Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was reading Genesis today and was amazed. The past few days, I've been trying to think about where Heaven exactly is. Jesus ascended upward, but to where? Is it beyond our universe? The bible says that God can span the entire universe with his fingers. The universe is so unfathomably gigantic to use, but to God, it can fit in His hand.

I think about this when I'm going through a tough situation. My mountain might seem big to me, but I have the Creator of the universe on my side. But God resides in this Heaven. Maybe the universe is Heaven, but a different realm, invisible to us until we cross that plain.

What are your thoughts? Do you ever think about these things?

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do think and wonder about what heaven will be like sometimes. I've always adored C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series, so I've always imagined heaven to be similar to Lewis' take on it in The Last Battle, basically just everything good and lovely in the world, all of the good things in life that our hearts and souls have always yearned for, never-ending perfect fellowship with Jesus IN PERSON, and it just keeps getting better and better, with more and more surprises of wonderful things! Basically, I think heaven will be everything wonderful! We'll arrive and feel this sense of "home" right away, because it's the place we were meant to be!

:love:

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was a kid I thought heaven was on top of the universe. The place was so big that it could stretch across the whole thing. The separation between heaven and the universe was like the earth's crust. Still a cool image when I think about it today.

I always thought heaven a the place where you were always happy all the time. The happiness was unimaginable, it was pure bliss 24/7. Everyone got a house in heaven, but what you got depended on how good of a person you were on earth. Some people had small homes, some had castles, and some were even homeless. Yet, even the homeless had unimaginable joy in their hearts.

Sigh, would be nice if such a place existed.

Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

I was reading Genesis today and was amazed. The past few days, I've been trying to think about where Heaven exactly is. Jesus ascended upward, but to where? Is it beyond our universe? The bible says that God can span the entire universe with his fingers. The universe is so unfathomably gigantic to use, but to God, it can fit in His hand.

I think about this when I'm going through a tough situation. My mountain might seem big to me, but I have the Creator of the universe on my side. But God resides in this Heaven. Maybe the universe is Heaven, but a different realm, invisible to us until we cross that plain.

What are your thoughts? Do you ever think about these things?

I've always thought of heaven being just beyond our universe, and that Jesus ascending through it may have been like if you or I opened the flap on an ant farm and took out a single ant, if that makes sense. It's the kind of mental picture that doesn't translate into words very well.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heaven is being with God. The word "where" doesn't really apply. You don't have to wait until you die to experience it, although after your flesh has passed away you will be able to experience it more freely and completely.

QFT

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God is outside of time as he created time as we know it, by setting the stars and the sun and planets in motion, and we know from 2 Peter 3:8
[QUOTE = ESV 2 Peter 3:8] "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." [/QUOTE]

And he also created the planets, the stars, the sun, and everything else. He exists outside of space as well.

So you ask where is Heaven? It is beyond time and space, outside of it, beyond the knowable universe. The actually place in relation to us is irrelevant.
We know it is where the presence of God is most fully found.

At least that's as best as my feeble mind tries to comprehend it. I would say this is one place where science fiction can help, opening the mind to the possibility of thinking beyond known thought, into the unknown, for that is truly what Heaven is, nothing we can know.

And, it's also found in a cornfield in Iowa, that's been turned into a ball-field.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-B5cyfK6A

Upvote 0

Zippy the Wonderslug

Jun 6, 2015
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
The Kingdom of God is not a million miles away and it certainly isn't somewhere beyond time or at the end of our life.

We live with the Kingdom very, very close, but we're still, as it were, teetering.

And sometimes God comes and breaks through from the other side.

And essentially there you have the mysteries of the church, protruding into our dimension from the Kingdom of Heaven.

Baptism, Eucharist, Confession, Chrismation and the others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe Heaven is indeed a real place transcended by God. He provides the light for this place. I believe its a place because Jesus Himself spoke about it. He said there are many mansions there and He goes to prepare a place for us. Just as Abrahams Bosom was a place and you could look out and see hell, as per Lazarus and the rich man. Jesus ascended to this place...He didnt just disappear and was there. Plus many people have died and gone to heaven and remember being pulled through a tunnnel of sorts. It has gates and inhabits a throne, a sea of glass (purest of pure gold) and inhabits the innumerable angels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums