• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

heartburn

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What do you do for heartburn? Do you use natural remedies? I was at a job at the hospital and I had a lot of heartburn, gas and burping. I have found out that baking soda in water can help, as do turmeric and ginger.
Hi Jan, I have heartburn because of bronchiectasis, (Lung disease...coughing) and I take 'Arm and Hammer' Bicarbonate of soda. Half a teaspoon in cold water, morning and evening...I usually have some as required, not all at once, it lasts all day. Perfectly safe and safer than the chemical alternatives (PPIs) ginger etc is good...

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have suffered from a lot of heartburn and I agree with the above post. Also, try to change your diet if possible. Less fat, less sugar, less dairy, and more vegetables. That helped a lot for me. And try and relax whenever you have the chance, to get stress out of your system. Getting exercise is also good.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Heartburn is actually a lack of stomach acid and digestive enzymes in your body. That burning feeling you have is actually the food in your stomach fermenting instead of breaking down. Get a bottle of Organic apple cider vinegar(shake well) The next time you have that burning sensation take a few sips and see if it helps. If it does take a few more sips. To get your body back on track get a bottle of Betaine HCI which is stomach acid and a bottle of digestive enzymes. Take one of each after breakfast and one of each just after eating dinner. Bye a quality brand. From now on eat your vegetables at the end of your meal since they are loaded with digestive enzymes. Stop eating junk food if you are. After you eat you can also milk your saliva glands and each time you have a mouthful swallow it. Saliva aids in the digestive process. Baking soda is great for a stomach ache but wont help in the long run for healing heartburn. Consider getting more amino acids into your system. Bee pollen granules have all of the essential amino acids and a lot more. Absolutely an amazing food! I would say its definitely in the top 10 of Gods amazing creations...
One teaspoon twice a day or more if you like it. Chew it up in your mouth followed by some water.
Bee Pollen Granules- 100% Pure Fresh Raw Bee Pollen

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
Hi

I get this a lot, if it's a recurring problem see your doctor. They sent me for an endoscopy (which wasn't too bad) and it turns out I have hiatus hernia.
Hiatus hernia symptoms and treatments

I was given esomeprazole on prescription but have stopped taking it. I was told by a friend who used to work at a Medical Research Institute that it has been linked to neurological disorders, so I asked my doctor who said that this was true. I now use ranitidine several times a week which I have been told doesn't have serious side effects. Before taking it, I usually have a glass of milk as it's a natural antacid, and often is all I need to take. I'll use the ranitidine if that doesn't work. I have tried baking soda but it makes me feel sick (it's revolting!). I've not tried turmeric or ginger though.

Upvote 0

Thomas1987

Feb 4, 2018
Ivano-Frankivsk
✟10,352.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you do for heartburn? Do you use natural remedies? I was at a job at the hospital and I had a lot of heartburn, gas and burping. I have found out that baking soda in water can help, as do turmeric and ginger.
Stop consuming carbs for heartburn but that's not important , most important thing is that your acid in your stomach is too alkaline and you need to make it acid to stop reflux so you need to drink Apple Cider Vinegar , put 2 tbs in cup of water with lemon if you like and just drink it before meal .

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Stop consuming carbs for heartburn but that's not important , most important thing is that your acid in your stomach is too alkaline and you need to make it acid to stop reflux so you need to drink Apple Cider Vinegar , put 2 tbs in cup of water with lemon if you like and just drink it before meal .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums