2GrowNfaith

May 11, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everybody!

I have not been on in a long time, but on Easter Vigil I was received into the Holy Roman Catholic Church praise God! Please keep me in your prayers and God Bless!
I've been a Catholic since I converted to it about 20 years ago. Welcome to the family. May God bless you.

Upvote 0

2GrowNfaith

May 11, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both, would it be proper to identify as Roman Catholic as my priest mentioned?
Catholic or "Roman Catholic" are both OK use. "Roman Catholic" is used more informally or on occasions when the Pope is having a dialog with Anglicans. They will only accept dialog on the terms that the Catholic Church be called "Roman Catholic". It drives Anglicans crazy when we just say "I'm Catholic" because at the times when they don't want to consider themselves Protestants they want to believe that they are Catholic. Technically there's nothing wrong with the Church calling herself "Roman Catholic", and that's why the Pope has done this as a way of offering an olive branch for the specific purpose of having a dialog with the Anglicans. But whether the Anglicans like it or not, "Catholic" is the official title of the Church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RomanRite

Roman Catholic - FSSP
Jun 2, 2012
✟15,922.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Catholic or "Roman Catholic" are both OK use. "Roman Catholic" is used more informally or on occasions when the Pope is having a dialog with Anglicans (they will only accept dialog on the terms that the Catholic Church be called "Roman Catholic"). It drives Anglicans crazy when we just say "I'm Catholic". But whether the Anglicans like it or not, "Catholic" is the official title of the Church.

Ah okay I noticed that!

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Love me or Hate me, You'll never forget me...
Apr 20, 2013
The Hearts of My Loved Ones
✟138,312.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi RomanRite, I just came in April 20, so I'm less than a month old here...nice to meet you...

Congratz on being in the Catholic Church...I'm workin' on that myself...rather, will be...bet it's a great feeling...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,899.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everybody!

I have not been on in a long time, but on Easter Vigil I was received into the Holy Roman Catholic Church praise God! Please keep me in your prayers and God Bless!

Many congratulations and God bless...:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums