Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, just thought I'd ask if anyone here has ever read or listened to testimonies of people who have had NDEs (Near Death Experiences) or just experienced being taken to Heaven or Hell by Jesus Himself or an angel, and if you have read or seen these testimonies I'd love to hear your opinions on them and hear where you saw them so I could watch or listen and then talk about it.

Hope you're having a good day and I look forward to your responses :)

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do not believe them, God has given our age the complete Bible (Old and New) as the testimony to what God whats us to know about God, Jesus, heaven, creation, eternal life, hell, etc....
There is no current new revelation being given by God the revelation has been given.

• Agree
Reactions: ac28
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
  • Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Do not believe them, God has given our age the complete Bible (Old and New) as the testimony to what God whats us to know about God, Jesus, heaven, creation, eternal life, hell, etc....
There is no current new revelation being given by God the revelation has been given.
Are you saying that it is out of God's ability to give people experiences of the afterlife? Or are you saying that is impossible to have an NDE? Please explain.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow I just finished reading the testimony. It lines up with every testimony I've read about Hell so it's safe to say that I believe it to be 100% biblical.
What has always struck me the most about her testimony is the description of souls in Hell experiencing intense hatred, bitterness, and anger at God. That makes sense. God does not toss us in. We basically send ourselves there.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that it is out of God's ability to give people experiences of the afterlife? Or are you saying that is impossible to have an NDE? Please explain.
I am saying there is no new revelation from God, God with the writing of Revelation and the dying of the last Apostle has stopped any new communications.

So if someone says they died and went to heaven and then start telling people about heaven or their experience.
I do not believe that they went to heaven and i do not believe what they say about the heaven they went to

• Agree
Reactions: ac28
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
What has always struck me the most about her testimony is the description of souls in Hell experiencing intense hatred, bitterness, and anger at God. That makes sense. God does not toss us in. We basically send ourselves there.
Ya that's pretty sad. It's really a sad and horrible place which is why I want to be more courageous to talk to others about Christ so that they can go to Heaven and not Hell. While it is true that people go to Hell for their own actions people go to Heaven for the action that Jesus did in dying for our sins. I just hope more and more people come to know Christ and go to Heaven.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya that's pretty sad. It's really a sad and horrible place which is why I want to be more courageous to talk to others about Christ so that they can go to Heaven and not Hell. While it is true that people go to Hell for their own actions people go to Heaven for the action that Jesus did in dying for our sins. I just hope more and more people come to know Christ and go to Heaven.
You have a good heart. One thing that I do now, because I stink at personal evangelism and am very shy, is to write "Follow Christ!" and a cross on a napkin when I leave restaurants and gas stations and stuff. At least, with God's help, someone might read it, and get started in the right direction.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I am saying there is no new revelation from God, God with the writing of Revelation and the dying of the last Apostle has stopped any new communications.

So if someone says they died and went to heaven and then start telling people about heaven or their experience.
I do not believe that they went to heaven and i do not believe what they say about the heaven they went to
While I do respect your opinion to be cautious of who to believe when it comes to NDE's I would be careful to limit God by saying He couldn't send someone who has died back to Earth to come back to life. I mean if you are so set on The Bible being the final say what about when The Bible confirms these experiences as being possible and even true:

Luke 16:31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"

And I hope I don't have to reference all the times Jesus brought people back from the dead, and even Elijah through the power of God brought someone back from the dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You have a good heart. One thing that I do now, because I stink at personal evangelism and am very shy, is to write "Follow Christ!" and a cross on a napkin when I leave restaurants and gas stations and stuff. At least, with God's help, someone might read it, and get started in the right direction.
Hey that's pretty cool. Jesus sees everything we do, even the little things and that right there is an example of you planting seeds, so right on! May God bless the seeds you plant and help them to reach others :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
While I do respect your opinion to be cautious of who to believe when it comes to NDE's I would be careful to limit God by saying He couldn't send someone who has died back to Earth to come back to life. I mean if you are so set on The Bible being the final say what about when The Bible confirms these experiences as being possible and even true:

Luke 16:31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"

And I hope I don't have to reference all the times Jesus brought people back from the dead, and even Elijah through the power of God brought someone back from the dead.

Where did i say God could not, God if He wanted to could send Moses down from heaven tomorrow.
But God clearly has an organized plan and the Bible is the source of what that plan is.

Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that God will use people coming back from death to teach/tell people about heaven.

It is interesting how God's gift of truth, the Bible, is just not enough for people.
I guess that in a way reflects Adams sin, He had the Garden of Eden but that was not enough and you see what that got Him.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I guess that in a way reflects Adams sin, He had the Garden of Eden but that was not enough and you see what that got Him.

I really hope you're not comparing people's desire to know what has happened to people after they died to the original sin, because if so I really have no response for that...

Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are thousands of testimonies on nderf.org and I've only read a handful of them. It's interesting because it is very common for near death experiencers to say they saw a figure that looks human but is made of light. Depending on the person they often interpret who this entity is to be different from each other. But many many people see this entity.

I had a dream a long time ago, before I really delved into near death experiences. In the dream I was talking to God but couldn't see Him. Then when He asked if I wanted to talk to His son, I said "sure". Then I looked to my left, which was God's right hand side, and there sitting on a throne was light in the shape of a man. I knew that it was Jesus Christ in my dream.

I just thought it was interesting that even though I have never had a near death experience, that many people see the same thing. Even in the Bible Jesus calls himself the light of the world.

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
There are thousands of testimonies on nderf.org and I've only read a handful of them. It's interesting because it is very common for near death experiencers to say they saw a figure that looks human but is made of light. Depending on the person they often interpret who this entity is to be different from each other. But many many people see this entity.

I had a dream a long time ago, before I really delved into near death experiences. In the dream I was talking to God but couldn't see Him. Then when He asked if I wanted to talk to His son, I said "sure". Then I looked to my left, which was God's right hand side, and there sitting on a throne was light in the shape of a man. I knew that it was Jesus Christ in my dream.

I just thought it was interesting that even though I have never had a near death experience, that many people see the same thing. Even in the Bible Jesus calls himself the light of the world.

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
Wow sea5763 that is so beautiful a testimony, thank you so much for sharing that dream! It was almost as if I could see what it is you saw by your description, very easy to visualize once again thank you =)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wow sea5763 that is so beautiful a testimony, thank you so much for sharing that dream! It was almost as if I could see what it is you saw by your description, very easy to visualize once again thank you =)

You're welcome :)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for posting about your dream.

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven." "And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)" II Cor 12:2-3

Some of the NDE's are questionable to me but believe Don Piper's report.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God is not contained in the Bible alone. God lives in us and outside the pages of the Bible. Anything is possible with God. The Bible is the most misinterpreted book in the whole world.

If God wants to show us Heaven etc then He will. I believe He has done this with thousands of people since early times.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't have NDE Experience but I had a dream before when I was unbeliever...Angels were talking to me that they work in the time of war before during old testament, then I said to them I want to see God and there was a light appeared that I cannot look properly.

2nd dream I had after 7 days...I saw Jesus saved woman's soul...there was a message in front of me JESUS SAVED..

I shared this dream to my cell group leader before, 4 years ago, then he said to me it was not true, it was from the Devil...he thought that I might build a church for my own religion...and he said all those NDE's and dream seeing Light or about seeing Jesus in dream are not true, he said no one has seen God....

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have NDE Experience but I had a dream before when I was unbeliever...Angels were talking to me that they work in the time of war before during old testament, then I said to them I want to see God and there was a light appeared that I cannot look properly.

2nd dream I had after 7 days...I saw Jesus saved woman's soul...there was a message in front of me JESUS SAVED..

I shared this dream to my cell group leader before, 4 years ago, then he said to me it was not true, it was from the Devil...he thought that I might build a church for my own religion...and he said all those NDE's and dream seeing Light or about seeing Jesus in dream are not true, he said no one has seen God....
Aldrin I want you to know that NO those do not sound like dreams from the devil. The statement that no one has seen God is false. Ignore that statement who are they to claim to know what is and is not of God. Your dreams did not contradict scripture so I’m not sure what they are basing their assumption on. Anyways thank you for sharing! Those dreams sounded cool and special to add to your collection of encounters with God and His angels

• Agree
Upvote 0