• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Healing from Torture

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been healing from my torture due to Christian Forums. I have also picked up a doll hobby which is helping me heal too. I have been praying to Jesus and he has let me know that I don't have to pray for my torturers because when I do I reopen the wound. He also let me know I don't have to forgive my torturers for the same reason. It reopens the wound. Jesus wants me to hold no ill will against my torturers and that that will be enough. Jesus said he is praying for my torturers that they heal and become Godly people. Jesus said I am too fragile to pray about them and that the torturers had to much violence towards me that makes it impossible for me to trust the torturers enough to forgive them. I am glad Jesus will be praying for my torturers. I feel that will help me heal even more. Jesus explained to me it is dangerous for me to have a spiritual bond with my torturers right now because they were more violent toward me then I am able to process. My torturers goal was to destroy my soul. Jesus said it is not safe for me to pray and think that they will change, because likely they will be the same-violent toward me in spirit. Jesus said he will pray for them to change. Jesus said I have stockholm syndrome because I believe my torturers care about me when in reality they don't. Jesus told me that in not wishing ill on my torturers I am still pleasing Him. I realize I am more fragile than I would like to be. The torture truly had an effect on me and I am still terrified by my torturers. I think I always will be. They said they would torture me forever and that is stuck in my mind. They used a lot of violence on me physically, with beatings, once giving me a bloody nose and the violent rapes. I am still terrified of them because of the violence they used on me. My main healing right now comes from being on Christian forums, playing with dolls and being around my family. I don't think I will ever truly heal from what was done to me, I can only escape it through my imagination. In my imagination I am always safe and my life is always gentle.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We want also to rely on Christ's instructions to us on just what to pray in Matthew chapter 6, as a powerful daily prayer, also, in addition to any other prayers. We all need to take in all His instructions about how to pray. Key things He tells us about how to pray are in Matthew chapter 6 (starting at verse 5) and also in Mark chapter 11 (to believe) and John chapter 15 (to keep His words in our minds), and we can have faith we must have as we pray when praying in the way He says to pray, and know these prayers will be answered. Also, we can pray even for aid to have our hearts healed, and for help to forgive an individual (even if only one of more than one, even if only a lesser one at first) and this is a good prayer that aligns fully to God's will, in that having our hearts healed helps us to be able to love our neighbors as He wills that we should.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We want also to rely on Christ's instructions to us on just what to pray in Matthew chapter 6, as a powerful daily prayer, also, in addition to any other prayers. We all need to take in all His instructions about how to pray. Key things He tells us about how to pray are in Matthew chapter 6 (starting at verse 5) and also in Mark chapter 11 (to believe) and John chapter 15 (to keep His words in our minds), and we can have faith we must have as we pray when praying in the way He says to pray, and know these prayers will be answered. Also, we can pray even for aid to have our hearts healed, and for help to forgive an individual (even if only one of more than one, even if only a lesser one at first) and this is a good prayer that aligns fully to God's will, in that having our hearts healed helps us to be able to love our neighbors as He wills that we should.
Thank you so much for these insights :) God bless you :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been healing from my torture due to Christian Forums. I have also picked up a doll hobby which is helping me heal too. I have been praying to Jesus and he has let me know that I don't have to pray for my torturers because when I do I reopen the wound. He also let me know I don't have to forgive my torturers for the same reason. It reopens the wound. Jesus wants me to hold no ill will against my torturers and that that will be enough. Jesus said he is praying for my torturers that they heal and become Godly people. Jesus said I am too fragile to pray about them and that the torturers had to much violence towards me that makes it impossible for me to trust the torturers enough to forgive them. I am glad Jesus will be praying for my torturers. I feel that will help me heal even more. Jesus explained to me it is dangerous for me to have a spiritual bond with my torturers right now because they were more violent toward me then I am able to process. My torturers goal was to destroy my soul. Jesus said it is not safe for me to pray and think that they will change, because likely they will be the same-violent toward me in spirit. Jesus said he will pray for them to change. Jesus said I have stockholm syndrome because I believe my torturers care about me when in reality they don't. Jesus told me that in not wishing ill on my torturers I am still pleasing Him. I realize I am more fragile than I would like to be. The torture truly had an effect on me and I am still terrified by my torturers. I think I always will be. They said they would torture me forever and that is stuck in my mind. They used a lot of violence on me physically, with beatings, once giving me a bloody nose and the violent rapes. I am still terrified of them because of the violence they used on me. My main healing right now comes from being on Christian forums, playing with dolls and being around my family. I don't think I will ever truly heal from what was done to me, I can only escape it through my imagination. In my imagination I am always safe and my life is always gentle.

:heart: Yes, leave it all in His hands precious and allow him to remove all the stronghold that is part of the residue of the traumas that you endured. Praying for you dear heart (((hug)))

blue-1-A.gif

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:heart: Yes, leave it all in His hands precious and allow him to remove all the stronghold that is part of the residue of the traumas that you endured. Praying for you dear heart (((hug)))

blue-1-A.gif
Thank you so much Brinny. God bless you. Hugs :)

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0