Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am trying to re-focus myself on my reading and growth as a Christian. It has been so hard to find peace and focus with all the coronavirus disruption going on.

Today i came across this story and found an excellent study of it on Google. Just type the subject and see. There is so much material to meditate upon just from this one incident.

If anyone would like to discuss aspects of it here, please do. I don't think this one is in the Bible? I came across it through reading my wonderful book 'Come Ye Apart' by J.R. Miller. What a man of God he was, i love his writings. This healing at Bethesda brings so many thoughts to mind. One is, some sick people actually do not wish to be healed. Whether physically or spiritually ill. We cannot make assumptions. They can be very ungrateful to anyone trying to help. That is human nature. So all we can do is pray.

I want to get my focus and peace back by dwelling on the Word of our God. Lately i have been so churned up in this great storm the UK and world is in. I need to ask Jesus to save me from the storm and find peace even in the centre and face of it. None other than He can do this. We have potential death all around us. But He is life. I want to discuss His teachings, pray and be calm again. Whatever happens.

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One is, some sick people actually do not wish to be healed. Whether physically or spiritually ill. We cannot make assumptions. They can be very ungrateful to anyone trying to help. That is human nature. So all we can do is pray

Yes many people do not want to change, they are comfortable in their life style.

We can do something to disturb them and that is to show the reasons for Jesus, why Christianity is reasonable and unbelief is irrational.

We do this not through appeals to have faith or only believe but by giving reasonable explanations for Christianity.
Of course we cover these conversations with prayer.

Surfing the peace that not having to commute give check out sites like coldcasechristianity, wintery knight, reasonable faith and creation.com
They all have articles that show that Christianity is rational.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am trying to re-focus myself on my reading and growth as a Christian. It has been so hard to find peace and focus with all the coronavirus disruption going on.

Today i came across this story and found an excellent study of it on Google. Just type the subject and see. There is so much material to meditate upon just from this one incident.

If anyone would like to discuss aspects of it here, please do. I don't think this one is in the Bible? I came across it through reading my wonderful book 'Come Ye Apart' by J.R. Miller. What a man of God he was, i love his writings. This healing at Bethesda brings so many thoughts to mind. One is, some sick people actually do not wish to be healed. Whether physically or spiritually ill. We cannot make assumptions. They can be very ungrateful to anyone trying to help. That is human nature. So all we can do is pray.

I want to get my focus and peace back by dwelling on the Word of our God. Lately i have been so churned up in this great storm the UK and world is in. I need to ask Jesus to save me from the storm and find peace even in the centre and face of it. None other than He can do this. We have potential death all around us. But He is life. I want to discuss His teachings, pray and be calm again. Whatever happens.
Once I had given up and thought there is no cure for my back, except my back inversion table might help keep it from worsening. Sometimes I worried using my back inversion table too much made it worse. I was complacent.

One day I told God I was sorry I did not seek healing for my back in earnest after I had given up defeated. I prayed that God might make it better. God immediately reminded me of a back stretching exercise I had once used to strengthen my lower back, but had quit. I started to do the exercise daily and the pain went away. I am able to lift 20 lbs occasionally, maybe more. Not even close to the strength I once had. I thanked God for deliverance.

• Prayers
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a story in the gospels of a paralytic man, his friends take him to see Jesus, they dig through the ceiling and lower him down in the midst of the crowd. But Jesus doesn't tell him to rise and walk and take up his bed, instead He says your sins are forgiven you.

I always felt that this paralytic didn't want to be taken to Jesus, he didn't want to be made a big show of in front of a big crowd, and he definitely didn't want someone to tell him to rise and walk because he couldn't do that. I suspect the entire time they were taking him to Jesus he was complaining that he can't do it, he can't rise and walk. So when Jesus tells him "your sins are forgiven" it hits him, he can't rise and walk, but he can forgive sins. He can forgive those who brought him to Jesus against his will.

The others listening all complain "who is this that forgives sins" but then the Lord says that you may know the son of man has the authority to forgive sins he tells him to rise and walk. I always felt the rising and walking began with forgiving sins, it is our first step.

Upvote 0