Hear the Words of Detained Migrant Children

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Hear the Words of Detained Migrant Children
Children read testimonies given by young migrants detained in Customs and Border Protection facilities. They reveal harrowing stories of children living in cages, going hungry and tending to infants without their parents.

Border Patrol has been detaining thousands of children, sometimes for weeks, in conditions no child anywhere should suffer. At a June hearing before a federal appeals court, judges were stunned by the administration's arguments that these children were kept in "safe and sanitary" facilities, as required by the Flores Settlement.

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I welcome any people who come to work every day and support their kids.
The illegal in my immediate family has three jobs.

That's great....

The vast majority are a drain on the economy....to the tune of tens of billions of dollars.

We're either at or near the point where we can no longer afford to feed and clothe and house and educate the poor of the world.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's great....

The vast majority are a drain on the economy....to the tune of tens of billions of dollars.

We're either at or near the point where we can no longer afford to feed and clothe and house and educate the poor of the world.
People make money and clean the streets for us.
Even while you are sleeping. Education also creates wealth.
Keep sleeping.

The U.S. labor shortage is reaching a critical point - CNBC.com

Wealth Inequality Is a Barrier to Education and Social Mobility |

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eh. Kids are easily impressionable and gullible and will say whatever their parents told them to say. Also stats show in all the recent illegals to come in the groups, only a minority are children. Most are men. So children are just used in the media as chess pieces.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
People make money and clean the streets for us.

They cost money....

Most illegal immigrants in US receive government benefits, costing taxpayers billions: experts

Border surge highest since 2011, each illegal immigrant costs $70,000, 7x deportation price

When you consider that we've had to add billions of dollars to fund caring for them when they arrive....the idea that they improve our economy is a joke.

Even while you are sleeping. Education also creates wealth.
Keep sleeping.

Education costs money....and frankly, our education system is a mess to begin with. I don't have to show you all the articles about teachers on strike from the past two years, do I?

"They work the jobs Americans won't work"....has to be one of the worst excuses for criminality I've ever seen. You do realize that was basically the argument for slavery, right? There weren't enough "workers".

The reality was though, that there was a huge population of white, poor, uneducated laborers looking for work in the antebellum south....but that would require a fair wage for a day's work.

Well if someone doesn't want to slave in poor working conditions for 10 hours a day at 7.50 an hour, I don't blame them. The solution to that isn't to allow them to skirt the law and hire someone to poor and uneducated to have any other options....the solution is to require them to provide better conditions and a decent wage.

Illegal immigration doesn't help the poor...it helps the rich.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They cost money....

Most illegal immigrants in US receive government benefits, costing taxpayers billions: experts

Border surge highest since 2011, each illegal immigrant costs $70,000, 7x deportation price

When you consider that we've had to add billions of dollars to fund caring for them when they arrive....the idea that they improve our economy is a joke.

Not a joke. Your article "Those with low incomes as a group, regardless of legal status, use more in public services than they pay in taxes. Those with low incomes as a group, regardless of legal status, use more in public services than they pay in taxes."

But we already know this. Lower income people pay almost nothing in taxes.
I know this. I have a low income son myself. My wife is disabled. Yes, her taxes do not pay the benefits.

But
employers get the benefits of goods made or services provided at low cost to them. The building you work....cleaned by low paid workers. Lots of jobs you don't want to do getting done at low pay. Sure they pay little to no taxes. That's not an immigration problem. That's a citizenship and it associated taxes problem.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not a joke. Your article "Those with low incomes as a group, regardless of legal status, use more in public services than they pay in taxes. Those with low incomes as a group, regardless of legal status, use more in public services than they pay in taxes."

But we already know this. Lower income people pay almost nothing in taxes.
I know this. I have a low income son myself. My wife is disabled. Yes, her taxes do not pay the benefits.

They have a legal right to be here though...they are a part of our nation.

But
employers get the benefits of goods made or services provided at low cost to them.

Well if you're arguing their employer should pay more....I'd agree. The thing is....why should they if they have a steady stream of poor uneducated people willing to work for any pay no matter how low?

The building you work....cleaned by low paid workers.

Not here illegally though....it's a federal building that contracts to a local group that helps the mentally disabled find work.

I'd hate to think of what would happen to those good people if we just let illegal foreigners take their jobs for an dollar less an hour.

Lots of jobs you don't want to do getting done at low pay. Sure they pay little to no taxes. That's not an immigration problem. That's a citizenship and it associated taxes problem.

None of that changes the fact that illegals are a drain on society. There's no credible source from the left or right that claims otherwise. We aren't obligated to help every poor person who steps foot inside the US and what's more....we cannot afford to.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well if you're arguing their employer should pay more....I'd agree. The thing is....why should they if they have a steady stream of poor uneducated people willing to work for any pay no matter how low?

So that you can start your own company here, instead of in China.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
None of that changes the fact that illegals are a drain on society. There's no credible source from the left or right that claims otherwise. We aren't obligated to help every poor person who steps foot inside the US and what's more....we cannot afford to.

We do not agree they are. Living is a spanish neighborhood, I literally see every day that they work like heck to get ahead and work.

Not one single latino begging at the stoplights....evvv-er.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Eh. Kids are easily impressionable and gullible and will say whatever their parents told them to say. Also stats show in all the recent illegals to come in the groups, only a minority are children. Most are men. So children are just used in the media as chess pieces.
It does not matter if a minority are children, what matters is that those children are being put in inhumane conditions by the US government. Once the US takes them into custody, they should not be denied food and water, which is clearly happening now.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I welcome any people who come to work every day and support their kids.
The illegal in my immediate family has three jobs.
Who's raising the kids, if they work all day?

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's great....

According to whom?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One of these children is going to write a complete novel about their experiences in the camps, and fifty years from now, that book will be required reading in high school.

The difference is that since nothing is ever erased from the Internet, our grandchildren will know which side of history each of us was on.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
History will also know once Trump won, democrats pushed illegals to come here in droves so they can use them as political pawns to score points for the democrats. Democrats knowing full well our border couldn't handle so many people at once. So history will indeed remember democrats were willing to have many die just to score some extra voters and drum up more hate from Trump.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
History will also know once Trump won, democrats pushed illegals to come here in droves so they can use them as political pawns to score points for the democrats. Democrats knowing full well our border couldn't handle so many people at once. So history will indeed remember democrats were willing to have many die just to score some extra voters and drum up more hate from Trump.

History will determine whether or not that was true.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
History will determine whether or not that was true.
And it's not true, it's just something people will say so they can ignore children being kept in inhumane conditions. There's a distinct reason why whataboutism and trying to change the subject is all you see in these topics. They have to attack something other than the concentration camps in the US.

Upvote 0