healthcare in the US

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In the ideal world people would get their "maintenance" done. But in spite of requiring people to buy healthcare and having physicals covered at 100%, it hasn't slowed down business in the ER one bit. People are still using the ER like a Urgent care clinic. I personally think the ER should be split into a true ER and a 24 hour urgent care clinic with a triage center to pick which one you get to go to on arrival. It would free up the time and resources from the ER so that they could actually take care of serious matters and not the multiple non-serious cases.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the ideal world people would get their "maintenance" done. But in spite of requiring people to buy healthcare and having physicals covered at 100%, it hasn't slowed down business in the ER one bit. People are still using the ER like a Urgent care clinic. I personally think the ER should be split into a true ER and a 24 hour urgent care clinic with a triage center to pick which one you get to go to on arrival. It would free up the time and resources from the ER so that they could actually take care of serious matters and not the multiple non-serious cases.
My hospital is building new primary care clinics for that reason. They can do so because of the increase in insured patients, including Obamacare. It takes several years to build and staff up. As you know the existing system is built around the way things have been for years. It will take some time and political will to move the system forward. And we have to quit making claims like the “keep your doctor” and everybody’s getting something for nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0