Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The speaker, Mike Connell, walks us through practical teaching on how to better walk in the Spirit. This first video is how to hear and discern God's voice.

Brief synopsis is to quiet your mind, pray in the Spirit (with tongues), and tune into and open your heart for any spontaneous leading. Lastly test any word against scripture. He even uses an activation exercise!

Last edited:

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two hour video is too long to watch. How about summing up his points?

2 hours is not that long, especially if a person's want to know how to hear the voice of God. It isn't something that just instantly happens. Try giving it a watch when you have 2 hours to do so :)

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 hours is not that long, especially if a person's want to know how to hear the voice of God. It isn't something that just instantly happens. Try giving it a watch when you have 2 hours to do so :)
I know the voice of the Lord. I have been Spirit filled for 30 years. My recommendation is a courtesy in netiquette. And for those who might be interested and do not have the time, a summation can be the tease needed to encourage watching the whole video when they have the time.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know the voice of the Lord. I have been Spirit filled for 30 years. My recommendation is a courtesy in netiquette. And for those who might be interested and do not have the time, a summation can be the tease needed to encourage watching the whole video.

Hearing God's voice takes discipline and persistence. If someone wants to learn how to do so and won't spend 2 hours watching a training video on how to do so then perhaps they do not have the patience or desire to do so. Again, I will not post the finer points, if someone wants to learn they have the video and can watch it, even if in smaller segments.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hearing God's voice takes discipline and persistence. If someone wants to learn how to do so and won't spend 2 hours watching a training video on how to do so then perhaps they do not have the patience or desire to do so. Again, I will not post the finer points, if someone wants to learn they have the video and can watch it, even if in smaller segments.
It is not necessary to remain in grammar school one's whole life. Jesus said, My sheep know my voice.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eh, your loss. A symptom of the sickness in Christianity as a whole unfortunately.
George's profile says he is a deist, not a Christian.
PS, oops, Christian deist what ever that is.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With an activation exercise!
I feel like I need to make my point clearer. What you are advocating is absolutely needed. Many believers are confused about the "voice" of God and both need and want to know more. What I am saying to you, however, is that people come to the forum to talk with other people, not to watch videos. This is what I meant by summing up the video. Ask the question, "What do you think of these points?" to get a response, then link the video at the end with the invitation to watch it for those who want more information. I am sorry if I may have discouraged you. This is an excellent topic, so talk about it.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I need to make my point clearer. What you are advocating is absolutely needed. Many believers are confused about the "voice" of God and both need and want to know more. What I am saying to you, however, is that people come to the forum to talk with other people, not to watch videos. This is what I meant by summing up the video. Ask the question, "What do you think of these points?" to get a response, then link the video at the end with the invitation to watch it for those who want more information. I am sorry if I may have discouraged you. This is an excellent topic, so talk about it.

Oh ok, my apologies I misunderstood you.

I will edit it briefly. Thank you for your help and guidance! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.