Hear, O Isreal

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I want a deeper relationship with someone perhaps I see if they might want to have lunch together, or go to a play together, or just meet anywhere to that we can meet and talk together. The key is the talking, the exchanging ideas, the direct communication just them and me.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is alive, and He is in the Kingdom of God which is in our midst. So He is not in some far off placed called heaven. Nor is He still in the depths of hell, for He is risen, indeed.

The Christian should know this!!!

So we find the Word of God - that is to say we find what He has to say to us personally, near by and not far away. His sheep hear His voice, and so we sheep know His voice and we know where to find it. It is found in our heart and on ours lips. The reason is that God is spirit and His Holy Spirit talks to our spirit. He is not the only spirit. There are spirits that serve Him and spirits that are against Him. Angels and Demons, if we want to talk straight about this. Still, God is spirit and we can get to know Him. And that by seeking conversations with Him.

What amazes me is that so many Christians often seem to think that getting closer to God means reading a book. If you read a book about someone you will probably learn more about them, but you are never going to develop a personal relationship with some by read a book about them. You have to talk to them.

This applies to the Bible, but also to many many other Christian books out there that were specifically written to get you into a closer relationship with the Lord. I'm not saying the books are bad. Certainly the Bible is a good book to read for many reasons. For one; the Bible tells us that Jesus stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door, He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him. So the bible tells you how to have a personal relationship with the Lord, as if that wasn't obvious.

But in case is wasn't obvious, the Bible even has commands of which the foremost is "Hear, O Israel". Oh- not many Christians seem to know that "Hear, O Israel" is the foremost command, which is incredible. Of course the foremost command would be to seek the voice of the Lord our God. I would think anyone listening to Him regularly, like His sheep who hear His voice, would understand that getting teachings, understanding, and direction directly from Him is the most important thing, thus the foremost command.

But if that was in doubt, reading the Bible would have made you aware of that, right?

Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, "The foremost is, Hear, O, Isreal….."
Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth
Deat 6:4 "Hear, O Israel1...
Mat 17:5... "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased, listen to Him!"
Is 48:12"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel
Is 49:12 Listen to Me, O islands, and pay attention, you people from afar

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, in your mouth and in your heart" -- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching.

IS IT? Is the word of faith we are preaching, hearing the Lord who is near us and whose words can be found in our hears and even our mouth?

Are we telling people that they can get closer to God and develop a deeper relationship with Him by listening to what He has to say to them or are we telling them a deeper relationship comes from reading books?

Yeah, He likes talking to me about books, and especially about the Bible, He also talks to me about my business, my wife, my kids, my clothes, by life in all aspects. We talk, and that leads to a deeper relationship with Him. Of perhaps I get mad at Him for the things happening in my life and so I don't talk to Him which, like any relationship, causes our relationship to break apart.

The relationship and the depths there in, were never about reading a book, but always about Him and I, talking together. Please don't make it about something else, for your sake and for the sake of others who you might influence.

Thanks