GirlonFire89

Oct 8, 2015
Central Virginia
✟7,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My husband has really bad headaches that evolve into migraines.
Over the years we have found he could be addicted to caffeine in energy drinks.
One good method we have found to work that is natural, put his hands and feet in a hot bath and an ice pack on the back of his neck hunched over. sounds silly... but really helps also with the lack of light and sound.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
BC powder or Goodies headache powder. It comes in several small paper sheaths with has a single serving size of powder. You pour it down your throat and wash it down with your favorite beverage and it starts working almost immediately since it doesn't have to dissolve in the stomach. I've had migraines for most of my life and these powders do wonders for them.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
For some strange reason some soft drinks with red food coloring would give me a headache it was the red coloring but in other things with the coloring I didn't have an issue with them at all.
Some headaches I think are related to food allergies if you can track when you get them and compare them to things in your diet you can experiment with you may be able to track down the problem.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For some strange reason some soft drinks with red food coloring would give me a headache it was the red coloring but in other things with the coloring I didn't have an issue with them at all.
Some headaches I think are related to food allergies if you can track when you get them and compare them to things in your diet you can experiment with you may be able to track down the problem.

Definetly. I get migraenes from coca-cola zero and other diet drinks.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Water (lots)
Yes!:amen: Most headaches are from dehydration. My son-in-law complained of a bad headache a while ago. I told him to drink about a pint of good ole water. He got almost instant relief. There was no need for any pain killers.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: John Owen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Owen

Sep 23, 2022
Minneapolis
✟14,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In your opinion, what do you find the best thing to take for a headache(besides tylenol, sleep, dark rooms, quietness, etc)

More things like tea or something like that

Just curious

Thanks and God Bless!
Exercise and drink lots of water. I find that dehydration gives me migraines.

Upvote 0

Samsun

Aug 30, 2022
USA
✟16,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do use herbs/etc., but I haven't seen yet mention of working trigger points in one's muscles that may be causing the headaches as another natural remedy.

I found great relief from chronic headaches from using this book to find out where they were (they aren't always located where you are feeling the pain), and how to work them out (either by yourself or having a spouse/friend help):

The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief by Davies.

I have the second edition, but I see there's a third edition now.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I began eating less, I had less frequent headaches until the point I never seem to be having headaches anymore.

Also know your food headache triggers. My triggers are caffeine, tomato, avocado, and a few other plant foods and eating too much sweets / sugar. I won't recommend artificial sweeteners either.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In your opinion, what do you find the best thing to take for a headache(besides tylenol, sleep, dark rooms, quietness, etc)

Just curious

Thanks and God Bless!
For me, it was a change of diet. Cut back on sugar and carbs. I just don't react well to high sugar, high carb foods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Just curious

Thanks and God Bless!
Grandma's old head ache remedy works wonders.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
yes, good. eating or drinking or breathing anything that is an allergen can cause headaches and other diseases in the mind and body.
When the allergens are gone, the problem is gone also.
Also if the allergy itself goes away, that is good too.

Thank God I don't have allergies but I used to have frequent headaches.

Tomatoes are mildly toxic especially the green parts. And for some reason, I can't resist its toxins unlike most people do. The symptoms I get is that of food poisoning and not allergy. I have the same problem with red bell peppers and it turns out that tomatoes and red bell peppers are related.

Anyway, I ate tomato pizza lately with green bell peppers and I didn't get any symptoms. I am eating a lot less lately from intermittent fasting seems to have improved my immunity to plant toxins. Intermittent fasting probably changed my gut bacteria with something that can metabolize plant toxins, turning these toxins into harmless by products. Just guessing.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank God I don't have allergies but I used to have frequent headaches.
It may be found out eventually that every headache was from an allergy.
Thank God that He Provides Freedom from allergies, when He Pleases to do so.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tomatoes are mildly toxic especially the green parts. And for some reason, I can't resist its toxins unlike most people do. The symptoms I get is that of food poisoning and not allergy. I have the same problem with red bell peppers and it turns out that tomatoes and red bell peppers are related.
Simply using definitions differently.
Yes, toxins and their effects, also known as free radicals and their effects, sometimes appear different than allergies, depending on how one defines allergy. None-the-less, avoiding things that are bad for you, may be a good thing and result in perfect health , at least sometimes, and way more often than taking more stuff that is bad for everyone.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Simply using definitions differently.
Yes, toxins and their effects, also known as free radicals and their effects, sometimes appear different than allergies, depending on how one defines allergy. None-the-less, avoiding things that are bad for you, may be a good thing and result in perfect health , at least sometimes, and way more often than taking more stuff that is bad for everyone.

Mayo clinic makes distinction between allergy and food poisoning. The fundamental difference is that allergies tend to be genetic and there's no cure but avoidance of allergens. Immunity or resistance against toxins that cause food poisoning can be developed by the body.

I made a huge dietary change beginning this January and I suspect greatly improved my tolerance of toxins found in tomatoes and other related plant foods. It may have altered the composition of the bacteria colony in my gut but whatever happened seem to have improved their efficiency in breaking down toxins found in some foods.

Upvote 0