is with the Father & with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things to you so that your joy may be complete.

5This is the message we have heard from Him & proclaim to you, that God is light & in Him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie & do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another & the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves & the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I John 2:1-6 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. But if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins & not for ours only but also for the whole world.

3Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him” but does not keep His commandments, is a liar & the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Psalm 32:1-11
A Psalm of David. A [a]Contemplation.
1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
2Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

3When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
4For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
5I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

6For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
7You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah

8I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
9Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.

10Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.
11Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

Revelation 2:3ff ...You have persevered &have patience & have labored for My name’s sake & have not become weary. Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent & perform the deeds you did at first...

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”

2 Peter 1:1-12 His divine power has given us everything we need for life & godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory & excellence.

4Through these He has given us His precious & magnificent PROMISES, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5For this very reason, MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ADD to your faith, virtue & to virtue, knowledge & to knowledge, self-control & to self-control, perseverance & to perseverance, godliness & to godliness, brotherly kindness & to brotherly kindness, love.

8For if you possess these qualities & continue to grow in them, they will keep you from being ineffective & unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever lacks these traits is nearsighted to the point of blindness, having forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling & election sure. For if you practice these things you will never stumble & you will receive a lavish reception into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Therefore, I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them & are established in the truth you now have.

Thank you sir! More blessings to your ministry. I will sure take down these Bible verses. During my hard days I encountered these Bible verses especially Psalm 32. This reminds me of God's grace unto me in that most intense and heartbreaking days of my life.

And in the past few days, I encountered 2 Peter 1:1-12 I received this verse from my brother in Japan. I tried to study the chapter but then I stop and focus on other things but today, I received this chapter again from you. I believe I have to take this Bible verse to heart. Thank you brother. God bless you!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Tere

Dec 12, 2019
Tuguegarao
✟8,476.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Teresa,

Welcome to the forum! I have a friend who used to backslide, her parents persistently prayed for her until she returned to God. Now that friend of mine is a Pastor’s wife and she loves the Lord. I thank God that you responded to God’s call to return to Him. The Lord loves you and He does not want you to be separated from Him and from your christian family. Continue to seek Him everyday through your devotion and prayer. Worship Jesus with fellow believers in the church and bible study.

“Some people have given up the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer.” Hebrews 10:25

Attend life group and church, it will help you not to feel alone. Try not to isolate yourself because you have church’s family who loves you and happy to see you grow in the Lord. Talk to your Pastor and ask for someone to disciple you. Thank you for reaching out. I hope to hear from you again, God bless you.

Thank you sister! I am planning to attend church and fellowship with my brothers and sisters. Hopefully on Sunday. I have found a church near my place. God bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tere

Dec 12, 2019
Tuguegarao
✟8,476.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Teresa!

Keep in mind Christ is perfect but the rest of us fall short of the glory of God.

Thank you Tigger45! If we confess our sins, He is just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is a little different, and there are so many ways I think, but for me (and many!) the most key thing was to remember or hear or read the things Jesus Christ said.

In the 4 gospel accounts.

To actually go back and read things I'd vaguely heard some of, but to get them exactly as He said them, new.

:)

Boom! It was -- surprise and delight. Something gripped my soul.

I knew I was listening to Someone Who really knows things.

Not just another 'wise man' , but Something more.

My intellect still was thinking....hmmm...could that be true? Those thoughts were still there. And I tested things He said to do. I started with "Love your neighbor as yourself" and literally tested it, in person, with my actual next door neighbors.

And from that, gradually, my intellect began to learn first hand what my soul or heart had already sensed.

So, you see, for a time I both believed and wasn't sure, both at once. But doing as He said to do -- that's a world changing thing.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, Tere! God bless you, and it's great to have you here! Everyone, I think, goes through periods of knowing they are struggling and sliding. Confess your sins, and rely on the mercy of Christ to heal you, and move you forward.

I don't know if you are a Catholic Christian, but the Divine Mercy Chaplet has been a huge help to me.

Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Upvote 0