Heartbreaking Video Shows Father Begging Girlfriend Not to Have Abortion: Please Don’t Kill Our Baby

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The two are not comparable in that way. The pro-life side believes in something called a soul without empirical evidence to be able to prove its existence. And they demand that everybody accept such a notion without evidential proof.
Do you believe in "something called a soul"? What empirical evidence is their that proves you have a soul?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The human personhood of infants, the elderly, the disabled and infirm is not a scientific fact. It is a religious or philosophical notion.

We're going to try because it's the right thing to do. Why should Christians have a problem with trying to impose their views when secularist naturalists who deny all supernatural ideas (like yourself) try to do the exact same thing with their ideology?
Really? Are you suggesting that the elderly, disabled, and infirm do not have personhood because it is not scientifically proven. What scientific proof is there that proves you have human personhood?

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A heart or a lung is also human and has being, but it isn't a person. Personhood is really a philosophical or legal concept.

Of course... but if we are delving into history, I don't think the history of the debate about abortion is nearly as morally unambiguous as you presume.
How do you define "personhood"?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Really? Are you suggesting that the elderly, disabled, and infirm do not have personhood because it is not scientifically proven. What scientific proof is there that proves you have human personhood?
My comment was meant to critique firedragon's comment on the nature of person hood being purely a philosophical or religious matter. He seems to think this makes the position of pro-lifers invalid since it is not scientifically proven, yet from his own position we must conclude that not only are the unborn to be determined inhuman or not persons but potentially other categories of people are as well.

What for instance makes a baby a person? They can't reason. They are totally dependent on parents or adults to care for them. Why can't they be treated like fetuses we wish to abort on this view?

I do not believe babies, the old and infirm are not human or not persons.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if that would have been you?
Do things change then?
How do you know it wasn't you? What if a few or your bodies were aborted before you got one that wasn't? Is this beyond the realm of possibility?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My comment was meant to critique firedragon's comment on the nature of person hood being purely a philosophical or religious matter. He seems to think this makes the position of pro-lifers invalid since it is not scientifically proven, yet from his own position we must conclude that not only are the unborn to be determined inhuman or not persons but potentially other categories of people are as well.

What for instance makes a baby a person? They can't reason. They are totally dependent on parents or adults to care for them. Why can't they be treated like fetuses we wish to abort on this view?

I do not believe babies, the old and infirm are not human or not persons.
Okay, I guess I was a little confused with your post. When I here come of the comments being made by some Christians on this site, I begin to wonder what the word "Christian" even mean anymore. For the record, I am not accusing anyone for not being a Christian.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How do you know it wasn't you? What if a few or your bodies were aborted before you got one that wasn't? Is this beyond the realm of possibility?

Kind of reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.

I believe in The Bible.
Proven history.

M-Bob

M-Bob

• Prayers
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
None of us knows anything about the relationship between these two other than these fifteen seconds of audio. What brought them to this moment?

We are all so quick to write their story labeling one as hero and one as villain, but none of us knows.

What caused the total breakdown in communications that led to this moment?

I am praying for both of them, for healing and the grace to learn how to handle interpersonal relationships more effectively.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟106,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
For me,it all comes down to #6.Thou shall not murder.Murder is the taking of an innocent life.It is the act,not the means.Handgun or suction,shedding of innocent blood is murder in our Creator's eyes.It's the sin of murder,whether a mother killing her pre born baby,or a guy shooting an old lady for her purse that is the offense,not the method of which the sin is carried out.So the banning of guns vs. the banning of abortion is moot.What really must happen is for the Bride of Christ to quit hiding her light and become the salt and light we were meant to be.
Salt is a preservative,light ends darkness.The church has really dropped the ball on what we are commanded to do....then are saddened at the darkness in the world.
There is a reason why Christians are not persecuted today as they were in N.T. times.
It's because we aren't DOERS of the word,except the easy stuff...like assembling together,tithing,etc.
For example,how many of us go to the mills and try to save lives regularly?(Blessings to those who do) How many of us show up at city and state council meetings,etc. in the name of Jesus and represent God's sovereignty over all,which is what our laws were originally based on in the first place?
Unbelievers don't want to be told what to do and how to live,by God or anyone.They are rebels/Adams.That's why they reject God,and why they HATE God.
It's our job as believers to show them the commands they ignore,then share the GOOD News.That's biblical.
When we all start doing that......Can you imagine what will happen?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Human personhood of embyros and fetuses is not a scientific fact. It is a religious or philosophical notion.

Have you ever sat through a basic Biology class? I ask because your comment forcefully implies you never did.

• Agree
Upvote 0

dms1972

Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟593,863.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The two are not comparable in that way. The pro-life side believes in something called a soul without empirical evidence to be able to prove its existence. And they demand that everybody accept such a notion without evidential proof.

Says a Lutheran! I suppose Luther rolled in the scientific proof of the soul everytime he preached to unbelievers, or did he maybe just believe the Bible to be true, and preach God's Word, which says we have a soul?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever sat through a basic Biology class? I ask because your comment forcefully implies you never did.
Hey, it takes a lot of years of university to undo all the common sense.

• Haha
Upvote 0

dms1972

Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟593,863.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Its being or not being a scientific fact is a non-issue, they can at least know that it may exist. If they cannot subscribe to the existence of the soul on philosophical grounds, and insist on looking for it with a microscope, then they are in error. Basically within the field of knowledge in which it can be understood that is the realm we are required to seek for the soul's existence. I don't complain that the planets are not detectable when I do psychology, neither should people claim bio-chemistry should prove the soul. The visible is the proof of the invisible, the smile or look of contentment on a baby's face in a 4D ultrasound is the proof. They don't have to be christians to believe in the soul.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who are these “scholars” which deny the person of Christ Jesus?

Good question.

You're really going to enforce a view of human personhood upon society based on an interpretation of a religious text that most biblical scholars do not believe has any evidentiary, positive historical value?

I think you made that up, but understandably, because you don't win the killing side of an argument on murdering babies with the truth.

Still, I think it fair to offer you the chance to show us those stats that prove the "most" part of your claim.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Says a Lutheran! I suppose Luther rolled in the scientific proof of the soul everytime he preached to unbelievers, or did he maybe just believe the Bible to be true, and preach God's Word, which says we have a soul?

Secular society cannot be ruled by religious doctrines.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Secular society cannot be ruled by religious doctrines.

:confused:

Where do you think the doctrine that contains "Thou shalt not kill." came from?

And that's just to name one that secular society absolutely IS ruled by.

:rolleyes:

• Agree
Upvote 0