Hello Everybody - Regarding Scripture - what do you think about this?

Michael S Surrarrer

Jun 15, 2020
Phoenix
✟8,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
First of all, I want to say hello and God bless all of you. I study scripture and language extensively and I wanted to show you guys and gals something. I was a computer programmer in the Air Force in intelligence and I got a knack for symbology and logic. Try to have an open mind and just let me know what you think please. I want to know the soundness of this because to me it is like the coolest thing ever and really integrates Christianity into everything in a greater way for me...Ok, so here we go, this is just a sample but I want to show you what I came up with for letters and the meaning of their symbols because it has opened up some cool things.

"In the divine image created He Him, male and female created He them." - King James version
I noticed that in the old English fonts, the H looks like two Is tied together and for the sake of what I am doing, I am saying that the lower case i of the Him is an i that proceeds from two Is tied together, like maybe some divine child born from two people getting married. maybe the Holy Spirit of Holy Matrimony's person or something. Maybe we can get married and then in the spirit of Mary, conceive of the God by having a joint conception of spiritual understanding and belief, such that your spirit becomes one and that i from the Him is maybe that being?

image - Looks like there is an adam and an eve (the a and e), with a common god between them (the g), married (the m) two an i (the i of the Him).

ate - adam and eve with a common tree between them that they....ate from.

G - looks like the C and J of Christ Jesus put together, pretty cute letter, also the 7th one of the alphabet.

state - the serpent, adam and eve with two trees in the center of the garden...hah hah..

Anyways, I just wanted to share some interesting things I noticed, I really have thousands more but I don't want to mess up anyone's head...lol, have a nice night and nice to meet everyone. The military is huge on acronyms, that is where I get this fascination from.

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, having an open mind is something I admire. Unfortunately (and maybe I'm misunderstanding - wouldn't be the first time, at all) it seems a stretch to see these things in the KJV. I personally love the language and poetry, etc of the KJV. It seems tho' that the Lord wouldn't wait 1500 years to make images/acronyms available to us. It's certainly interesting tho'. Thank you for sharing. (That must have been a fascinating job you had.)

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I am honest I must say that I believe you are trying to see something that just is not there. The font used and typeset is because of the letters available and in use at the time, and the technology of printing available, as well as archaic spelling of the language.

Some double letters are just how things were written then, such as combined "F H", "C T",. "S T", they are called Eth ligatures. Both type and hand written tended to use these.

Some letters just are not used any longer, such as æ. The lack of a "u" letter and archaic spellings ("haue" instead of "have", "remooue" instead of "remove" for example) contribute to a fascinating literary treasure - but we need to be careful to not give it more mystique and read into it more than it deserves.

I believe it is an incredible achievement and speaks for its time, but it should not be elevated to an oracle. The scripture speaks to itself, adding out these peculiarities of the time of the translation are not really necessary to explain the story of Salvation, but could lead one to conclusions that the text were never meant to imply.

Upvote 0

faith confidence hope

Aug 15, 2019
Helena
✟4,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With all of the words that look cool and tied together in harmony with the English alphabet corresponding with other cool and harmonious letters and words.

I wonder about how it would match up with negative things we could find using this coincidental method ?

Perhaps, focusing on the positive will lead us to the right path.

Upvote 0