• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Heavenly Rewards Hope

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by Aimz, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Aimz

Aimz member with autism Supporter

+201
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    My faith is steady and I am working hard on my love because it is my weakest but my hope has been lacking lately too so I decided to go through the beatitudes and the letters to the churches in Revelation and make a list of Heavenly rewards to keep me hopeful and motivated. If I have missed some out, which is inevitable, please let me know rewards, chapter and verse! Thanks!
    1. Eternal life with the Father
    2. Enter the kingdom of Heaven
    3. Blessed
    4. Comforted
    5. Inherit the earth
    6. Satisfied
    7. Shown mercy
    8. See God
    9. Called God’s children
    10. Inherit the kingdom of heaven
    11. Eat from the tree of life
    12. Enter the city gates
    13. Drink from the water of life
    14. Eternal day
    15. Crown
    16. Throne
    17. Sit on Jesus’ throne
    18. Reign with Jesus for a thousand years
    19. Judge the nations
    20. Called Priests of God
    21. Name never removed from the book of life
    22. A new name
    23. A white stone
    24. A white robe
    25. Invitation to the wedding feast
    26. Not hurt by the second death
    27. Hidden manna
    28. The morning star

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,571
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    How about just being in His presence with Him being pleased with you? Psalms 16:10-11; Psalms 17:15; Colossians 1:10. Instead of just looking at what you get out of your relationship with God, why not look at what God gets out of his relationship with You? Is it all about You, and how He manifests His love for you, rewarding you? Will you really benefit the most you can in such a relationship? Of course not. Why not find Him more pleased with you, because you are willing to turn your focus off the rewards He will give you, and show that you love Him just for His own sake, and not just for what You can get out of Him. Why not be a breath of fresh air to Him, and put the focus where it rightly should be, on Him, not you? Oh, how blessed you would then be for having such faith, "such as He has not seen in Israel". Be like the Samaritan leper that returned to give thanks for healing, and not like the nine that didn't.
    Instead of thinking about what You receive from God, think about the pleasure God can receive from You. Father, my prayer is that You will help this one to see that You Yourself is our greatest reward, not what You bestow upon us. Nothing is greater than You, and we have You as our Creator, God, and Father, if we have Christ as our Savior and Lord.

3. Aimz

+201
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hello Greg,

I can see your point but I think you have misunderstood mine a bit I will try to explain mine better hopefully! I have recently been doubting my assurance in Christ my hope was really diminished but thanks to some wonderful people on here who prayed with me and showed me Scripture passages highlighting that Christ has redeemed me and not by any contribution from myself I got my assurance of eternal life back with Him.

This exercise was to be a reminder to me for when my hope fails again the good news of how beautful heaven on earth will be and stuff. In a way it is about me, me keeping the hope to endure during dry times like He asks of all of us but it is not all about me because I am nothing without Him and I really do realise this. I know I am not the only one to neglect hope so I posted to encourage others. Faith, hope and love or charity as it is sometimes translated. My faith is steady, my love and charity needs work, my hope was neglected. This helped me to rekindle it.

I hope this has explained my reasoning and purpose for posting better. I enjoy Him and His blessings now of course and am very thankful and enabled by the Spirit more and more every day to express my thanks in His approved way.

I also like making lists!

Take care and all the best,
    Aimz.

4. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,571
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Dear Aimz,
    Appreciate your response. I wasn't attacking you, and was also writing for others that might read this, that both you and them would benefit. I am glad that you believe in eternal security, and are assured of His constant love for you. Yes we do get in times of our lives where we need help with our focus. I understand that. Sometimes I like to try to open the view of the "big picture" a little wider for people to see a little more if they will. I am glad you are doing well, and wish you all His best.

5. Aimz

+201
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hi again,

You are welcome, you are right to open it up for others. I know I am not the best at clarifying so I thought I should do that just in case but I am glad I did not need to.

Thank you!
    Take care and all the best,
    Aimz.