✟820,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
She had an illegal nanny.

Before she joined the State Department, Nauert employed a nanny who was in the United States legally but was not legally allowed to work, a source familiar with the matter and an administration official told CNN. The nanny wasn't paying taxes while she worked, the sources said. This was not known when Nauert became the State Department spokeswoman, but she did tell officials when she was offered the United Nations ambassadorship, the sources said.

Trump will drain that swamp by hiring and firing every swamp critter he can find. At least he's on top of everything, ferreting all of this wickedness out to expose evildoers.

Trump also announced Nauert as his pick December 7, before the White House did a thorough vet of her, sources told CNN. Nauert's Office of Government Ethics paperwork hadn't even gotten through review until well after Trump tweeted that he would nominate her.

Nauert is not expected to return to her State Department job.

Bye Felicia.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should thank here for savings everyone's time, and the embarrassment of the Republicans who would have approved her nomination.

...the greater embarrassment would have been approving her for a post for which she has no qualifications.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...the greater embarrassment would have been approving her for a post for which she has no qualifications.
She would probably have been a good ambassador, but employing an illegal nanny is the kiss of death in these situations, just as it was for two of Clintons attorney general (!) nominees, Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, both of whom would most likely have been quite competent in the position (and better than what we got instead).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, you cannot blame Hannity for something no one else knew, either. That is just the way it was with Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, too.

And I do believe that Heather Nauert would have made a very good UN ambassador if this had not derailed it. We need a certain kind of personality in that post. Haley surprised me by having it, and Nauert would have been of that sort too.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you cannot blame Hannity for something no one else knew, either. That is just the way it was with Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, too.

And I do believe that Heather Nauert would have made a very good UN ambassador if this had not derailed it. We need a certain kind of personality in that post. Haley surprised me by having it, and Nauert would have been of that sort too.
As Propaganda Minister, I expect more out of Mr. Hannity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
News services often make use of an eye-catching, sensationalist headline, but then include the whole story somewhere or other in the article itself, so as to blunt criticism that they are one-sided or biased in their reporting. In this case, the linked article reports the following:

"A businesswoman who was also appointed by George W Bush as an alternate delegate to the UN, where she focused on Africa, Ms Craft was in the summer of 2017 confirmed as the US’s ambassador to Canada, the first woman to hold that job."

In other words, Ms. Craft is well-qualified for the position.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well I guess she's more well-qualified for the position than the Fox News nominee who had to withdraw for having hired an undocumented immigrant as her nanny. Lol.

She'd be more impressive if she hadn't paid for her job. That's what Donald's known for. Not hiring the best qualified people but the people who'll kiss his butt & line his pockets.

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well I guess she's more well-qualified for the position than the Fox News nominee who had to withdraw for having hired an undocumented immigrant as her nanny. Lol.

She'd be more impressive if she hadn't paid for her job.
Welcome to the real world of politics regardless of which party it is.

Read this:
Barack Obama's ambassador legacy: plum postings for big donors – Center for Public Integrity

The issue is whether or not the nominee is qualified for this office, and although the suggestion is that she is not...Ms. Craft surely is. In addition to what was mentioned before, she is also the current ambassador to Canada. The outgoing UN ambassador had none of the experience that Craft has, yet everyone seems to think she did a good job at the UN.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Read this:
Barack Obama's ambassador legacy: plum postings for big donors – Center for Public Integrity

The issue is whether or not the nominee is qualified for this office, and although the suggestion is that she is not...Ms. Craft surely is. In addition to what was mentioned before, she is also the current ambassador to Canada. The outgoing UN ambassador had none of the experience that Craft has, yet everyone seems to think she did a good job at the UN.

Uh huh. Donald's habitually giving jobs to folks who aren't qualified but have given big bucks. Like Betsy DeVos. None of the folks in your source donated as much as Craft did. AAR, she does seem to be less shady than his last pick, so I guess baby steps.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Uh huh. Donald's habitually giving jobs to folks who aren't qualified but have given big bucks. Like Betsy DeVos. None of the folks in your source donated as much as Craft did. AAR, she does seem to be less shady than his last pick, so I guess baby steps.
See post 15 for the facts.

By the way, I cannot find that the entire DeVos family contributed anything to the Trump campaign. They contributed to Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Jeb Bush with Rubio receiving less than $100,000

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
See post 15 for the facts.

See the post above this one of yours for the facts that are in response to post 15. Shouldn't be hard to locate since you just quoted it.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Read this:

While I can't say I'm happy that generous political donors are granted ambassadorships, it has become more or less expected and part of the political environment (though I would expect more from someone claiming to want to "drain the swamp"). Additionally, I would posit that the ambassador to a stable western nation with which we have an alliance or a generally peaceful relationship (i.e. the appointments that Obama made) doesn't need much beyond a pleasant personality in order to do the job correctly. The ambassador to the UN requires a bit more finesse and actual understanding of policy.

It does seem like Craft has some prior experience with the UN, but I would point out that the Canadian ambassadorship is another one of those positions typically granted to donors, and therefore shouldn't necessarily be considered a sign of experience. And yes, Haley did lack experience in international politics, for which her appointment was rightly questioned. She did perform reasonably well, but the success of one inexperienced person does not mean that another will necessarily have the same success. Additionally, there must have been some reason why she was selected. And since she wasn't a campaign donor, that suggests that someone though she'd be capable.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
While I can't say I'm happy that generous political donors are granted ambassadorships, it has become more or less expected and part of the political environment

And that practice goes back a *long* time - in fact, there's some argument that rich people are well-suited for those roles because they're expected to lavishly entertain other diplomats on their own dime.

President Garfield was assassinated by a crazy guy who just showed up at the White House and expected to be made an ambassador to Vienna or Paris, because he thought Garfield owed him a favor. The crazy thing was that his process for seeking the ambassadorship wasn't totally unreasonable and it took a while for the WH staff to finally get sick of him hanging around and kick him out.

Upvote 0