• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Heart problem

Muniesa

Jun 27, 2009
✟7,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe someone suffers from a similar thing I`m experiencing and could tell me more about it.
Every once in a while I have problems falling asleep because my heart starts pumping and sometimes creates spasms in my limbs. It only happens during the night once I lay down to sleep. I`ve been to doctor, ran ECG and it turned out fine.
One thing I did notice is that if I engage in some kind of cardio exercise during a day I don`t find myself having these heart problems.
For the record: I`m not obese.

Mar 29, 2010
✟7,637.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Hi,

I will mention few things that may be of interest, and forgive me if you came across them anyway.
1) doing exercise towards bedtime activates your body and that may cause the heart to start pounding as your body is in the "fight or flight" mode.
2) having chocolate, tea or coffee, again towards bedtime has teh same impact due to their caffeine content.
3) you may need a Holter monitor, and this is like a ECG but for 24 hrs so it actually measures the rhythm of the heart 24 hours to detect any abnormality. This is useful as the ECG done in 5 minutes may only reflect what your heart is doing right there and then. Ask your GP about the Holter monitor (it is small and portable so you take it home to wear for 24 hrs).

I hope this helps. May The Lord Christ give you peace and health.

Upvote 0

Angieh

Oct 18, 2004
✟15,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did the docs ever do an ultrasound on the heart?? I've had heart issues while laying down, and found I have MVP which is a leaky valve that seems to have issues while in the down position.... I've done the halter twice and it was never picked up only on the ultrasound... Hope you're having a great day!! Angieh

Upvote 0

sennydell

Dec 6, 2010
✟15,113.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Coronary heart disease refers to the failure of coronary circulation to supply adequate blood flow to the myocardium and surrounding issue. Coronary heart disease is the most commonly treated coronary artery disease, although they may be due to other causes, such as coronary vasospasm.

Upvote 0

ItNeverEnds

May 29, 2011
✟7,614.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
This sounds kind of similar to what I have...

DO you have particualr difficulty when standing up suddenly? Or going from one extreme of temperature to another (such as coming out the shower)?

It could be a form of dysautonomia, which is what I have. It means my central nervous system overreacts to certain things, changing my heart rate and blood pressure more than it should. It doesn't always have to be in those situation though, sometimes there is no trigger and it just happens at random times, such as when i'm lying in bed.

If it's this it won't always show up on an ECG, it didn't on mine. I had a tilt table test in order to diagnose me, in which they wire you up to ECG machines and blood pressure monitors while you're attatched to a table, and they can tilt the table to put you in different positions and see how it effects your heart rate and blood pressure.

Upvote 0
D

Dairy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums