Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Not really tried CF before but thought would give it a go. Had problems with OCD for 20 odd years and took medication-which I think has made the problem worse and has changed me. I was reluctant to share stuff as I may regret it later and also feeling guilt already if I don't reciprocate future communications etc. May try and start some discussion in the OCD section about SSRI antidepressants and the long term worse outcomes reported by CEPUK: Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry. May be good to speak to people who've had similar experience.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome Chaz and take relief in knowing there are many just like you here friend. We here at CF are mostly an all loving and supporting tree of support [with a few nuts too lol] We are so glad to have you and may God bless you richly here :] :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Not really tried CF before but thought would give it a go. Had problems with OCD for 20 odd years and took medication-which I think has made the problem worse and has changed me. I was reluctant to share stuff as I may regret it later and also feeling guilt already if I don't reciprocate future communications etc. May try and start some discussion in the OCD section about SSRI antidepressants and the long term worse outcomes reported by CEPUK: Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry. May be good to speak to people who've had similar experience.
Welcome to Christian Forums, Chaz1268.

Reactions: chaz1268
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BlkBoard-Welcome.gif
Yes, the drug companies even admit those drugs don't help most people and cause problems! Stats show a good 6 months of talk therapy vs 6 mo of drugs and talk therapy does more good. Welcome

Upvote 0

Saul100Paul

Mar 17, 2018
London
✟10,471.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome. The best advice I can give you, is surrender to God. This is his work not yours. OCD is probably a lot of thinking but once it is cracked, you will have learned the art of trusting God. OCD will be a blessing as it is going to be used to develop your relationship with God.

Bless you.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums