provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Leviticus 26:19 God describes the punishment of those that turn from keeping His commands as:

I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass

But in Deuteronomy 28:23, God switches up the order, says:

And your heaven that is over your head shall be brass, and the earth that is under you shall be iron.

Why is it like this?

Blessings

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a message to Israel (not the Church) as God's covenant people of olden times. If they obeyed and honored God they would be blessed, but would face trouble and chastisement if they went contrary to God's purposes and instructions. He blessed them for obedience and honor and faith, and otherwise face judgment and God's wrath. Note that in the future as shown in the NT, God will restore Israel as a nation, but in the OT, they must humble themselves.

We need to concentrate on the New Testament to know the mind and ways of God for us today (read John 14 prayerfully). The Church ("bride of Christ) will not be punished, but FORFEIT blessings and care for their failures to hold "all the counsel of God" in this age. Those today who try to follow Christian teaching but without the Savior ---the Lord Jesus in their heart, will not always be punished now, but will not be in the Kingdom of God. We need to study and pray over the New Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In Leviticus 26:19 God describes the punishment of those that turn from keeping His commands as:

I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass

But in Deuteronomy 28:23, God switches up the order, says:

And your heaven that is over your head shall be brass, and the earth that is under you shall be iron.

Why is it like this?

Blessings

I don't think the order is of any significance. Symbolically iron and brass denotes an impure character, Ezekiel 22:20

Upvote 0