• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hello All.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
There is no easy answer to your question. Millions of others have like questions re: one problem or another, though admittedly yours is worse than most it would seem. Why does God allow earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, droughts, tornadoes and other natural disasters to plague so many? We live in a world that is full of trials and tribulations. Some say that this life is a test to determine where we will go in the next life. Such seems likely to me.

Trust in the Lord and try and live life one day at a time.

• Agree
Reactions: Blessed Life
Upvote 0

KarlKarlingIII

Oct 23, 2019
New York
✟17,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Old Calendarist Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If God is for me, why did He allow me to have schizophrenia?
A life of sorrows, solitude, suffering, and the cross is true holiness. The life of ease and comfort leads somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you walk close to Him He will use it to His Glory whether He heals it or not.

For me, I had a seven year journey out of similar serious issues, there was much prayer, there was much to learn, it was lonely and hard, but I now have a testimony of complete healing and restoration.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"His strength (and ours) (for He is our strength) (that is found in/or) is made perfect in (and/or by) (or is only truly found in) our weakness(es)", etc.

Or things we go through/suffer in this life, etc...

It is just the way of things in this life, till we get to the next, etc...

It both prepares and qualifies us for the next...

People who go through little to nothing, or next to nothing, or hardly anything at all, don't usually get that privilege...

It is just the way of things in this life, till we get to the next...

God does promise to work it all out for your good...

Look forward to that, K...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

KarlKarlingIII

Oct 23, 2019
New York
✟17,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Old Calendarist Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your cross to bear is heavier than most. However we all suffer from the disease of sin and sometimes physical illness reminds us of our frailty - reminds us to humble the self and of our spiritual sicknesses. Through the fall death and sickness entered the world. It is the consequence of original sin - not a personal indictment against us, but a sickness we have to live with from the fall.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God allows all kinds of problems. He gave control of the earth to Adam, who gave his allegiance to Satan. Not a good idea, as we well know. If God were to solve all the problems, He would have to exterminate the human race. So He chose to send His Son, Jesus, to die for fallen man and to rise so that we could have a new nature. If we accept Christ as Saviour and Lord, we can be delivered of all that oppresses us. It may take time or some things may be instantaneous. But Lord Jesus came to set the captives free. He's never failed anyone yet, if they truly want to be free.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There are many people, for whom their schizophrenia is a stable part of their personality.

Why didn't your specific "schizophrenia" not give you stability, yet? Mine was not stable for about six years - before I started to decide, I simply cannot give in to my schizophrenic state of mind,, without knowing in what way it is humbling (humbling of me).

The Holy Spirit will tell you what you need to know: if you trust Him.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0