newburgh
✟113,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is it like to be in Heaven? There is nothing along the lines of the old Fodor’s Travel Guides telling us what to see and do when we get there. And the descriptions given in the Bible are sparse. Revelation 22:1-2 describes a “river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month.” Jesus in John 14:2, says, “In my Father’s house are many rooms.”

Who else is in heaven aside from God and Jesus? Revelation 7:9 describes “a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands...” Some cynics might say that this would also describe the scene in a Motor Vehicle office!

So what can we expect at this point? We can expect a place where there are trees bearing fruit, on either side of a street with a river that runs through it, a house with many rooms, and a lot of people standing around looking toward the Throne of God. And of the people that are admitted, would there be any use there for, say, accountants, or doctors? Seems that singers would be held in high regard. ‘This way, Ms. Turner!’ So would musicians. ‘Play us another around of Bolero, Jeff Beck!’

What we are told about Heaven, to the extent the Bible describes it, is it’s a better place to spend eternity in than in Hell, regardless of what there is or may not be there to do in Heaven. Worse comes to worse, I guess, it’s better to stand around toward God’s Throne than to stand in the Lake of Fire for eternity. And I guess the event of the day is when additional souls are admitted, and those who are already there may crowd around to see if it’s anyone they know; then they go back to standing around, waiting for the next batch. And I guess the doctor who lost patients and who shows up later may hope those patients who are in Heaven before him don’t recognize him and say, ‘There he is! Get him!’

Seems that at the end of the day, we don’t know what there is to do in Heaven to occupy ourselves. Maybe, as with other things in Heaven, we just won’t know until we get there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Clare73