California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wondered the following in another thread and it was kind of drifting off topic, so I am giving it a realm of is own!:

Galatians 6:8
"For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

2 Corinthians 9:6
"But this I say, He which sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully."

Will this be true in "heaven" as well?

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wondered the following in another thread and it was kind of drifting off topic, so I am giving it a realm of is own!:

"For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

"But this I say, He which sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully."

You need to study the sanctuary in the bible to answer your question.

Jesus is our High priest

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Psalm 77:13
Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Here are both verses in their entirety. If you notice the context of sowing is different.

Gal 6:6Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. 7Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 10So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

====================
1 Cor 9:6The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiencye in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 9As it is written,

“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever.”

10He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. 11You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. 12For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. 13By their approval of this service, theyf will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, 14while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. 15Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You need to study the sanctuary in the bible to answer your question.

Jesus is our High priest

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Psalm 77:13
Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Hebrews 8
"1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who ministers in the sanctuary and true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man 3And since every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, it was necessary for this One also to have something to offer. 4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests to offer gifts according to the Law. 5The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: 'See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.'"

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here are both verses in their entirety. If you notice the context of sowing is different.

Gal 6:6Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. 7Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 10So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

====================
1 Cor 9:6The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiencye in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 9As it is written,

“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever.”

10He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. 11You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. 12For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. 13By their approval of this service, theyf will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, 14while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. 15Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!

So, in the new heavens and the new earth, will this law be in effect?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think there will be any need for the law. I don't think we'll sin.

Psalm 19
"6It rises at one end of the heavens and runs its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth. 7The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul;the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8The precepts of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart; the commandments of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes."

So what was once perfect and radiant will be done away with?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 19
"6It rises at one end of the heavens and runs its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth. 7The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul;the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8The precepts of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart; the commandments of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes."

So what was once perfect and radiant will be done away with?
Will the law be reviving your soul in heaven?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums