Gardner
✟15,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm new here. My name is Bryan Bridges II. I am an American. Anglo/Franco (Yes, that stuff matters to me; I'm not racist I promise). I live in the State of Louisiana. I was raised Pentecostal and had a proud Pentecostal heritage until the Lord saved me. I remained a Pentecostal until the Lord directed me to a Calvinist named James White. I was extremely offended by the man, so I set off to prove his doctrines wrong. But, after two years of failure, I have ceded defeat and become a Calvinist. Not sure where to go from here. If anyone has advice for a letter I am writing to a North Korean Christian I will be glad to receive it.
Hi.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm new here. My name is Bryan Bridges II. I am an American. Anglo/Franco (Yes, that stuff matters to me; I'm not racist I promise). I live in the State of Louisiana. I was raised Pentecostal and had a proud Pentecostal heritage until the Lord saved me. I remained a Pentecostal until the Lord directed me to a Calvinist named James White. I was extremely offended by the man, so I set off to prove his doctrines wrong. But, after two years of failure, I have ceded defeat and become a Calvinist. Not sure where to go from here. If anyone has advice for a letter I am writing to a North Korean Christian I will be glad to receive it.
Hi.
Hi; good to see you; God bless His Word to you. James White has written some sound material; one of his books is The Forgotten Trinity.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WELCOME! I personally find that in discussing spiritual matters one needs to focus upon where will they spend eternity...and that requires a basic agreement of just Whom Jesus is.... no reason to discuss anything else until they get that right imo. Keep focus upon Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WorthyCause4Christ

Oct 15, 2017
Buena Park
✟13,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Bryan Bridges II, welcome! I am curious about the Calvinist viewpoint. Part of me says, "This could be true" but I then think of the scripture that says something like, "Jesus should save them all". However, they have to come to the knowledge of the truth as I see it (which many have/will reject).

I'll check out James White now that you mentioned it.

I call myself a euro-mutt (English, Swedish, Irish, German and French).

Upvote 0