Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

The book of Hebrews is built upon the ladder of learning system, beginning with the foundation, and building upon each precisely measured truth, in its “therefore”, “wherefore” and “for” statements. For instance:

Hebrews 1, lays the foundation in the eternal unchanging Deity and Co-Creatorship of Jesus Christ, who has a more excellent name than that of the created angelic hosts.

Hebrews 2, then begins with the connecting link to the previous foundation, with its “therefore”, and builds upon the other nature of Jesus Christ, namely that of the likeness of his fallen sinful flesh nature of humanity that He had taken upon Himself.

Hebrews 3, then continues to build upon those two things further, and connects to the past truth, with its “wherefore”, and delves straight into the peoples Israel [sons of natural Jacob] of the past, with Moses as a type of Christ; thus showing that Christ is the greater Moses, and in vs 7, another link “wherefore”, pointing to the failure in faith, and the rebellion of action as the result, drawing a parallel between they of old, and the we of then in Paul's day and so also now.

Hebrews 4, then continues the building exhortation, by its “Let us therefore”, and moves right into an an expanded comparison of the past with the present situation, in matters of living faith, granting the victory over sin. Paul, under inspiration of the Holy Ghost, draws from several passages of scripture, and draws a conclusion, with another link in vs 6, a “therefore” and further throughout with additional conclusions and places to step higher, in vs 14, “Seeing then”, and vs 16, “Let us therefore”. Living faith may therefore climb up Jacob's ladder [Christ Jesus] and reach the Throne of Grace, even “boldly”, to find pardon and cleansing for sin.

Hebrews 5, then takes this point on faith, grace, forgiveness, and cleansing, and takes the next step, pointing out the temporary changing Highpriests of old, and the eternal Highpriesthood of Jesus Christ, who is now, with its “For”.

Hebrews 6, then takes this another step higher, with its link of “Therefore”, and moves into the eternal promises of God and eternal covenant made with Abraham [etc], in Christ Jesus, and that true living and abiding faith in contrast with that which is mere 'fool's gold faith' [I believe, I believe, and no corresponding result, thus draw back into doubt, masking as 'faith'].

Hebrews 7, then going further into detail about how Jesus Christ can be a real Highpriest, is linked to the previous, with its “For this”, demonstrating that Jesus is after a higher order, a more ancient order of priest, the Melchizedek priesthood, to which even Abraham, the father of the faithful, acknowledges by tithe. Paul draws out a conclusion in vs 11, “If therefore” and continues.

Hebrews 8, reaches a midway peak, and summarizes all that has been stated before, with its “Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum”, and continues by contrasting the shadows of the Levitical with the reality of Jesus' Melchizedical, along with the old and new covenants.

Hebrews 9, begins with the summarized truth, “Then verily”, and shows the contrast of the earthly sanctuary and its recurring animal sacrifices with that of the true Heavenly, with Christ as the real Mediator between God and man, and the one true sacrifice that was foretold from the beginning, which parallels the language of Colossians 2 and Ephesians 2.

Hebrews 10, continues the thought of Hebrews 9, with is “For”, and shows that the Levitical written laws had types, figures and shadows all pointing to their substance, their body, their reality, Christ Jesus, and because we now have the real sacrifice, sins can truly be cleansed, whereas the blood of goats and calves do not do so, and that everyone taking hold of this sacrifice may enter into God's presence through faith in it.

Hebrews 11, then takes us back to the beginning with “Now faith” and “by faith ...” in the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, and unites the peoples of faith gone before, with those present, and all those yet to come in the redemption and resurrection provided in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 12, takes this great 'hall of faith', and links to it with “wherefore”, for the now present persons looking at the significance of the death, burial, resurrection and ascension of the Messiah, and continues with the striking difference between the judgments gone before because of transgression/sin, and the great Judgment to come, but not to grow weary and cling to the blessed Hope, which is Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 13, one can hear the echoed “wherefore” of Hebrews 12:28, in that also in vs 29 God is a consuming fire, who is love, and so “Let brotherly love continue.”, and like as Jesus so loved, in Hebrews 13:12, “wherefore” we ought also to follow such an example of love, and thus, chapters 11, 12 and 13, might appropriately be called the chapters of “Faith, Hope & Love”, and the greatest of these is Love.
Hebrews 4, the short of it:

Hebrews 4:1 KJB - Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Hebrews 4:2 KJB - For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 4:3 KJB - For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hebrews 4:4 KJB - For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:5 KJB - And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Hebrews 4:6 KJB - Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hebrews 4:7 KJB - Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Hebrews 4:8 KJB - For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 4:9 KJB - There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Hebrews 4:10 KJB - For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Hebrews 4:11 KJB - Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Challenge accepted:

“... ANOTHER of Mr. _______ statements that he sets forth as one of his "unanswerable propositions" is that "every one of the ten commandments is expressly reaffirmed in the New Testament except the Sabbath law, and there is not a syllable in our whole New Testament suggesting that the Sabbath is binding on the Christian." And "the one commandment upon which the Seventh-day people lay all their emphasis is neither by explicit statement nor hint said to be binding upon Christians in any verse in the New Testament." {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.1}

From this statement made and repeated it is evident that there are, in the New Testament, at least nearly two whole chapters which Mr. _______ has read to very little purpose. Indeed, it would seem that he had not read them at all; but the fact that he has been for years one of the leading Bible teachers of the whole country, renders it hardly possible that he has not read the New Testament through. Yet for such a prominent Bible teacher to make and repeat such a statement as that, betrays a lack of knowledge of the New Testament, that surely presents not a very promising prospect to a Bible school for Christian workers. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.2}

The two chapters to which we refer are the third and fourth of Hebrews. It is the literal truth that the greater part of these two chapters is a treatise upon the true Sabbath of the seventh day, its true meaning, and its true observance; and it is all addressed TO CHRISTIANS. That Mr. _______ has not yet found this portion of the New Testament is nothing against the fact of its being there. It is there, and it is a great spiritual truth; for the Sabbath is spiritual, and spiritual things are only spiritually discerned. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.3}

Sabbath is rest. The Sabbath of the Lord is the rest of the Lord. And the Sabbath day of the Lord is the rest day of the Lord. The word of the Lord is, "The seventh day is the Sabbath [the rest] of the Lord thy God." It is not man's rest, it is God's rest. And so it is written. "In six days the Lord made heaven and earth, . . . and rested the seventh day." Ex. 20:11. "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Gen. 2:2. And "he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise. And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest." Heb. 4:4, 5. Thus in Hebrews 4 the subject is the same precisely as in Gen. 2:2, 3, and in Ex. 20:8-11, the fourth commandment; that subject is the Sabbath of the Lord, God's rest of the seventh day, and being addressed directly to Christians, and in the New Testament, too, is definite instruction to Christians as to the true Christian observance of the Sabbath of the Lord, the seventh day. And this subject in the fourth chapter of Hebrews is simply the continuation of the same subject from the third chapter of Hebrews; and that subject is God's rest of the seventh day. This shows that the Sabbath of the seventh day, the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and its observance, is distinctly treated in the greater part of at least two chapters in the New Testament, and is there addressed directly to Christians. Brother _______ has not yet learned this. We are telling it to him just now. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.4}

Now, remembering what Friend _______ asked of each reader,—that he "go to God in prayer and covenant with him that he will stand upon what the word of God teaches whether it agrees with his previous notions or not,"—come, let us study the third and fourth chapters of Hebrews, and see what is there taught in the word of God. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.5} ...” - The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, vol. 76 May 30, 1899, page 344 par. 1- par. 5 [name withheld, to now apply to general audiences]
Let us continue the look at Hebrews 3 & 4 in more detail ...

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:1 KJB - Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 3:1 KJB is tied to True High Priest in the True Heavenly Tabernacle/Temple/Sanctuary in Heaven itself:

Hebrews 8:1 KJB - Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 8:2 KJB - A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Hebrews 8:5 KJB - Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Hebrews 9:23 KJB - It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Hebrews 9:24 KJB - For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:​

This again demonstrates that there is indeed a work that Christ Jesus is doing in the true Temple in Heaven. There is an eternal Law in the Heavens that has been transgressed, in which we need such an High Priest to minister upon the repentant sinners behalf, to be an Advocate for. The blood of Calvary is linked to this most sacred of services of love.​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:2 KJB - Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

Jesus was appointed by the Father to be High Priest:

Hebrews 1:5 KJB - For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 5:5 KJB - So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.​

For as the Father's Law was broken, only One equal with God, could be mediator between God [Law giver] and man [Law transgressor], who would uphold the Justice and Mercy of His Father in His [Jesus'] own sacrifice:

1 Timothy 2:5 KJB - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:3 KJB - For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

Jesus is the true builder of the Temple of God, while Moses was merely the type:

Ephesians 2:21 KJB - In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Exodus 25:8 KJB - And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 25:9 KJB - According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Exodus 25:40 KJB - And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.
See also Numbers 8:4; Joshua 22:28; 1 Chronicles 28:10-12,19; Psalms 77:13; Ezekiel 43:10-12; Ephesians 1:20; Hebrews 8:1-6, 9:23; 13:10; Daniel 8:11-14,26, 9:24, 11:31; Revelation 1:12,13, 3:7,8 4:1,5, 9:13, 11:1,19, 15:5 KJB.

Jesus Himself is also the Temple, and His body part of Him:

Revelation 21:22 KJB - And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

John 2:19 KJB - Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

John 2:20 KJB - Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

John 2:21 KJB - But he spake of the temple of his body.
Jesus raised from the dead roughly 2000 years ago, and when the millennium [1,000 years of Revelation 20:1-7; Daniel 7:22; Isaiah 24:22 KJB] comes, for the 7,000th year, which “evening” portion begins on earth [as there is no night in heaven; Revelation 22:5 KJB, etc], the Church of Christ will be made perfect [Ephesians 4:13 KJB], and the Temple of the Lamb, will be “finished” [John 10:7 KJB], for it will have been within the 3 “days” “with the LORD” [2 Peter 3:8; Psalms 90:4 KJB]. The natural to the spiritual [1 Corinthians 15:44-46 KJB].​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:4 KJB - For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

For the Father made all things by/through the Son, Christ Jesus:

Hebrews 1:1 KJB - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hebrews 1:2 KJB - Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hebrews 1:3 KJB - Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;​

See also Genesis 1:1-2:3; Proverbs 8:22-31; John 1:1-3; 1 John 1:1-3; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:15-19 KJB, etc.​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:5 KJB - And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

[01] Righteous Man, a man that executheth My [God's] Counsel, a servant
[02] [He is] my shepherd
[03] From the East, Deliverer
[04] God was to subdue the Nations before Him/them
[05] God, "I" will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight
[06] That saith to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid
[07] That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers
[08] Anointed
[09] "Glory of a blazing furnace, or to shine like the sun"
[10] Great treasures/wealth would be given unto him
and God reigned as King through ...

Moses was merely the type [as Cyrus was], while Christ Jesus is the reality. More details on this in the Daniel 11:1-20 KJB, study, for history has repeated at least three times [Ecclesiastes 1:9; 3:15 KJB] [01 – Egypt to Babylon, 02 – Babylon to [Rome] Jesus, 03 – Jesus unto the end] ...​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:6 KJB - But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

See also:

Hebrews 3:14 KJB - For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 3:6-13 KJB, is repeated in like structure in Hebrews 3:14-19, 4:1 KJB.

KJB

Text

KJB

Text

KJB

Text

KJB

Text

Psalms 95:3,6,7

“For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.”, “...the LORD our maker.”, “For he is our God ...”​

Hebrews 3:6

“... Christ as a son ...”​

Hebrews 3:14

“... Christ ...”

Hebrews 4:14

“... Jesus the Son of God ...”​

Psalms 95:7

... and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.”​

“... are we ...”

“... we are ...”

Hebrews 4:15

“... like as we are ...”​

Psalms 95:1,2

“O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.”, “Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.”​

“... if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.”

“... if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;”

Hebrews 4:14

“... let us hold fast our profession. ...”​

2 Peter 1:21; see also Acts 1:16; 2 Timothy 3:16

“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”​

Hebrews 3:7

“Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, ...”

Hebrews 3:15

“While it is said, ...”

Hebrews 4:7

“Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, ...”​

...To day if ye will hear his voice,”​

Hebrews 3:7

“... To day if ye will hear his voice, ...”

“... To day if ye will hear his voice, ...”

“... To day if ye will hear his voice, ...”​

Psalms 95:8

“Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:”​

Hebrews 3:8

“... Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: ...”

“... harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.”

“... harden not your hearts. ...”​

Psalms 95:9

“When your fathers tempted me, proved me, ...”​

Hebrews 3:9

“When your fathers tempted me, proved me ...”

Hebrews 3:16

“For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.”​

Psalms 95:9,10

... and saw my work.”, “Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, ...”

Hebrews 3:9,10

“... and saw my works forty years.”, “Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, ...”

Hebrews 3:17

“But with whom was he grieved forty years? ...”​

Psalms 95:10

...and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:”

Hebrews 3:10

“... and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.”

Hebrews 3:17

“... was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?”​

Psalms 95:11

“Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.”

Hebrews 3:11

“So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)”

Hebrews 3:18

“And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, ...”​

Hebrews 3:12

“Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.”

Hebrews 3:18

“... but to them that believed not?”​

Hebrews 3:13

“But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.”

Hebrews 3:19, 4:1

“So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.”, “Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.”

Hebrews 4:11

“... lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:7 KJB - Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Citing:

Psalms 95:7 KJB - For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,​

The Psalms 95, is known as a “Sabbath” Psalm, for it deals with the Creator God:

John Calvin on Psalms 95:1 -

“... 1.Come, let us rejoice before Jehovah. This psalm is suited for the Sabbath, when we know that the religious assemblies were more particularly convened for the worship of God. It is not individuals among the godly whom he exhorts to celebrate the divine praises in private; he enjoins these to be offered up in the public meeting. ...” - Psalms 95:1 - O come, let us sing... - Verse-by-Verse Commentary

John Trapp Complete Commentary on Psalms 95:1 -

“... Ver. 1. O come, let us sing unto the Lord] It is thought by this beginning that this psalm was not penned by David for private use, but for public assemblies, to be sung by the congregation on the sabbath and such like times ...” - Psalms 95:1 - O come, let us sing... - Verse-by-Verse Commentary

Coffman's Commentaries on the Bible, Psalms 95:1 -

“... Scholars usually group the six psalms from Psalms 95 through Psalms 100 as liturgical psalms, designed for use by the Israelites as they gathered for Sabbath day worship. "This group of psalms seems to have been composed for use in the services of the second temple."[1] ...” - Psalms 95:1 - O come, let us sing... - Verse-by-Verse Commentary

Forerunner Commentary on Psalms 95:1 -

"... This is a Psalm that the commentators call a "Sabbath Psalm." It is indicating an activity that is taking place on the Sabbath. That is when people gather before God, shout joyfully, and come before His presence with thanksgiving. Of course, anybody can do that in prayer as well, but this is a Sabbath Psalm. That is its broad application. ...” - Psalms 95:1 (KJV) - Forerunner Commentary

Scriptures:

Psalms 95:1 KJB - O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

Psalms 95:2 KJB - Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

salms 95:3 KJB - For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

Psalms 95:4 KJB - In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.

Psalms 95:5 KJB - The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.

Psalms 95:6 KJB - O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

Psalms 95:7 KJB - For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,​

Compare Psalms 95 to Psalms 100 KJB:

Psalms 100:1 KJB - A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

Psalms 100:2 KJB - Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Psalms 100:3 KJB - Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Psalms 100:4 KJB - Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalms 100:5 KJB - For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.​

KJB

Text

KJB

Text

Psalms 95:1

“O come, let us sing unto the LORD: ...”

Psalms 100:2

“Serve the LORD ... come ... with singing.”​

Psalms 95:1,2

“... let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.”, “... and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.”

Psalms 100:1

“Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.”​

Psalms 95:2

“Let us come before his presence ...”

“... come before his presence ...”​

Psalms 95:2

“... with thanksgiving, ...”

Psalms 100:4

“... with thanksgiving ... with praise ... be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”​

Psalms 95:3

“... the LORD is a great ...”

Psalms 100:5

“... the LORD is good ...”​

Psalms 95:3

“For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.”

Psalms 100:3

“Know ye that the LORD he is God ...”​

Psalms 95:4,5,6

“In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.”, “The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.”, “O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.”

“Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves ...”​

“For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.”

“... the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.”​

Psalms 95:8,9

“Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:”, “When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.”

“ Serve the LORD with gladness ...”​

Psalms 95:10-11

God's wrath is temporary

“Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:”, “Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.”

Psalms 100:5

Mercy & Truth are everlasting

“... his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”​

Compare Psalms 95:1-7 to Genesis 2:1-3 and Exodus 20:8-11 KJB:

Genesis 2:1 KJB - Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Genesis 2:2 KJB - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 2:3 KJB - And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8 KJB - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exodus 20:9 KJB - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

Exodus 20:10 KJB - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.​

The Holy Ghost is inspiring David, the Psalms writer, to explicitly warn the people of God [2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21 KJB].

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:7 KJB - Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

... continued ...

The Father is the “husbandman”:

John 15:1 KJB - I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.​

Jesus is the “voice” of God, the Father:

Genesis 3:8 KJB - And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.​

Genesis 3:10 KJB - And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.​

John 1:1 KJB - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 John 1:1 KJB - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;​

Jesus is the under-shepherd of the Father, also an husbandman:

Zechariah 13:5 KJB - But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.​

Jesus is the “good shepherd” of His people:

Psalms 95:7 KJB - For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

1 Kings 22:17 KJB - And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

2 Chronicles 18:16 KJB - Then he said, I did see all Israel scattered upon the mountains, as sheep that have no shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master; let them return therefore every man to his house in peace.

Psalms 23:1 KJB - A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.​

God's people, “the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand ...”

Psalms 80:1 KJB - To the chief Musician upon Shoshannimeduth, A Psalm of Asaph. Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.

Isaiah 40:11 KJB - He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.​

Compare:

Matthew 19:14 KJB - But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:14 KJB - But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:16 KJB - But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

John 21:15 KJB - So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

John 21:16 KJB - He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

John 21:17 KJB - He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Isaiah 44:28 KJB - That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Ezekiel 34:11 KJB - For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

Ezekiel 34:12 KJB - As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Mark 6:34 KJB - And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.​

Those heard the voice of the Good Shepherd:

John 10:2 KJB - But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

John 10:11 KJB - I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:14 KJB - I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.​

The great I AM, Jesus, is the Good Shepherd, who knows His, and are known of His:

Isaiah 56:8 KJB - The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

John 10:16 KJB - And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.​

Which “good shepherd” gave “His life for the sheep”? To whom does the “little flock” belong then, and whose “voice” “shall” “they” “hear”? It is the very voice of Jesus, calling them, “...follow me.”

Psalms 95:6 KJB - O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

Who saw us like “... sheep without a shepherd ...” [1 Kings 22:17; 2 Chronicles 18:16; Mark 6:34 KJB] and came to “... to seek and to save that which was lost ...” [Luke 19:10 KJB]?

Scripture hath said,

Jeremiah 31:3 KJB - The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.​

Who is it that even had “... appeared of old ...”, and has loved us “... with an everlasting love ...”? Who is it that with “... lovingkindness ...” has “... drawn thee ...”? It is Jesus Christ:

Isaiah 45:22 KJB - Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

John 12:32 KJB - And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.​

Think about what is going to the “... uttermost parts of the earth ...” and “... all the ends of the earth ...” even now:

Matthew 26:31 KJB - Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Mark 14:27 KJB - And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

Hebrews 13:20 KJB - Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

1 Peter 2:25 KJB - For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

1 Peter 5:4 KJB - And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

John 10:15 KJB - As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

... continued ...

Who is it that is coming to gather all of His Sheep from the four corners of the earth, from the four winds of heaven and shall separate the sheep from the goats?

Matthew 24:31 KJB - And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 25:32 KJB - And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:33 KJB - And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Mark 13:27 KJB - And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.​

We are the sheep of His pasture... and we know His voice... for the Shepherd calls us. He calls those of His sheep to “... come out of her, my people ...”. Do we belong to Him or to another?

Acts 17:27 KJB - That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:​

Compare:

Matthew 28:20 KJB - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Isaiah 42:5 KJB - Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:​

Compare:

John 20:22 KJB - And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

John 10:27 KJB - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:​

Compare:

See again Psalms 95 KJB, for whose voice to follow:

... Follow me ...”: Matthew 9:9, 16:24, 19:21; Mark 2:14 KJB,

... his disciples follow him ...”: Mark 6:1, 8:34, 10:21, Luke 5:27, 9:23,59, 18:22; John 1:43, 10:27, 12:26, 13:36, 21:19 KJB,

... follow thou me ...”: John 21:22 KJB,

... follow the Lamb ...”: Revelation 14:4 KJB​

John 10:3 KJB - To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

John 10:4 KJB - And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.​

Compare:

Deuteronomy 1:30 KJB - The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;

Deuteronomy 1:33 KJB - Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.

Matthew 28:7 KJB - And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Mark 16:7 KJB - But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.

John 18:37 KJB - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.​

Jesus is no hireling, but He is the Good and Great Shepherd of the Sheep:

Do we not desire to know the Truth [whom is Jesus], and to heed the voice [Psalms 95:7; Hebrews 3:7,15, 4:7, etc KJB] and call of the LORD [JEHOVAH] God? We ought to know from these texts then, that it is Jesus Christ that calleth us. Do we hear Him, do we follow Him? For He is the Way, The Truth and the Life, that Good Shepherd:

Psalms 23:1 KJB - A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalms 23:2 KJB - He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

John 10:3 KJB - To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.​

Jesus is the Separator of the Sheep and the Goats:

Ezekiel 34:15 KJB - I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 34:16 KJB - I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Ezekiel 34:17 KJB - And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Matthew 25:31 KJB - When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 KJB - And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:33 KJB - And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Luke 19:10 KJB - For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.​

The Holy Ghost is instructing the people of God to listen to the pleas of God, that strive with their hearts, to hear, as throughout time:

Genesis 6:3 KJB - And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Psalms 103:8 KJB - The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Psalms 103:9 KJB - He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

Isaiah 57:16 KJB - For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

Ephesians 4:30 KJB - And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.​

They [past] had a 'day' of grace back then to repent and believe and obey God. They refused, did not believe and did not keep God's commandment. Thus, they [past] did not enter in. A[nother] 'day' of grace is open for us [now, present]. Do not refuse to believe as they, do not refuse to repent as they, and do not refuse to keep God's commandment as they, and rest the 7th Day as God did, otherwise like they, those also shall not enter in.

It is “to day”, and that “to day” is the day of grace. Soon that “to day” of grace will close. All those still found not in repentant obedience to God, will perish. Make the decision then “to day”, and “harden not your heart”, and obey God in His commandment [Exodus 20:8-11 KJB], which is the demonstration of faith and love, that Jesus has delivered from sin [1 John 3:4 KJB].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:8 KJB - Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Citing:

Psalms 95:8 KJB - Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:​

The Holy Ghost warns us to not harden our hearts, and to not resist His entreaties to repentance, as Pharaoh did, and as those Israelites of the past and as others so did, for the end thereof is death:

Exodus 7:13 KJB - And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

Exodus 7:14 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.

Exodus 7:22 KJB - And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said.

Exodus 8:15 KJB - But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

Exodus 8:19 KJB - Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

Exodus 8:32 KJB - And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.

Exodus 9:7 KJB - And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go.

Exodus 9:12 KJB - And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

Exodus 9:34 KJB - And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants.

Exodus 9:35 KJB - And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, neither would he let the children of Israel go; as the LORD had spoken by Moses.

Exodus 10:1 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:

Exodus 10:20 KJB - But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go.

Exodus 10:27 KJB - But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

Exodus 11:10 KJB - And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Exodus 14:8 KJB - And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.

Deuteronomy 2:30 KJB - But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the LORD thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

2 Chronicles 36:13 KJB - And he also rebelled against king Nebuchadnezzar, who had made him swear by God: but he stiffened his neck, and hardened his heart from turning unto the LORD God of Israel.

Job 9:4 KJB - He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?

Job 41:24 KJB - His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

Job 41:34 KJB - He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

Isaiah 63:17 KJB - O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

Daniel 5:20 KJB - But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:

Mark 6:52 KJB - For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened.

Mark 8:17 KJB - And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?

John 12:40 KJB - He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.​

If we choose to not “know” and choose to be “without understanding”, it is because we have a hard heart, and resist the “Wisdom” of God [Proverbs 8:22-36; 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJB], Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Hosea 4:6 KJB - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Jeremiah 5:21 KJB - Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

Matthew 15:16 KJB - And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Mark 7:18 KJB - And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

Romans 1:31 KJB - Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Matthew 11:25 KJB - At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Luke 9:45 KJB - But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.

Luke 10:21 KJB - In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Luke 18:34 KJB - And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:8 KJB - Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

... continued ...

The word “provocation” [Psalms 95:8 KJB], “strife” [Genesis 13:8; Numbers 27:14; Psalms 106:32; Ezekiel 47:19, 48:28 KJB] [KJB] in Hebrew is [H4808], “כמריבה”, “Kim'riyväh”, which in Transliterated English is, “Meribah” [H4809] [Exodus 17:7; Number 20:13,24, 27:14; Deuteronomy 32:51, 33:8; Psalms 81:7] [and see also “Massah”, Exodus 17:7; Deuteronomy 6:16, 9:22, 33:8 KJB]:

Exodus 17:2 KJB - Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?

Exodus 17:7 KJB - And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?

Numbers 20:13 KJB - This is the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the LORD, and he was sanctified in them.

Numbers 20:24 KJB - Aaron shall be gathered unto his people: for he shall not enter into the land which I have given unto the children of Israel, because ye rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah.

Deuteronomy 6:16 KJB - Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.

Deuteronomy 6:17 KJB - Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Deuteronomy 9:13 KJB - Furthermore the LORD spake unto me, saying, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

Deuteronomy 9:14 KJB - Let me alone, that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from under heaven: and I will make of thee a nation mightier and greater than they.

Deuteronomy 9:15 KJB - So I turned and came down from the mount, and the mount burned with fire: and the two tables of the covenant were in my two hands.

Deuteronomy 9:16 KJB - And I looked, and, behold, ye had sinned against the LORD your God, and had made you a molten calf: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the LORD had commanded you.

Deuteronomy 9:17 KJB - And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.

Deuteronomy 9:18 KJB - And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Deuteronomy 9:19 KJB - For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure, wherewith the LORD was wroth against you to destroy you. But the LORD hearkened unto me at that time also.

Deuteronomy 9:20 KJB - And the LORD was very angry with Aaron to have destroyed him: and I prayed for Aaron also the same time.

Deuteronomy 9:21 KJB - And I took your sin, the calf which ye had made, and burnt it with fire, and stamped it, and ground it very small, even until it was as small as dust: and I cast the dust thereof into the brook that descended out of the mount.

Deuteronomy 9:22 KJB - And at Taberah, and at Massah, and at Kibrothhattaavah, ye provoked the LORD to wrath.

Deuteronomy 9:23 KJB - Likewise when the LORD sent you from Kadeshbarnea, saying, Go up and possess the land which I have given you; then ye rebelled against the commandment of the LORD your God, and ye believed him not, nor hearkened to his voice.

Deuteronomy 9:24 KJB - Ye have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you.

Deuteronomy 9:25 KJB - Thus I fell down before the LORD forty days and forty nights, as I fell down at the first; because the LORD had said he would destroy you.

Deuteronomy 9:26 KJB - I prayed therefore unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, destroy not thy people and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand.

Deuteronomy 9:27 KJB - Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin:

Deuteronomy 9:28 KJB - Lest the land whence thou broughtest us out say, Because the LORD was not able to bring them into the land which he promised them, and because he hated them, he hath brought them out to slay them in the wilderness.

Deuteronomy 9:29 KJB - Yet they are thy people and thine inheritance, which thou broughtest out by thy mighty power and by thy stretched out arm.

Deuteronomy 32:51 KJB - Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 33:8 KJB - And of Levi he said, Let thy Thummim and thy Urim be with thy holy one, whom thou didst prove at Massah, and with whom thou didst strive at the waters of Meribah;

Psalms 78:17 KJB - And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.

Psalms 78:18 KJB - And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.

Psalms 78:19 KJB - Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

Psalms 78:20 KJB - Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people?

Psalms 78:21 KJB - Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;

Psalms 78:22 KJB - Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:

Psalms 78:23 KJB - Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,

Psalms 78:24 KJB - And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.

Psalms 78:25 KJB - Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

Psalms 78:26 KJB - He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind.

Psalms 78:27 KJB - He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea:

Psalms 78:28 KJB - And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations.

Psalms 78:29 KJB - So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire;

Psalms 78:30 KJB - They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths,

Psalms 78:31 KJB - The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.

Psalms 78:32 KJB - For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.

Psalms 78:33 KJB - Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble.

Psalms 78:34 KJB - When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.

Psalms 78:35 KJB - And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Psalms 78:36 KJB - Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

Psalms 78:37 KJB - For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

Psalms 78:38 KJB - But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.

Psalms 78:39 KJB - For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

Psalms 78:40 KJB - How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert!

Psalms 78:41 KJB - Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

Psalms 78:42 KJB - They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy.

Psalms 78:43 KJB - How he had wrought his signs in Egypt, and his wonders in the field of Zoan:

Psalms 78:44 KJB - And had turned their rivers into blood; and their floods, that they could not drink.

Psalms 78:45 KJB - He sent divers sorts of flies among them, which devoured them; and frogs, which destroyed them.

Psalms 78:46 KJB - He gave also their increase unto the caterpiller, and their labour unto the locust.

Psalms 78:47 KJB - He destroyed their vines with hail, and their sycomore trees with frost.

Psalms 78:48 KJB - He gave up their cattle also to the hail, and their flocks to hot thunderbolts.

Psalms 78:49 KJB - He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

Psalms 78:50 KJB - He made a way to his anger; he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;

Psalms 78:51 KJB - And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:

Psalms 78:52 KJB - But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock.

Psalms 78:53 KJB - And he led them on safely, so that they feared not: but the sea overwhelmed their enemies.

Psalms 78:54 KJB - And he brought them to the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased.

Psalms 78:55 KJB - He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.

Psalms 78:56 KJB - Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:

Psalms 78:57 KJB - But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitful bow.

Psalms 78:58 KJB - For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images.

Psalms 78:59 KJB - When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:

Psalms 81:7 KJB - Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the secret place of thunder: I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah.

Psalms 106:29 KJB - Thus they provoked him to anger with their inventions: and the plague brake in upon them.

Psalms 106:32 KJB - They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:

Psalms 106:33 KJB - Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

Ezekiel 20:13 KJB - But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Ezekiel 20:21 KJB - Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

Nehemiah 9:16 KJB - But they and our fathers dealt proudly, and hardened their necks, and hearkened not to thy commandments,

Nehemiah 9:17 KJB - And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.

Nehemiah 9:18 KJB - Yea, when they had made them a molten calf, and said, This is thy God that brought thee up out of Egypt, and had wrought great provocations;​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:9 KJB - When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Citing:

Psalms 95:9 KJB - When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.​

The “my works” for the “forty years”, was the preserved clothes, the water from the Rock that followed/led them and the falling of the manna 6 days of the week, wherein throughout the 7th day, the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, there was none rained, but that which was given on the 6th day was preserved, and thus was miracles every day and moreso on the Sabbath day:

Exodus 16:35 KJB - And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

Deuteronomy 8:3 KJB - And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Deuteronomy 8:16 KJB - Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;

Joshua 5:12 KJB - And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

Nehemiah 9:20 KJB - Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.

Nehemiah 9:21 KJB - Yea, forty years didst thou sustain them in the wilderness, so that they lacked nothing; their clothes waxed not old, and their feet swelled not.

Psalms 78:4 KJB - And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.

Psalms 78:23 KJB - Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,

Psalms 78:24 KJB - And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.

Psalms 78:25 KJB - Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

Psalms 105:39 KJB - He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night.

Psalms 105:40 KJB - The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.

Psalms 105:41 KJB - He opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river.

Psalms 105:42 KJB - For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant.

Psalms 105:43 KJB - And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:

Psalms 105:44 KJB - And gave them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people;

Psalms 105:45 KJB - That they might observe his statutes, and keep his laws. Praise ye the LORD.

John 6:31 KJB - Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

John 6:49 KJB - Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

John 6:58 KJB - This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

1 Corinthians 10:3 KJB - And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1 Corinthians 10:4 KJB - And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Hebrews 9:4 KJB - Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

Revelation 2:17 KJB - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:9 KJB - When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

... continued ...

See also:

Exodus 16:35 KJB - And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

Numbers 14:21 KJB - But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

Numbers 14:22 KJB - Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;

Numbers 14:23 KJB - Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:

Numbers 14:24 KJB - But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

Numbers 14:26 KJB - And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,

Numbers 14:27 KJB - How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.

Numbers 14:28 KJB - Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:

Numbers 14:29 KJB - Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

Numbers 14:30 KJB - Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

Numbers 14:31 KJB - But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.

Numbers 14:32 KJB - But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in this wilderness.

Numbers 14:33 KJB - And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.

Numbers 14:34 KJB - After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

Numbers 14:35 KJB - I the LORD have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.

Numbers 14:36 KJB - And the men, which Moses sent to search the land, who returned, and made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up a slander upon the land,

Numbers 14:37 KJB - Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the LORD.

Numbers 14:38 KJB - But Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of the men that went to search the land, lived still.

Numbers 32:10 KJB - And the LORD'S anger was kindled the same time, and he sware, saying,

Numbers 32:11 KJB - Surely none of the men that came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward, shall see the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob; because they have not wholly followed me:

Numbers 32:12 KJB - Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite, and Joshua the son of Nun: for they have wholly followed the LORD.

Numbers 32:13 KJB - And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

Deuteronomy 1:34 KJB - And the LORD heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,

Deuteronomy 1:35 KJB - Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,

Deuteronomy 1:36 KJB - Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the LORD.

Deuteronomy 1:37 KJB - Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither.

Deuteronomy 1:38 KJB - But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

Deuteronomy 1:39 KJB - Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Deuteronomy 2:7 KJB - For the LORD thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the LORD thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.

Deuteronomy 8:2 KJB - And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

Deuteronomy 8:4 KJB - Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.

Deuteronomy 29:5 KJB - And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

Joshua 5:6 KJB - For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey.

Joshua 14:7 KJB - Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.

Joshua 14:10 KJB - And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.

Nehemiah 9:21 KJB - Yea, forty years didst thou sustain them in the wilderness, so that they lacked nothing; their clothes waxed not old, and their feet swelled not.

Psalms 106:6 KJB - We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.

Psalms 106:7 KJB - Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.

Psalms 106:8 KJB - Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.

Psalms 106:9 KJB - He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.

Psalms 106:10 KJB - And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.

Psalms 106:11 KJB - And the waters covered their enemies: there was not one of them left.

Psalms 106:12 KJB - Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.

Psalms 106:13 KJB - They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:

Psalms 106:14 KJB - But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.

Psalms 106:15 KJB - And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.

Psalms 106:16 KJB - They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron the saint of the LORD.

Psalms 106:17 KJB - The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram.

Psalms 106:18 KJB - And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked.

Psalms 106:19 KJB - They made a calf in Horeb, and worshipped the molten image.

Psalms 106:20 KJB - Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox that eateth grass.

Psalms 106:21 KJB - They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;

Psalms 106:22 KJB - Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and terrible things by the Red sea.

Psalms 106:23 KJB - Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.

Psalms 106:24 KJB - Yea, they despised the pleasant land, they believed not his word:

Psalms 106:25 KJB - But murmured in their tents, and hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD.

Psalms 106:26 KJB - Therefore he lifted up his hand against them, to overthrow them in the wilderness:

Psalms 106:27 KJB - To overthrow their seed also among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands.

Psalms 106:28 KJB - They joined themselves also unto Baalpeor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead.

Psalms 106:29 KJB - Thus they provoked him to anger with their inventions: and the plague brake in upon them.

Psalms 106:30 KJB - Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.

Psalms 106:31 KJB - And that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore.

Psalms 106:32 KJB - They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:

Psalms 106:33 KJB - Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

Amos 2:10 KJB - Also I brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years through the wilderness, to possess the land of the Amorite.

Amos 5:25 KJB - Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?

Acts 7:36 KJB - He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

Acts 7:42 KJB - Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?

Hebrews 3:17 KJB - But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:10 KJB - Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Citing:

Psalms 95:10 KJB - Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:​

Why was God “grieved” with that “generation”? As the text says, “It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:”

[1] err in their heart

[2] have not known [experience] my ways​

Romans 9:31 KJB - But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 9:32 KJB - Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Hebrews 4:2 KJB - For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Romans 14:23 KJB - “... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”

1 John 3:4 KJB - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.​

Because the peoples Israel did not believe the promises of God, they did not obey God in His words, and because they did not trust, they could have no lasting rest, and could not actually keep Sabbath with God. There are specific examples of this unbelief, and it manifests in sabbath-breaking, and through sabbath-breaking, how could they enter into the land of promise?, since they did not by faith believe in God's promise to grant them the victory, and thus did not trust in His providence to rest, and Sabbath with God:

Numbers 14:11 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?

Numbers 15:32 KJB - And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

Numbers 15:33 KJB - And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

Numbers 15:34 KJB - And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

Numbers 15:35 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

Numbers 15:36 KJB - And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

Nehemiah 9:16 KJB - But they and our fathers dealt proudly, and hardened their necks, and hearkened not to thy commandments,

Nehemiah 9:17 KJB - And refused to obey, neither were mindful of thy wonders that thou didst among them; but hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage: but thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.

Nehemiah 10:31 KJB - And if the people of the land bring ware or any victuals on the sabbath day to sell, that we would not buy it of them on the sabbath, or on the holy day: and that we would leave the seventh year, and the exaction of every debt.

Ezekiel 20:10 KJB - Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness.

Ezekiel 20:11 KJB - And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.

Ezekiel 20:12 KJB - Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Ezekiel 20:13 KJB - But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Ezekiel 20:14 KJB - But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out.

Ezekiel 20:15 KJB - Yet also I lifted up my hand unto them in the wilderness, that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;

Ezekiel 20:16 KJB - Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols.

Ezekiel 20:17 KJB - Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness.

Ezekiel 20:18 KJB - But I said unto their children in the wilderness, Walk ye not in the statutes of your fathers, neither observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols:

Ezekiel 20:19 KJB - I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;

Ezekiel 20:20 KJB - And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

Ezekiel 20:21 KJB - Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

Ezekiel 20:22 KJB - Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth.

Ezekiel 20:23 KJB - I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries;

Ezekiel 20:24 KJB - Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols.

Ezekiel 20:25 KJB - Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

Ezekiel 20:26 KJB - And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:11 KJB - So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

sware in my wrath”, “lifted up my hand”; see: Numbers 14:21,23,28-35, 20:24, 32:10-13; Deuteronomy 1:34-39; Joshua 5:6; Psalms 78:21,31, 106:6-33; Ezekiel 20:13,15,21,23 KJB​

rest” = [G2663] “καταπαυσιν”, “katapausin”

The “my [God's] rest”, refers to the 7th day of Genesis 2:1-3 KJB in which God rested/sabbathed from all His works which He created and made, and blessed and sanctified it. See also Exodus 20:8-11; Exodus 31:12-18 KJB.

Citing:

Psalms 95:11 KJB - Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.​

rest” = [H4496] “מנוחתי׃”, “m'nûchätiy”​

Total KJB Occurrences: 22

rest, 16

Genesis 49:15; Ruth 1:9 (2); 1 Kings 8:56; 1 Chronicles 22:9, 28:2; Psalms 95:11, 132:7-8 (2),14; Isaiah 11:10, 28:12, 66:1; Jeremiah 45:3; Micah 2:10; Zechariah 9:1​

resting, 2

Numbers 10:33; Isaiah 32:18​

comfortable, 1

2 Samuel 14:17​

ease, 1

Judges 20:43​

quiet, 1

Jeremiah 51:59​

still, 1

Psalms 23:2​

from [H4495] “מָנוֹחַ”, “mânôach”,​

from [H4494] “מָנוֹחַ”, “mânôach” [see also Genesis 8:9; Deuteronomy 28:65; 1 Chronicles 6:31 KJB],​

from [H5117] “נוּחַ”, “nûach” [see also Exodus 20:11, 23:12, 33:14; Numbers 10:36; Deuteronomy 3:20, 5:14, 12:10, 25:19; Joshua 1:13,15, 21:44, 22:4, 23:1; 2 Samuel 7:1,11; 1 Kings 5:4; 1 Chronicles 22:9,18, 23:25; 2 Chronicles 14:6-7, 15:15, 20:30; Nehemiah 9:28; Isaiah 14:3, 28:12, 63:14; Lamentations 5:5 KJB]​

There are several “rests” included in these words.​

[1] a place of resting, of settling down, stopping from wandering to settle, along the lines of :

1 Chronicles 6:31 KJB - And these are they whom David set over the service of song in the house of the LORD, after that the ark had rest.

1 Chronicles 28:2 KJB - Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:

Psalms 23:2 KJB - He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psalms 132:8 KJB - Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.

Psalms 132:14 KJB - This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Isaiah 66:1 KJB - Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Acts 7:49 KJB - Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?​

[2] a freedom from enemies and war and persecution, in the promised land of Canaan, peace and tranquility along the lines of:​

Deuteronomy 3:20 KJB - Until the LORD have given rest unto your brethren, as well as unto you, and until they also possess the land which the LORD your God hath given them beyond Jordan: and then shall ye return every man unto his possession, which I have given you.

Deuteronomy 12:10 KJB - But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;

Deuteronomy 25:19 KJB - Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.

Joshua 1:13 KJB - Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, saying, The LORD your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land.

Joshua 1:15 KJB - Until the LORD have given your brethren rest, as he hath given you, and they also have possessed the land which the LORD your God giveth them: then ye shall return unto the land of your possession, and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD'S servant gave you on this side Jordan toward the sunrising.

Joshua 21:43 KJB - And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

Joshua 21:44 KJB - And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

Joshua 22:4 KJB - And now the LORD your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side Jordan.

Joshua 23:1 KJB - And it came to pass a long time after that the LORD had given rest unto Israel from all their enemies round about, that Joshua waxed old and stricken in age.

2 Samuel 7:1 KJB - And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies;

2 Samuel 7:11 KJB - And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

1 Kings 5:3 KJB - Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the LORD his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the LORD put them under the soles of his feet.

1 Kings 5:4 KJB - But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.

1 Kings 8:56 KJB - Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

1 Chronicles 22:9 KJB - Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

1 Chronicles 22:18 KJB - Is not the LORD your God with you? and hath he not given you rest on every side? for he hath given the inhabitants of the land into mine hand; and the land is subdued before the LORD, and before his people.

1 Chronicles 23:25 KJB - For David said, The LORD God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever:

1 Chronicles 23:26 KJB - And also unto the Levites; they shall no more carry the tabernacle, nor any vessels of it for the service thereof.

2 Chronicles 14:6 KJB - And he built fenced cities in Judah: for the land had rest, and he had no war in those years; because the LORD had given him rest.

2 Chronicles 14:7 KJB - Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.

2 Chronicles 15:15 KJB - And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about.

2 Chronicles 20:30 KJB - So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.

Nehemiah 9:28 KJB - But after they had rest, they did evil again before thee: therefore leftest thou them in the hand of their enemies, so that they had the dominion over them: yet when they returned, and cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and many times didst thou deliver them according to thy mercies;

Esther 9:22 KJB - As the days wherein the Jews rested from their enemies, and the month which was turned unto them from sorrow to joy, and from mourning into a good day: that they should make them days of feasting and joy, and of sending portions one to another, and gifts to the poor.

Isaiah 14:7 KJB - The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Isaiah 63:11 KJB - Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

Isaiah 63:12 KJB - That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

Isaiah 63:13 KJB - That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?

Isaiah 63:14 KJB - As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

Acts 9:31 KJB - Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:11 KJB - So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

... continued ...

[3]
a cessation from labour or work, freedom from slavery/bondage, to effectively sabbath, along the lines of:​

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exodus 23:12 KJB - Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

Exodus 31:17 KJB - It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Side note - “rested” = [H7673], “שׁבת”, “shabat”​

Deuteronomy 5:14 KJB - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Isaiah 14:3 KJB - And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,

Luke 23:56 KJB - And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Side note - “rested” = [G2270] “ησυχασαν”, “hesuchasan”​

Revelation 14:13 KJB - And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.​

[4] cessation from sin/sinning

Exodus 33:14 KJB - And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Isaiah 11:10 KJB - And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Jeremiah 6:16 KJB - Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Jeremiah 6:19 KJB - Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

Matthew 11:28 KJB - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:29 KJB - Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 11:30 KJB - For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.​

See also:

Hebrews 4:3 KJB - For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

rest” = [G2663] “καταπαυσιν”, “katapausin”

Notice the connection of actual and true Sabbath-keeping with faith. It is necessary to have faith, to believe that the “works” were “finished” from the foundation of the world, for all who do not believe, attempt to maintain their own evil works, through unbelief, inspite of God's good works.

Hebrews 11:6 KJB - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Isaiah 58:13 KJB - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

1 John 3:22 KJB - And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

John 7:7 KJB - The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

1 John 3:12 KJB - Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Psalms 141:4 KJB - Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.​

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:12 KJB - Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

The peoples Israel of old are given as a warning to us, spiritual Israel of to day, in matters of faith and doubt [unbelief], for through doubt comes sin [Romans 14:23 KJB], and all sin, is transgression against God and His Law [1 John 3:4 KJB]:

1 Corinthians 10:1 KJB - Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

1 Corinthians 10:2 KJB - And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

1 Corinthians 10:3 KJB - And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1 Corinthians 10:4 KJB - And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:5 KJB - But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

1 Corinthians 10:6 KJB - Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

1 Corinthians 10:7 KJB - Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

1 Corinthians 10:8 KJB - Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

1 Corinthians 10:9 KJB - Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also temed, and were destroyed of serpents.

1 Corinthians 10:10 KJB - Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

1 Corinthians 10:11 KJB - Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

1 Corinthians 10:12 KJB - Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJB - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3:13 KJB - But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

The “to day” is not a single moment in time, but a length of time of God's grace. In other words, the “to day” is the “day” of Grace which is extended for a period of time, known unto God. Probation for mankind, “to day”, is only open so long as Christ Jesus is ministering in the Heavenly sanctuary [Daniel 12:1; Luke 13:25; Revelation 8:1; Revelation 8:5, 10:7, 15:8, 22:11 KJB], the “true Tabernacle” which God pitched and not man.

The ARK of the Covenant HAS BEEN FOUND since AD 1844! The Sabbath Commandment [Ex. 20:8-11] is seen!

However, once Jesus is “finished” [Revelation 10:7 KJB] with this the Day of Atonement, there is no more opportunity to enter in. The door will be shut forever [Genesis 7:16, 19:10; Matthew 24:36-39; Luke 17:26-30], and then falls unmingled wrath, the 7 last plagues.

Romans 14:23 KJB - “... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”

1 John 3:4 KJB - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.​

Upvote 0