✟8,923.00
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello to all, I am 73.

You are right; ‘am I Christian?’ sounds a rather weird question indeed.

[1] I love my enemies. So I couldn’t, anytime in my life, join a formal group (social, religious or political); otherwise I would be a traitor. Jesus knew He would be crucified as a criminal. He didn’t run away or defend Himself though He has the divine ultimate power to stop His killers. On the Cross, He even forgave them. Yes, Jesus did love those who had to play His enemies by his own Will (which is the same Will of my/our Father in Heaven, unified before Creation, by the Divine Spirit of Love, the Holy Spirit). And He wasn’t a traitor for doing this because He wasn’t belonging to any formal group in this world.

[2] I don’t resist evil. In fact, I have no reason to judge anyone or even blame someone seriously while it is clear for me that Heaven rises the sun on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

[3] I don’t believe in the notion of World’s Peace which is heard a lot of times in many great speeches. Jesus, all-knowledge, reminds me (on the Gospel) that, in this world, even the members of a family (sharing the same language, religion and culture...) can hardly live together in real peace. So, one can imagine the case of millions, if not billions, of families.

[4] I don’t trust a privilege rich man or a person who serves a powerful rich group while addressing the multitudes (regional or of the world) by a great speech. Jesus, all-knowledge, is clear on this rich-man fact (why this has to be the case, it could be discussed elsewhere, if I will not be banned ;) ).

I gave here just a few examples of what I learnt from Jesus (not from any other man)... just by reading attentively (since I was teenager) the Arabic Gospel (printed by the Catholic Church, many decades ago). He helped me know the logical answers of all important questions about life that I, a spiritual man, was looking for. This is how I knew for sure that He, Jesus, is my God; my true God only knows already everything about my deep nature and how the world is supposed to run in reality (another big topic). Not in vain Jesus says: ‘I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine’.

Please don’t worry if I look weird, if not abnormal, to you. After all, I am no more of this world. Speaking practically, I have no more interest in following my natural instincts (mainly of survival) while all other living things have no choice but following theirs; including the humans who are created to serve the material world only. For instance, the imposed law/rules made/approved by any ruling system (social, religious or political) is based on the human’s instincts (precisely, of the rulers). Living True Love towards all others, as revealed and lived by Jesus (His second advice), is beyond all imposed worldly rules. And it is rather impossible to live it if one cannot also trust God’s Will fully in everything he may face in life (the first advice of Jesus which is equivalent to His second one).

May I answer my question?

I am just a student of Jesus.
For instance, the English words ‘Disciples’/’Apostles’ are translated, in Arabic, as ‘Students’/’Messengers’.

As most of you know, a formal good Christian is supposed to believe in Jesus by faith only.

But I believe in Jesus based on reason instead because He saved me from my greatest weakness ‘ignorance’ with which every human baby, including the baby I was, has to be born. He is indeed the Light of Knowledge I was looking for and the Path on which my soul could be fed for eternity by living God’s Unconditional Love on earth, as it is in Heaven.

Now, I wonder what each of you here will say to Jesus about me.
Cheers,
Kerim

Last edited:

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kerim, welcome to the forum in Jesus name it's a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians. :)
I so enjoyed reading your introduction.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Hello to all, I am 73.

[1] I love my enemies. So I couldn’t, anytime in my life, join a formal group (social, religious or political); otherwise I would be a traitor. Jesus knew He would be crucified as a criminal. He didn’t run away or defend Himself though He has the divine ultimate power to stop His killers. On the Cross, He even forgave them. Yes, Jesus did love those who had to play His enemies by his own Will (which is the same Will of my/our Father in Heaven, unified before Creation, by the Divine Spirit of Love, the Holy Spirit). And He wasn’t a traitor for doing this because He wasn’t belonging to any formal group in this world.

Luke wasn't there... who else said "forgive them"?

(And you should probably hit the report button and ask a moderator to move this thread to another part of the forum.)

Reactions: KerimF
Upvote 0

KerimF

Jun 21, 2022
Aleppo
✟8,923.00
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke wasn't there... who else said "forgive them"?

(And you should probably hit the report button and ask a moderator to move this thread to another part of the forum.)

Good remark (Luke wasn't there... ), thank you.
Now you let me be curious to know if anyone, in Jesus time or after Luke wrote this saying, said (wrote) something about the possibility that Jesus didn't do it.

By the way, since I am new here, would you please advise me in which forum we can talk, in more details about this. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello to all, I am 73.

[2] I don’t resist evil. In fact, I have no reason to judge anyone or even blame someone seriously while it is clear for me that Heaven rises the sun on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

[3] I don’t believe in the notion of World’s Peace which is heard a lot of times in many great speeches. Jesus, all-knowledge, reminds me (on the Gospel) that, in this world, even the members of a family (sharing the same language, religion and culture...) can hardly live together in real peace. So, one can imagine the case of millions, if not billions, of families.

[4] I don’t trust a privilege rich man or a person who serves a powerful rich group while addressing the multitudes (regional or of the world) by a great speech. Jesus, all-knowledge, is clear on this rich-man fact (why this has to be the case, it could be discussed elsewhere, if I will not be banned ;) ).

I gave here just a few examples of what I learnt from Jesus (not from any other man)... just by reading attentively (since I was teenager) the Arabic Gospel (printed by the Catholic Church, many decades ago). He helped me know the logical answers of all important questions about life that I, a spiritual man, was looking for. This is how I knew for sure that He, Jesus, is my God; my true God only knows already everything about my deep nature and how the world is supposed to run in reality (another big topic). Not in vain Jesus says: ‘I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine’.

Please don’t worry if I look weird, if not abnormal, to you. After all, I am no more of this world. Speaking practically, I have no more interest in following my natural instincts (mainly of survival) while all other living things have no choice but following theirs; including the humans who are created to serve the material world only. For instance, the imposed law/rules made/approved by any ruling system (social, religious or political) is based on the human’s instincts (precisely, of the rulers). Living True Love towards all others, as revealed and lived by Jesus (His second advice), is beyond all imposed worldly rules. And it is rather impossible to live it if one cannot also trust God’s Will fully in everything he may face in life (the first advice of Jesus which is equivalent to His second one).

For instance, the English words ‘Disciples’/’Apostles’ are translated, in Arabic, as ‘Students’/’Messengers’.

As most of you know, a formal good Christian is supposed to believe in Jesus by faith only.

But I believe in Jesus based on reason instead because He saved me from my greatest weakness ‘ignorance’ with which every human baby, including the baby I was, has to be born. He is indeed the Light of Knowledge I was looking for and the Path on which my soul could be fed for eternity by living God’s Unconditional Love on earth, as it is in Heaven.

Cheers,
Kerim
Welcome! Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Proselyte of Yah

Your Friendly Neighborhood Arian
Apr 26, 2022
Midlands
Visit site
✟24,105.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello Kerim.

On your comment:

"As most of you know, a formal good Christian is supposed to believe in Jesus by faith only.
But I believe in Jesus based on reason"

This is a common misconception that Christians are required to believe based on blind faith over reason and evidence. The scriptures actually often advocate against this.

Using the word "faith" to mean "believing without evidence" is a modern anachronism of the word. The Bible says "faith is the 'evidence' (or confirmation) of the things hoped for and unseen". - Hebrews 11:1

The scriptures have always advocated having reason to believe and "trust" (the original meaning of the word 'faith').

• "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" - 1 Peter 3:15
  • Jesus said to him, ‘Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will never believe‘”. – John 4:48
  • But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Anointed, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name”. – John 20:31
  • “YHWH said to Moses, ‘Behold, I will come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear when I speak with you, and they will always put their trust in you‘”. – Exodus 19:9
  • The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps. - Proverbs 14:15
  • "So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” - John 20:25
:)

As for the rest of your comments, if I understand correctly, I believe we have some similar values. I believe the "true church" of Christ, is a collective of "individuals" together who are in him. As the ancient word for church means "gathering", as opposed to "denomination", "church building" etc.

I also retain an overall political neutrality in this world with no dedication to an institution, party, etc, my eyes are focused on the "government above", rather than the ones below, though I of course pay my taxes and obey the laws where they do not conflict with God's laws (as Jesus commanded), and will do what I can to help the poor, vulnerable, etc, as we live in this world.

I believe you are wise to be sceptical of "world peace" which this world's governments try to keep promising, as Jesus tells us the world will continue to have pain until he returns, and that "when they say peace and safety" then there is "sudden destruction" (1 Thessalonians 5:3).

This not of course meaning we adopt a nihilistic attitude and don't bother trying to help others, certain social causes, and promote peace of course, as that is part of "loving our neighbour". But indeed, the 'real' answer is God's Kingdom and the coming of our Lord Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: KerimF
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KerimF

Jun 21, 2022
Aleppo
✟8,923.00
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As for the rest of your comments, if I understand correctly, I believe we have some similar values.

I am selfish, speaking spiritually.
Since I was teenager I discovered that I feel a growing great joy in me whenever I treat whoever I meet as if he were myself; even if he has to play my enemy. I was never interested in being rich or famous though I was brilliant in my scientific studies, at school then at the university. Therefore it was supposed that I see a weird person in self since almost all who I knew, unlike me, were looking for money, fame and/or power.
Naturally, when I read attentively the Gospel (I was about 17), I saw my deep nature in Jesus sayings and knew that I am not weird, just not of this world in which a human has to follow his instincts of survival, superiority and selfishness, to name a few.
On the other hand, to be able to walk in the world's jungle with no confusion and no fear, Jesus (on the Gospel) helped me, by revealing crucial natural truths (that no one dares doing it openly), discover the logical answers of 'all' questions I was looking for. Without this Light of Knowledge (thanks to the Divine All-Knowledge Teacher, Jesus my God) it was rather impossible for me to keep feeding my soul with God's Joy (not bound by time and/or place) by living the unconditional love on earth as it is in Heaven while the world hates me, in various ways (they could fill a thick book, if I were a writer, but I used playing always with numbers, parameters and variables... instead of words of any language).

I guess, you know now why I am selfish {Luke 14:26}.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello to all, I am 73.

Cheers,
Kerim
Hey there welcome! I think you will fit in nicely here.
Jesus said I in them, Them in me that the world might believe in John 17.
It is written concerning the faith, It is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. For we are dead nevertheless we live yet not us but Christ lives in us. And the life we now live in the flesh, we live by the faith OF the Son of God. For he is the vine and we are the branches. Without Him we can nothing. How do you think this relates to being called a Christian?

Upvote 0

Wilderness Cry

Jul 26, 2022
Olin
✟8,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello KerimF,
Very interesting introduction. I must say that we are all students learning about Jesus and God throughout our entire lives, never fully knowing all, or understanding all there is; nor will we until we are face to face and told all He ever knew. Until then, I hope to find you in a thread somewhere soon. Be well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,732.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
la-paz-el-espir-santos-glitter.gif