South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it possible to be healed today? I have had to deal with so many health problems, that I now wonder how I have made it through the day. I often notice that a lot of healing ministries are also about people who send money to these ministries. Are there any ministries who truly understand and do heal those who are sick and don't expect anything in return, such as money?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is it possible to be healed today? I have had to deal with so many health problems, that I now wonder how I have made it through the day. I often notice that a lot of healing ministries are also about people who send money to these ministries. Are there any ministries who truly understand and do heal those who are sick and don't expect anything in return, such as money?
Did Jesus or any of the disciples charge money ?

Did YAHWEH (G-d) Say: FREELY you have received, FREELY give ?

Help any ?

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did Jesus or any of the disciples charge money ?

Did YAHWEH (G-d) Say: FREELY you have received, FREELY give ?

Help any ?
1 Corinthians 9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Galatians 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
saying, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer." ~Exodus 15:26

And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. And he marveled because of their unbelief. ~Mark 6:5-6

And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
~Mark 9:22-24

God won't heal you unless you are diligently listening to his voice and you believe that he is able to do it.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Just because you are not being healed how you want/expect to be miraculously healed doesn't mean there are not other ways of healing. I prayed for years to be healed about something but eventually found out it was something as simple as a mineral and vitamin deficiency, while in other cases I’ve been healed by simply praying.

Sometimes you pray, sometimes you pray and go to the doctor.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Just because you are not being healed how you want/expect to be miraculously healed doesn't mean there are not other ways of healing. I prayed for years to be healed about something but eventually found out it was something as simple as a mineral and vitamin deficiency, while in other cases I’ve been healed by simply praying.

Sometimes you pray, sometimes you pray and go to the doctor.
It is indeed and in fact more difficult - it can take years,
to find an honest doctor, one who can help instead of hurt.
Likewise,
HOW MANY people do you know
who can actually TEST for nutritional imbalances and deficiency ?
That can be MOST helpful at times, of course,
but NOT as profitable as the allopathic methods, which are much more common (and don't help find the cause, just treat the symptoms) ..... (oh, and add more symptoms (side effects) most of the time) ....

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God won't heal you unless you are diligently listening to his voice and you believe that he is able to do it.
I think He healed a lot of people who didn't even bother to thank Him, nor to follow Him. (some examples may be found in Scripture)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I think He healed a lot of people who didn't even bother to thank Him, nor to follow Him. (some examples may be found in Scripture)

Gratitude is different from faith. That's why we have words for them. They aren't even synonyms. The principle is what's important: without faith, God won't act.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is indeed and in fact more difficult - it can take years,
to find an honest doctor, one who can help instead of hurt.
Likewise,
HOW MANY people do you know
who can actually TEST for nutritional imbalances and deficiency ?
That can be MOST helpful at times, of course,
but NOT as profitable as the allopathic methods, which are much more common (and don't help find the cause, just treat the symptoms) ..... (oh, and add more symptoms (side effects) most of the time) ....

I learned a long time ago not to rely on my own understanding. God himself made a way to many of my actual doctors. If I trust them or not is not the issue, what matters is if I trust God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I learned a long time ago not to rely on my own understanding. God himself made a way to many of my actual doctors. If I trust them or not is not the issue, what matters is if I trust God.
Ah, so close, and maybe the same -
if you trust God, yes, He will guide you and heal you.

If you trust flesh/mankind/ doctors opposed to God instead of doctors with God,
then God curses you. This is truth as His Word Says, always.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah, so close, and maybe the same -
if you trust God, yes, He will guide you and heal you.

If you trust flesh/mankind/ doctors opposed to God instead of doctors with God,
then God curses you. This is truth as His Word Says, always.

We have a saying in my country, “Never say from that water I’ll never drink”. Wait until you need an unsaved, tattoed, pierced, mohawked doctor to help you in a time of need and then tell me if you are going to reject his help because in your eyes that person is not coming from God. I’ve seen God work in misterious ways and use the strangest people to help me. In the Bible he used a donkey to deliver a message for crying out loud and a prostitute to help the spies.

In my case I disliked doctors, for years never trusted them until I needed one and I realized they are as humans as I am. You’ll find bad apples in every profession, but not everyone is bad. I thank God for His complete spiritual and physical provision, regardless of how He decides to send it.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Kevin Snow
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think a lot of our health problems are the result of bad lifestyles. If we walk with the Lord, I think a lot of these infirmities can be healed.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think a lot of our health problems are the result of bad lifestyles. If we walk with the Lord, I think a lot of these infirmities can be healed.
This is proven truth every day the last 120 years.

Note that , specifically, when people change the place where they eat, or start to get uncontaminated food from a meal supplier, and eat nothing with toxins it in every day,
they often, unexpectedly, "heal". (in average takes about 2 months for simpler things; just at a regular check-up/test, they're told - "you don't need xyz any more - your tests are negative this time" )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,276.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about recommending any particular ministries. I have heard stories of people who got healed while alone, simply by reading the Bible on the topic of healing and truly believing it, also have studied the topic of documented medical miracles. Here are some you might find of interest...

This isn't addressed to just you, but to any who have wondered about healing....

Anyone: When you see the well documented miracles below, if you want to say "Anecdotes", sorry, I can't take you seriously. I'm quite sure that when you get your own medical or doctor reports that you say no such thing. If you can't tell the difference between anecdotes and medical reports, and scientific research, perhaps you should spend some time curled up with a dictionary.
Also, if you want to quote some site that tries to trash the Shroud of Turin, I leave you with a rhetorical Q. Should I listen to people who were never anywhere near the Shroud, or to the team of scientists who examined it and put their findings in peer reviewed science journals, and to the scientist who invented carbon 14 dating who is seen in the vid? That's not a tough decision.
Now in the Bible we are told of a Man Who believed in Adam and Eve and Noah as being actual, historical figures. The Bible says He did miracles and raised the dead and healed the sick. He multiplied food out of nothing. He said we could do even greater things than He did. The Bible also describes His death and burial. Is there any actual scientific data to support those stories?
See secular news reports about Val Thomas, dead for 17 hours but now alive and normal after prayers from her family and her Church.
See Medical Marvel Beyond Chance, from a secular source, with a pediatrician giving his report. this one attesting to a dying child's healing which cannot be explained by modern medicine, and came after a relative laid hands on her and prayed for her.
The DNA in every cell in her body was changed.
See CBN's short vid with Dean Braxton. You'll hear his critical care doctor, rated the best patient care doctor in Washington state, saying "It is a miracle...a miracle..." that Braxton is alive, has no brain damage and is normal in every way. Why? He had no heart beat and no respiration for 1 3/4 hours! His family believed in divine healing and they and others were praying for him.
. Also see CBN Dr. Chauncey Crandall Raises A Man From The Dead.
Part 1. This video is a bit faded but has the most complete information on this story.
Get Dr. Richard Casdorph's book The Miracles. There he gives medical documentation for miracles, mostly, but not all, from Kathryn Kuhlman's healing services. Casdorph came to Kuhlman's meetings to debunk her but turned into a supporter, as did other doctors. You can see him and other doctors in some of her healing services on YT. (She is now deceased.) Delores Winder is one of the cases documented in his book. You can watch her amazing story on YT with Sid Roth.

The book The Audacity of Prayer by Don Nordin lists medically documented miracles.
On Andrew Wommack's vids you can see doctors talking about "miracles" too. At the end of the book Don't Limit God you see a medical statement by a doctor saying that his patient used to have M.S. and diabetes but is now cured.
Bruce Van Natta was in a horrific accident where he lost about 80% of his small intestine. Someone he didn't even know was told to get on a plane and lay hands on him and pray for him. His small intestines grew back competely and you can see his doctors testifying to that. Angelic Intervention & Miraculous Healing - Bruce Van Natta
Here we see many witnesses reporting donated food being miraculously multiplied for people who lived in a dump in Juarez. Story of Christmas 1972
Do you think that Someone Who can raise the dead and heal people of deadly "incurable" diseases, Someone Who can make body parts and food out of nothing, Someone Who created time, space, matter, and energy - needed "evolution" to make life forms? No, He created them fully formed and fully functional in 6 days just as Genesis, a Book He always supported, tells you.
Then there is the Shroud of Turin. If you don't know, the Shroud is a blood stained linen burial shroud with the faint image of a crucified man on it. If you have heard that the Shroud was proven to be a Medieval fake based on carbon 14 testing, in the documentary Jesus And The Shroud of Turin you can see the very inventor of carbon 14 testing saying that the sample was invalid due to contamination. Documentary | Jesus and the Shroud of Turin
The vid demonstrates many miraculous features such as pollen from Jerusalem and faint images of flowers that are found only in the Jerusalem area during the spring, as at Passover when Messiah was crucified. With modern technology we also see that the Shroud has an x ray quality which even reveals the bones and dentition of the Man on the Shroud.
In the 70s a NASA scientist noticed the Shroud's photographs had inexplicable, unique in the world, qualities. He got up a team of scientists, called STURP, to examine it in person in Italy. (No, the Shroud is not "just a Catholic thing" as the Vatican only came into stewardship of it fairly recently in history.) They used NASA, and other, high tech equipment with 100s of thousands of hours of research. Their findings are seen all over the net and were published in respected science journals.
The team was composed of 3 Jews, at least one agnostic and one atheist, and people of various faiths. They all agreed on these things: The Shroud image was not painted on, and they have no clue how it got there. It exactly matches, down to blood stains where a crown of thorns would be, the description of Messiah's death and burial as given in the Bible. The image could not be duplicated with modern technology.
About the Shroud I say "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, maybe it's a duck."
Maybe that Man on the Shroud is your very Best Friend and Savior. I pray you will find that out. You're going to need a miracle some day friend. They are out there in abundance for those who humbly seek them from their Creator, the One Who made all that DNA out there, and Who said, "Whoever comes to Me I will no way cast out."
It's not about religion. It's about Him. And you.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,276.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Also, I think the very best video on healing that I have ever seen is by Art Thomas called 10 Things Jesus NEVER Said About Healing.

I have to disagree with him on one thing in regard to sickness however. Don't remember if he said that in this vid or another, though, off hand. Anyway he says that the Lord never makes people sick. No, that's not true. Read Deut. 28 for one example.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
This is proven truth every day the last 120 years.

Note that , specifically, when people change the place where they eat, or start to get uncontaminated food from a meal supplier, and eat nothing with toxins it in every day,
they often, unexpectedly, "heal". (in average takes about 2 months for simpler things; just at a regular check-up/test, they're told - "you don't need xyz any more - your tests are negative this time" )
Sometimes we need to clean out our hearts, also, I believe.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes, it be possible to be healed in this day and time.
You have made it thus far because the Lord wills it, it's how all of us make it.

No healing ministry(or elders) should charge money for praying and anointing someone with oil... James 5: 13-15 "Is any one of you suffering? He should pray.
Is anyone cheerful? He should sing praises.
14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick.
The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven."

restore in verse 15 is about being preserved/rescued/kept safe: save, heal, preserve, rescue, recover, kept safe...and the word sick in verse 15 means: spiritually afflicted...distressed, wearied to the point of sickness, fatigued;
it's the same word used in Hebrews 12:3 and is translated weary, wearied, tired, discouraged...it's be the two verses in the Bible which the word is used like that.

Also... this be in accordance to God's Will, for we know Elisha prayed to
be healed and was not healed while on this earth, it be his time(meaning,his
time to die) and it wasn't due to a lack of faith because scripture reveals this:
2 Kings 13:20-21
"Elisha died, and they buried him.
Now the bands of the Moabites would invade the land in the spring of the year.
Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb.
When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet."

We also know Apostle Saul(Paul) not be healed of his thorn but he was given
what he needed to continue ministering...so restore don't always mean healed
of what be ailing you...it could mean that you be: preserved/recover or be kept
safe. There are believers who be kept safe, made to recover from they illnesses
but the illness itself lingers on but somewhat manageable.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,276.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
saying, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer." ~Exodus 15:26

And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them. And he marveled because of their unbelief. ~Mark 6:5-6

And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
~Mark 9:22-24

"God won't heal you unless you are diligently listening to his voice and you believe that he is able to do it."

That actually isn't' true. There are reports of people being healed who were unbelievers, because of someone else's faith, though not surprisingly they generally converted. Babies have been healed. Were they diligently listening to and obeying the Word? The Bible does not say to heal those who believe. It simply says to heal. Healing can be a great witness for the Lord.

Upvote 0