Wilsonville
✟11,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I am afraid I have had head knowledge vs. having saving faith. I have fallen away from faith after being divorced...a church counselor advised my ex-wife it was OK to get divorced. I believe I did not listen to the Holy Spirit telling me I should not marry her....and I still got married. It seems as if I have consistently not listened to the still small voice instructing me. After my divorce I fell into sin with an unbelieving woman for nearly two years. I have had an experience of feeling like I lost the Holy Spirit earlier this year, but I am wondering if I ever had saving faith to start with. I am worried sick, as I feel I have committed the unpardonable sin by departing from the faith. I am trying to get back into faith but I am finding myself feeling as if I don't belong in the church, hence I have not gone. When I have gone in the past, I feel like a hypocrite and don't feel right taking communion. I am really struggling...have been finding myself becoming more recluse, not going out in the world, and staying in the house not doing much other than trying to find my way back to God. It has not felt as if I can get back to him even though many are saying God is right here. Thoughts and prayers!

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If a person (you, in your case) understands what is commanded by God to receive eternal life (to be saved) then you have eternal life not to be lost.

The big question is do you understand how to receive eternal life.

Here is what the Bibles states: how to receive eternal life. Believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from Old Testament prophecies and trust in The Messiah for His gift of His eternal life. This is stated many times in the Gospel of John, here are a few verses.

John 3:14,15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should
not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 5:24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life

John 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

John 6:28,29 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

John 6:40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am afraid I have had head knowledge vs. having saving faith. I have fallen away from faith after being divorced...a church counselor advised my ex-wife it was OK to get divorced. I believe I did not listen to the Holy Spirit telling me I should not marry her....and I still got married. It seems as if I have consistently not listened to the still small voice instructing me. After my divorce I fell into sin with an unbelieving woman for nearly two years. I have had an experience of feeling like I lost the Holy Spirit earlier this year, but I am wondering if I ever had saving faith to start with. I am worried sick, as I feel I have committed the unpardonable sin by departing from the faith. I am trying to get back into faith but I am finding myself feeling as if I don't belong in the church, hence I have not gone. When I have gone in the past, I feel like a hypocrite and don't feel right taking communion. I am really struggling...have been finding myself becoming more recluse, not going out in the world, and staying in the house not doing much other than trying to find my way back to God. It has not felt as if I can get back to him even though many are saying God is right here. Thoughts and prayers!
You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. All your weaknesses and faults are covered by His Glory. Walk Tall & Boldly in The Lord like nothing ever happened by claiming His promises daily.That way the enemy will never steal your joy and peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not obeyed his commands and I do not know what to do now.....
Start with where you are. You are a divorced Christian man who has wandered, and is beginning to feel that something is missing, and wrong. My friend, God loves you so much.

Our salvation is a journey. Begin to talk to Christ. Talk to Him. Study His words, study the New Testament, start the day with prayer, ask for the strength and grace to follow Him, to live out His commandments, to love and forgive others, and to make your life an offering to Him.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My advice is to ignore the issue. It does not matter where you were, it matters where you are right now. You have no experience of the salvation that lord Jesus bought for you at the cost of His life and His blood. When an individual falls as you have, it is really difficult to be objective. You are being hammered by Satan and all your words are doubt and unbelief. Some find it hard to acknowledge that their conversion was lacking. The reality is that around 95% of churchgoers are no born again. Very often, pride hinders people from accepting the truth.

Now you may or may not be born again. It's encouraging that you are suffering. Most people who turn away are indifferent or even hostile. Please read the following three articles. They will help you as they helped me when I had my own crisis many years ago.

Are you absolutely sure you are saved - Christian Life Frankston
Are you absolutely sure you are born again? - Christian Life Frankston
Are you under condemnation? - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No woman (or man) is gonna doom you into being abandoned by God. There are stories of prisoners who gave their lives to Christ and felt happy for once in their lives.

I believe that every person, deep inside them, knows if they are saved or not. And of course, the criteria is whether you have accepted God in your life. As much as I value the church, I assert that even those who don't go to church can have communion with Christ. Everything starts with a humble prayer. Pray. Learn what prayer is and do it. Ask for forgiveness. Ask for strength. Ask for ANYTHING. Robert Greene once said that if you ask for the moon, you'd be often surprised by how often you'd actually get it.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,153.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
..... I am trying to get back into faith but I am finding myself feeling as if I don't belong in the church, hence I have not gone. When I have gone in the past, I feel like a hypocrite and don't feel right taking communion. I am really struggling...have been finding myself becoming more recluse, not going out in the world, and staying in the house not doing much other than trying to find my way back to God. It has not felt as if I can get back to him even though many are saying God is right here. Thoughts and prayers!
You would almost certainly have heard of the song "Amazing Grace", and the chances are you've sung it at some time.

The bloke who wrote it, John Newton, was a slave-trader in his younger years. That's why the word "wretch" is in the song - for modern middle class ears, that word might seem a bit strong, repugnant even - we don't feel like wretches. But John Newton did - he'd been involved in a trade treating human beings like cattle. As far as he was concerned, his mere continued existence was due to nothing more than God's grace.

If he could repent, and write "Amazing Grace" into the bargain, then you need to grab hold of God's grace also, and keep hanging on.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/history/people/pastorsandpreachers/john-newton.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...I believe that every person, deep inside them, knows if they are saved or not. And of course, the criteria is whether you have accepted God in your life...
Interesting.

I could never make such an assumption.
Cannot imagine heaven accepting a wretch like me. Unless I am used as a reminder, and/or warning, of what a wretch is all about.

Upvote 0