Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
John Chrysostom said this: "The “healings” we experience today are spiritual. It’s also miraculous healing when a hard heart is softened, when someone repents, or when their lives are morally reformed by the gospel."

In preaching on this text he wanted to talk about the power of changed lives as a "sign" that accompanies gospel preaching.

Good way to look at it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
John Chrysostom said this: "The “healings” we experience today are spiritual. It’s also miraculous healing when a hard heart is softened, when someone repents, or when their lives are morally reformed by the gospel."

In preaching on this text he wanted to talk about the power of changed lives as a "sign" that accompanies gospel preaching.
Doesn't sound to me as if 'John' said anything analogous at all to Scripture .

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The physical healings the apostles did are analogous to spiritual healings.
That sounds from "John" just an excuse to "have the appearance of religion, but denying the power thereof".

The messengers of Yahweh spoke the truth from Yahweh, resulting in healing of spirit first, then body --- all as Yahweh Says in His Word.

Today, as noted today (and for years) on this forum (et al) , healing is resisted and rejected (in Florida specifically, in particular )
because
as written "MY people perish for lack of knowledge" ,
and instead choosing to believe men and trusting men instead of trusting Yahweh and His Word.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That sounds from "John" just an excuse to "have the appearance of religion, but denying the power thereof".

The messengers of Yahweh spoke the truth from Yahweh, resulting in healing of spirit first, then body --- all as Yahweh Says in His Word.

Today, as noted today (and for years) on this forum (et al) , healing is resisted and rejected (in Florida specifically, in particular )
because
as written "MY people perish for lack of knowledge" ,
and instead choosing to believe men and trusting men instead of trusting Yahweh and His Word.

The healings seem to drop off the radar after the time of the apostles. Early church fathers all agree that they do not occur with frequency in their time.

• Useful
Reactions: DamianWarS
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jeff,

When Jesus healed individuals, what was required of them? Faith. By his wounds we are healed. I think it is very analogous now thinking more about it
TODAY! YES !

"Jesus Christ the SAME TODAY, YESTERDAY, and FOREVER" without change.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
TODAY! YES !

"Jesus Christ the SAME TODAY, YESTERDAY, and FOREVER" without change.

Moses parted the Red Sea. Since we worship the same God as Moses, should we expect that sea parting would be a regular part of the Christian life?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The healings seem to drop off the radar after the time of the apostles. Early church fathers all agree that they do not occur with frequency in their time.
GOOD. Keep learning - good to see what happened. Later to find out WHY it happened.

Sort of like the old saying : WHO MOVED? Yahweh (G-d), or men ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Moses parted the Red Sea. Since we worship the same God as Moses, should we expect that sea parting would be a regular part of the Christian life?
What does Yahweh say ? (hint:yes) HE ('analogously') CHANGED the RED SEA PARTING (although by analogy that does happen frequently still TODAY, and for centuries, eh?)
to: by faith speaking to and MOVING MOUNTAINS WHICH ARE CAST INTO THE SEA - even with a mere faith the size of a tiny mustard seed. (yes, truth today, as always, just as Yahweh is always truthful and makes sure HIS WORD DOES all that HE SAYS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What does Yahweh say ? (hint:yes) HE ('analogously') CHANGED the RED SEA PARTING (although by analogy that does happen frequently still TODAY, and for centuries, eh?)
to: by faith speaking to and MOVING MOUNTAINS WHICH ARE CAST INTO THE SEA - even with a mere faith the size of a tiny mustard seed. (yes, truth today, as always, just as Yahweh is always truthful and makes sure HIS WORD DOES all that HE SAYS.

Where does the Bible say that God changed Red Sea parting to mountain moving? Are you suggesting that sea parting was a normal thing in the Old Testament era?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
At Jesus time on earth, others sought miracles and signs also.
(I have to go now, someone told me) Bye.

Most gentiles at one time, through today and Jews, (changing hopefully) also,
looked for wisdom or signs/ miracles or followed Jesus for the food He provided to the crowds.

Let not this be the 'only' thing people seek or receive today, (rather believe!?)
19. The Sign Of Jonah (Matthew 12:38-45)

... ... ...
"... ... ... ... Reading the Text

38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the Law said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you.”

39 He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here. 42 The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here.

43 “When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house empty, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are the healing ministries of Jesus and the apostles analogous to deaconal and mercy ministries of the church?

If you are asking if Jesus healing were types and shadows? then yes, that's exactly what they are, because physically healing someone, has no spiritual consequence, but healing them of spiritual blindness, absolutely does.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No. Healing people is healing people. Ministering in other ways is ministering in other ways. I see no need to emasculate the miraculous yet again.

Why does drawing an analogy imply or entail "emasculating the miraculous"?

Upvote 0