• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

heart scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

gal4God

Support Team
Dec 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟21,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
hi, idk if this fits in
but i was born wiv a heart problem.
i've had ehco scans all my life but the doctors say they can't get pics now i'm older.
i have 2 have a cam inserted ethier thru my hip or my windpipe. i'm scaered.
any1 had this done b4 and wots it like?

HappyMomof4

Thank You Jesus!
Aug 9, 2004
✟9,453.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
My husband had to swallow a camera once to check out a possible ulcer...maybe it's similar to your possible situation. He had no problem with the procedure at all. The worst thing was the medication he took to control the gag reflex, it caused memory loss until it wore off (Just 6 hours or so). But he had no pain other than an irritated throat for a day or so.

My son gets echos yearly, I didn't know that you couldn't keep on doing that when you get older.

Take care, God bless!

Upvote 0

gal4God

Support Team
Dec 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟21,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
i'm 21 and i get echos every 2 years and will continue to get them at Children's Hospital. .....i dont really want to switch even though i am older.
same lol, it makes u feel like a little kid wen u aint.
i spoke 2 my doctor bout it and he gave me the option of the cam or mri, i choise the mri cos i din't want 2 b in hostipal 4 a full day, but am still worried, its 2morrow. i dnt know y i freak out every time i have 2 go 2 the hosipal. but that all i do 4 a few days b4. i should have vame ere 2 speak bout it wen i find out but i'd thought it wouldn't worry me.

any1 had a mri, what r they like? what happens, are they ok or scary?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.