Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
THIS is major. We are admonished to "guard" our hearts", and for good reason. The enemy goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour, and he does this many times through our hearts. He did so with Eve in a garden a long long time ago. He "won" her heart, so to speak, and that was because she did not "guard" her heart. That is why she even gave "ear" to that ol' serpent hissin' in her ear. He does the same to us. He comes in many forms, and sometimes in the form of words that our ears are "itchin'" for (through Pastors sometimes-wolves in sheep's clothing), or even through our families and loved ones and friends. He can also come as an "angel of light.

God however, KNOWS this, and that is why He has admonished us to "guard our hearts". He KNOWS us.

Thank you for this riveting and thought-provoking reminder, study, and meditation this morning.

God bless you.

Reactions: Quasiblogo
Upvote 0

Bob Wille

Aug 27, 2019
Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a quote I am apply to you.
(It was incorrectly attributed to St. Francis of Assisi.)
"Preach the Gospel at all times;
use words if necessary."
Sounds like you are living out that quote in your life.
And I'm sure your eternal rewards will bear witness to that fact.

s

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is a quote I am apply to you.
(It was incorrectly attributed to St. Francis of Assisi.)
"Preach the Gospel at all times;
use words if necessary."
Sounds like you are living out that quote in your life.
And I'm sure your eternal rewards will bear witness to that fact.

s
Thank you Bob, how encouraging you are. I have prayed for this very thing.

Thank you for sharing that very timely and wise quote.

I realize that Jesus never ever "rushed" and when He spoke to someone, He zero'd in on their deepest need, and part of that was to be "heard" and "seen" and "recognized" as someone who is "loved" by God the Father, especially those who are weary, cast aside, dejected, rejected, and rendered "invisible", so to speak.

That is perhaps why He drew people to Himself like a magnet.

i don't believe in "accidents". I believe that those unexpected occurrences are "holy interruptions". In addition, i believe that some of the most unexpected and unlikely meetings/occurrences, are with "angels unawares", as it is written in Hebrews.

This verse below comes to mind.

Thank you and God bless you Bob for being such a blessing.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you Bob...maybe we all are without realizing it when we are sharing encouraging and edifying and kind words and ministering to others.

What is most delightful about God, is that when we minister to others, God actually is ministering to us and blessing us simultaneously.

keep shining Bob.

God bless you. :)

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟971,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice and encouraging conversation here. Just before looking at all this, I had read Proverbs 18:21 (EHV) ~ Life and death lie in the power of a tongue, and those who love to use it will eat its fruit. I think I just finally read this verse correctly for the first time. I always focused on the "death" part without rounding it out with what the Spirit wants. It seems that the Spirit wants us to be in love with using the tongue for God's purposes, for Life. In the process, we eat the fruit of Life in Christ. Hmm, that takes some meditating on: to be "in love" with using our tongues so that the right kind of fruit can grow in our lives. That's the only way that our ship's rudder that James talks about can be useful, too. Who can tame it? By His Power, Christ in us, the hope of Glory.

Upvote 0

Bob Wille

Aug 27, 2019
Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your encouragement each day is a real treasure to me. I pray the light of Christ shining though you is touching many, many lives for God's glory.
Don't forget to look at the attached photo today.

Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday I include
one of my nature photo with an applicable bible verse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums