Hello everyone. I am here to get some support and give support as a christian Husband and father

Jun 1, 2020
the south
✟7,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,
Just introducing myself to the forums here. I am specifically inclined to get some outside opinions from both married men and women. I'm trying to improve/save my marriage and have come to an impass. I want to honestly find out if I am not looking at things correctly ...so I can correct myself.. Or if something else is going on here.

If I can be directed to the forums that people are active and give Godly insights on marriage from experience I would greatly appreciate it.

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Husbandreallytrying,

The advice you will get for marriage on these forums is conflicting and all over the place. A resource that **REALLY** helped me at a time my marriage was in great distress is marriagebuilders.com. That site has a free forum which provided in depth, step by step help as a ministry, and can engage both spouses in the process.

Here is the foum link:
Discussion Forum (Marriage Builders®)

There are some great resources on that site. My husband and I follow this plan for our marriage and we have the most wonderful, amazing marriage I could have ever dared to dream of. I have studied the methods and advice on that site as to almost be as expert as the site itself, and it has paid off many wonderful dividends.

It's a great resource for men since it offers a formulaic action plan. Do this for that result. But the plan is amazing, and it works. It's as a result of studying what works in 10,000's of marriages and distilling that down to the common elements that create happy marriages.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
Jun 1, 2020
the south
✟7,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Husbandreallytrying,

The advice you will get for marriage on these forums is conflicting and all over the place. A resource that **REALLY** helped me at a time my marriage was in great distress is marriagebuilders.com. That site has a free forum which provided in depth, step by step help as a ministry, and can engage both spouses in the process.

Here is the foum link:
Discussion Forum (Marriage Builders®)

There are some great resources on that site. My husband and I follow this plan for our marriage and we have the most wonderful, amazing marriage I could have ever dared to dream of. I have studied the methods and advice on that site as to almost be as expert as the site itself, and it has paid off many wonderful dividends.

It's a great resource for men since it offers a formulaic action plan. Do this for that result. But the plan is amazing, and it works. It's as a result of studying what works in 10,000's of marriages and distilling that down to the common elements that create happy marriages.

WOW!!! Thank you so much. I will definitely check this out. This info alone makes signing up here worth the few minutes I did. Im desperate. I need God to give me holy spirit inspired insight on what Im doing wrong. Cause NOTHING Ive tried has worked so far. And instead of pointing fingers at her.....although I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to and feel justified to.... the buck stops with me as the husband.

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW!!! Thank you so much. I will definitely check this out. This info alone makes signing up here worth the few minutes I did. Im desperate. I need God to give me holy spirit inspired insight on what Im doing wrong. Cause NOTHING Ive tried has worked so far. And instead of pointing fingers at her.....although I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to and feel justified to.... the buck stops with me as the husband.

You are so welcome.

Sometimes the buck does stop with you. But it doesn't always take 2 people to tangle in spite of the conventional wisdom.

That site will help you walk through what you are doing (or not doing), and if that doesn't help correct the ship you may need to hold your wife accountable for some of her actions. That site will show you how do to that productively and caringly. Both of you have to be willing to engage in a mutual relationship of extraordinary care in order for a marriage to work.

Upvote 0
Jun 1, 2020
the south
✟7,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are so welcome.

Sometimes the buck does stop with you. But it doesn't always take 2 people to tangle in spite of the conventional wisdom.

That site will help you walk through what you are doing (or not doing), and if that doesn't help correct the ship you may need to hold your wife accountable for some of her actions. That site will show you how do to that productively and caringly. Both of you have to be willing to engage in a mutual relationship of extraordinary care in order for a marriage to work.

Yeah I need that..because holding her accountable to anything only blows back in my face. No matter how lovingly Ive tried. But Im hoping for a different approach I can use. With a healthy dose of humility and not giving back to her the verbal and emotional abuse she is dishing out.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Husband,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

325197_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello Husband,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

325197_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

Whoa, that just came out wrong...I hope. I thought you said the OP is your actual husband!

I have since seen your single status...and that you are male...

:doh:

Upvote 0